Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

6 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I did not know that, especially. I just have to wonder if these factors have also changed within the past few months.

Personally, in my category, I've noticed a huge increase in the number of promoted gigs in addition to possible algorithm changes 

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I doubt that, since there are a LOT of meksells that have no skill which are still on the platform.

Still here doesn't mean anything. Anyone is able to join and play house building a gig. But only a select few get to really shine. Some people catch the fancy of the system and are given maximum exposure upfront. 
It's a self fulling prophesy. Because of course that person is going to benefit. That person gets to say any little blurb and appear on top of that blurb. Since the algorithm cannot make aesthetic choices, somebody had to make that choice. The AI cannot really fill that intellectual gap yet either. 

At this point, I come by here out of sheer morbid curiosity. As time marches on month after month, I think of 5r less and less. Even if I never grew past my old standard levels, that's around 500 a month 5r isn't making off me. Not much by itself to a giant company. But multiply that many times over, you get a hole in your revenue. I'm still making money, just elsewhere. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, rudyabel said:

Still here doesn't mean anything. Anyone is able to join and play house building a gig. But only a select few get to really shine. Some people catch the fancy of the system and are given maximum exposure upfront. 
It's a self fulling prophesy. Because of course that person is going to benefit. That person gets to say any little blurb and appear on top of that blurb. Since the algorithm cannot make aesthetic choices, somebody had to make that choice. The AI cannot really fill that intellectual gap yet either. 

At this point, I come by here out of sheer morbid curiosity. As time marches on month after month, I think of 5r less and less. Even if I never grew past my old standard levels, that's around 500 a month 5r isn't making off me. Not much by itself to a giant company. But multiply that many times over, you get a hole in your revenue. I'm still making money, just elsewhere. 

Yeah I pointed this one with the Logo Design gig. There were 3 sellers that had 500+ orders in que each. One of the sellers also took part in a Fiverr Webinar with the staff so I assume he has some type of special treatment or at least there ear.

Each one of those 3 had more orders than the first 5 pages combined.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, rudyabel said:

Some people catch the fancy of the system and are given maximum exposure upfront. 

💯

And its the volume which catches their fancy always!! 

While officially they say that Quality >> Quantity but they would always prioritize a seller who delivered 10 orders in a week (each worth $50) over a seller who did a single $500 order in the same timeframe. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Up 4

Honest feedback: c**p, pathetic, awful, terrible, dreadful, abysmal, poor, inferior, lousy, wretched, miserable, ghastly, atrocious, deplorable, reprehensible, unsatisfactory, substandard, mediocre, shoddy, faulty, unacceptable, infernal, woeful, pitiful, disastrous, unpleasant, disappointing, unfortunate, dismal, rotten, execrable, despicable. 

Want more? I could ask ChatGPT for 50 synonyms.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

💯

And its the volume which catches their fancy always!! 

While officially they say that Quality >> Quantity but they would always prioritize a seller who delivered 10 orders in a week (each worth $50) over a seller who did a single $500 order in the same timeframe. 🙄

I think it's much more arbitrary than that. Obviously, it will differ from one specialty to another. What I've noticed in voice over, is that certain people don't have to do all that much to get traction. Approval of Image, voice print , etc are all someone's opinion. The machine can't track that, even now. Pricing was always relative to levels in VO. Yes, the ultracheap TRS are a volume machine. But that is it's own layer. Pro is on the opposite end of the spectrum, and is it's own layer. It's still a self fulfilling prophesy to take credit for someone just after over stacking someone's stat points. Endless loop. Exposure=Sales=More Expose=More sales 
This is all ancient history. I would have been fine if it was business as usual. What we have NOW is a systemic disruption. 

• Like 3

Fiverr should allow their sellers (who lost their level due to new level system) to use the promoted gig feature for several months to regain their level. Because there are so many new sellers (who were previously level 1 and level 2) are using promoted gig feature to get orders. This also helps Fiverr to generate revenue from the ads cost that seller are spending. Fiverr is getting too much hard now a days. So it would be the best decision if Fiverr would allow this, otherwise so many great sellers will be destroyed.😓

• Like 3

It's kind of sad to me that the clients' satisfaction isn't the highest law anymore. 

I'm an email deliverability consultant and a web developer. Most clients don't know a server from a waitress. I frequently get orders from buyers who think they need one service, but actually need a very different one. 

Instead of making sure they're taken care of by changing the entire scope of the timeline, should I be telling them nah, sorry. My status is more important? 

