Can I talk to my clients in a different language rather than English?

nezuko_writes

Question

24 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, nezuko_writes said:

The client wanted to meet in Google Meet before ordering.

That's against the rules. I hope you didn't do it.

2 minutes ago, nezuko_writes said:

The client says he does it a lot but I fear banning from Fiverr since I can't create another ID.  

You are correct, you could get banned for that.

57 minutes ago, nezuko_writes said:

Is it possible that I have conversations with my clients using a different language rather than English? And of course, my clients prefers the same.

There's no rule against it, however, one seller was recently advised by their Success Manager to communicate in English with his clients (that seller is German, his clients are mostly German, but still, English is recommended).

• Like 18
  • Confused 1
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, fahadislamjuel said:

I am not sure about it, you should familiarize yourself with the rules by thoroughly reviewing the Fiverr Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.

https://www.fiverr.com/legal-portal/legal-terms/terms-of-service

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards

Thanks.

I know! It sounds suspicious, right? The client wanted to meet in Google Meet before ordering. The client says he does it a lot but he started in March 2024 on Fiverr ( I saw his account) and I fear banning from Fiverr since I can't create another ID.  
I read the rules of Fiverr. I couldn't find one reliable source saying video calls through another source or talking in another language is okay with Fiverr. 🙂 

Edited by nezuko_writes
  • Like 16
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, catwriter said:

That's against the rules. I hope you didn't do it.

You are correct, you could get banned for that.

There's no rule against it, however, one seller was recently advised by their Success Manager to communicate in English with his clients (that seller is German, his clients are mostly German, but still, English is recommended).

The client was furious and asked me to get advice from an experienced seller or a teacher XD. I am not blaming him. Maybe he was just in a rush and wanted to examine me thoroughly. I am already a seller on 2 other sites. In one, I am a top-rated one. I only came to Fiverr to earn more!

There's just one simple rule in all of them. DON'T COMMUNICATE OUTSIDE THE PLATFORM! I mean all of the platforms just care about their money! I heard Fiverr bans everyone after giving three strikes so- yes! I said "Pardon me but no!" to my client. 

Anyway, Thank you for the advice! 

• Like 13
  • Up 4

Yes, you can if your client comfortable with his/her native language such as German or French, you can continue with that language, but you must have proper knowledge about that knowledge 🙂

• Like 15
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2024 at 11:29 PM, designcore69 said:

Yes, you can if your buyer feel comfortable. You can use Google translator. It helps a lot.

Okay, I understand this part, but I still have one remaining confusion. Fiverr is a great place for getting work, but there are also many scammers. What should I do if a client turns out to be fake or engages in unethical behavior in the chatbox?

Let's assume I'm having a conversation with my client in a language other than English (Such as Bengali). If they demand something against the rules, such as communicating outside of Fiverr or engaging in illegal activities like money laundering (think of it as an example), and I politely inform them in Bengali (not English) that it's against the rules and report it, will the Fiverr community understand the situation?

I've heard that Fiverr manually checks everything. If the authorities check the inbox, how will they judge us? Sometimes translations can be incorrect.

Wouldn't it be better to have the communication in English?

As my seller ID is new, I've noticed that I receive at least 1 or 2 spam messages in my inbox every day. I'm not sure if others experience the same, but being a newbie seems to attract a lot of scammers. So, what are your thoughts on this? 🙂

I am well aware - If a client is good and kind, the communication, work, and payment become smooth no matter what mistake the seller makes but what if the clients are not that compromise-minded? I was wondering if it's written somewhere by the Fiverr authority that I can use another language rather than English. 

Edited by nezuko_writes
  • Like 11

On 3/25/2024 at 9:23 AM, nezuko_writes said:

Is it possible that I have conversations with my clients using a different language rather than English? And of course, my clients prefers the same.

You can, I do it all the time with my Hispanic clients. The only thing I hate is that the App only recognizes English, so you can make spelling mistakes when writing in other languages. The website is easier. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2024 at 5:53 PM, nezuko_writes said:

Hello,

I can share you my own experience regarding using non-English language, recently a client messaged me for a Gig from Germany, he couldn't speak English and I couldn't speak German language, he started speaking our local language which is Dari, just 2 days ago my Gig which was on second place in first page of the search after a Fiverr choice seller went to 6th page with 4 success score from 7.

I see negative impact of communication with my Gig so, I recommend everyone to speak English as it really affects.

Thanks

• Like 12
  • Up 1

On Fiverr, it's important to communicate in English, even if you and your client both prefer a different language. Fiverr's platform primarily operates in English to ensure clear and effective communication between buyers and sellers from around the world.

So, even if you and your client speak the same language, it's best to stick to English when discussing orders and messages on Fiverr.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Your communication on Fiverr should be conducted in English, even if you and your client prefer another language. For buyers and sellers to communicate effectively and clearly, Fiverr's platform operates primarily in English.

Though you and your client may speak the same language, it's best to communicate in English when dealing with Fiverr orders and messages.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1