My company is my full time job. I started a gig on here because the service I offer isn't reasonably accessible to small businesses on the outside and I wanted to change that. Even on here, there aren't many providers who do what I do and I happen to be exceptional at it. So not only am I not getting the benefits I deserve for going above and beyond, but I'm less visible to other businesses who genuinely need that to stay afloat.

I'm never going to stop taking care of clients because of an arbitrary "success" system to save big business some money or whatever excuse Fiverr has for enabling such a murky practice. It would be great if I didn't have to choose though. At a cost of 30% of our revenue, I think we just may deserve that consideration.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

Although I have lost my level due to the new system, Fiverr allowed me to use the promoted gig feature for 2 months. That time has now ended, and as a result, I no longer have access to this feature since Fiverr didn't extend the grace period. For your information, I received many orders and numerous 5-star reviews during this period. However, my success score did not increase. The system seems flawed because, despite receiving several positive feedbacks, there has been no improvement in my success score.

One of my gigs, which was promoted, consistently ranks at the top of its niche.

It is really unfortunate and unfair for a seller like me, who frequently receives orders and has achieved 98% positive reviews, to be removed from the marketplace while lower-priced sellers are promoted. This situation creates difficulties for both me and Fiverr. If I can't use the promoted gig feature, Fiverr will lose revenue, and sellers like me will seek other platforms or media to work with clients.

Fiverr was once a great platform for freelancers, but it is deteriorating. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I'm really curious if the new orders are given more importance when it comes to the success score, I've completed about 65+ order since the implementation of the new system, however my score doesn't seem to move at all, I'm doing my absolute best and even adding more free work for my customers (since client satisfaction is the main issue in my best selling gig who has returning clients who tip and seem happy)

• Like 2
  • Up 1

I keep reading the same the post over and over. 
"I've done X amount of jobs and had X amount of positive public reviews, but nothing is moving the needle."

Which is evidence that the new system doesn't actually work as described. The numbers would be much more dynamic and responsive, up and down. It wouldn't be this get down and stay down kind of situation.  
So basically...

The new system is not ready for prime time and doesn't work any better, if not way worse, than the old algorithm.

If NOTHING moves the needle, then NOTHING is really what you get. A big fat bloated smelly nothing.
Trying to build a system while implementing betas, is like trying to make a car while driving it.  

I give this whole endeavor a D- in execution and function. 
If this is a NEPO thing, fire your nephew already. 

• Like 1
  • Up 2

51 minutes ago, rudyabel said:

Which is evidence that the new system doesn't actually work as described. The numbers would be much more dynamic and responsive, up and down. It wouldn't be this get down and stay down kind of situation.  

Well there's no specific description of how it should work. It seems they want to have a more diverse marketplace review-wise, something that's also empowered by this week's changes. What you mentioned in your post about people complaining.. Unfortunately most if not all those sellers don't realize/know that there are private reviews at play. Those private reviews are very important, more than public reviews. So just because a buyer rated you well publicly, that doens't mean they said the same privately.

In fact, according to my success manager, private reviews tend to be less positive than what we see publicly. I had the same situation myself, I had only 5 star reviews for months and eventually things ironed out, but for multiple months I only had old customers coming in because even if my public reviews were great, private reviews were not as good. 

So if my success manager confirmed private reviews can be a lot different than what we see publicly, I can only assume that's happening a lot of people. And remember that not everyone leaves private reviews, but someone that was upset with an order/unhappy will certainly do. So even if someone had 10 orders, all 10 with public reviews, but only 3 with private reviews, 1 negative and 2 positive, obviously the private score is not that great, right? 

Unfortunately a lot of people complain without knowing that there is a lot of private info we don't see. 

• Like 2
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, rudyabel said:

I keep reading the same the post over and over. 
"I've done X amount of jobs and had X amount of positive public reviews, but nothing is moving the needle."

So basically...

The new system is not ready for prime time and doesn't work any better, if not way worse, than the old algorithm.

If NOTHING moves the needle, then NOTHING is really what you get. A big fat bloated smelly nothing.
Trying to build a system while implementing betas, is like trying to make a car while driving it.  

I give this whole endeavor a D- in execution and function. 
If this is a NEPO thing, fire your nephew already. 

Yeah I've done 28x 5 star orders with repeat clients since the update and I fought to get a "Strong Negative effect" removed from my account and actually got it removed. I started at a 4 and I'm still at a 4. The gig that's a 4 only has like 300 orders on it and the new orders are suppose to hold more weight. I did 10% of the entire gig's orders and had a negative effect removed and it didn't move me up a single point. 

The irony of the word strong in the "Strong Negative Effect" not even moving me a single point isn't lost on me. I feel like there's a ton of bugs and people who either don't care or don't know what they're doing behind the wheel. 

I truly wonder if it's even possible to raise a success score at this point. I'm curious to know what it will take to go from a 4 success score to a 5 so I can pay to have promoted gigs do nothing for me again.

• Like 1
  • Up 3

42 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Well there's no specific description of how it should work. It seems they want to have a more diverse marketplace review-wise, something that's also empowered by this week's changes. What you mentioned in your post about people complaining.. Unfortunately most if not all those sellers don't realize/know that there are private reviews at play. Those private reviews are very important, more than public reviews. So just because a buyer rated you well publicly, that doens't mean they said the same privately.

In fact, according to my success manager, private reviews tend to be less positive than what we see publicly. I had the same situation myself, I had only 5 star reviews for months and eventually things ironed out, but for multiple months I only had old customers coming in because even if my public reviews were great, private reviews were not as good. 

So if my success manager confirmed private reviews can be a lot different than what we see publicly, I can only assume that's happening a lot of people. And remember that not everyone leaves private reviews, but someone that was upset with an order/unhappy will certainly do. So even if someone had 10 orders, all 10 with public reviews, but only 3 with private reviews, 1 negative and 2 positive, obviously the private score is not that great, right? 

Unfortunately a lot of people complain without knowing that there is a lot of private info we don't see. 

Honestly man I think they use the word "Private Reviews" as a crutch to get away with their lack of knowledge or bugs in the system. They'd have you believe all of your woes is because a customer who said they loved your work, tipped you, and gave you a glowing positive review "secretly hates you" and is rating you a 1 star behind closed doors. I don't buy it for a second. 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, dereck_s said:

Honestly man I think they use the word "Private Reviews" as a crutch to get away with their lack of knowledge or bugs in the system. They'd have you believe all of your woes is because a customer who said they loved your work, tipped you, and gave you a glowing positive review "secretly hates you" and is rating you a 1 star behind closed doors. I don't buy it for a second. 

It's more the realm of those that don't review you that give you bad private reviews. The BSR is a tool for revenge. Those that are happy leave a public review and leave. They think it's enough and don't do a private one 24 hours later. They probably bounce past the email and keep going. While the disgruntled will leave you a bad private review. 
But none of this matters. 
Just a quick check of the top people will show you that they run the gamut of reviews and are preferred anyway. 

The system is rigged.

Edited by rudyabel
  • Like 1
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)

Just FYI on the many ratings/no score change conversation, I think I mentioned this a number of pages ago and I don't know if it ever made it into the documentation, but at one point early on in this process after I got a review the system also gave me the message "this rating will be factored into your score in the coming weeks."

I don't think they actually count the public ratings in your gig score until after the "BS timeframe where buyer gets to change their mind" period. So that's at least two weeks, and I think it's 30 days on some of the technical categories. I'm not clear on if it's the automatic period or the period they have to contact support to manually get a review changed (which in the past was 30 days, who knows now), but it appears that it's intentionally not right away.

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, rudyabel said:

I thought it was like they had 15 days to edit their review or until we post ours. 

Right. But there has always been the option to call CS to have a review manually changed (under certain circumstances) for 30 days. I don't know that it's locked to that timeframe, but I doubt whatever the timeframe is Fiverr is not bothering to program "seller has also left a review - buyer review locked - count rating in score." They're just going to say it's 14 days or 30 days to release ratings into scores for all cases. The actual review editing period is possibly irrelevant compared to the potential allowed review editing period across the board, because Fiverr is lazy.

That's an assumption on my part, of course, but that's just speculating as to why the point is the point and is probably not very important. The point is seeing "this rating will be factored into your score in the coming weeks," however briefly they had it publicly, says to me they actually mean weeks.  So it's doubtful you'd see any score change right away on a burst of good ratings.

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 1

Guest bigdaddykoehn

I've gone above and beyond since this new system was put into place. Nothing has changed. I used to be a level two seller and was almost a top rated seller. I'm now a level zero. The only thing I'm doing now is making Fiverr more money by being a slave. I quit. Good luck, yall.

On 2/22/2024 at 8:39 PM, frank_d said:

Hey gang.

Since @Kesha locked the official news thread, I felt like it was valid for us to create a new thread on this section of the forum, so we can gather our questions, concerns and feedback on the new system.

Let's please refrain from actually asking for support for our personal accounts, anyone who needs immediate assistance should open an official ticket with CS instead.

This thread is for sellers, members of this community, to openly ask questions, express opinions and discuss their issues or concerns around the new leveling system.

I will try to keep this thread open but I will also do my best to ensure off-topic replies and requests for support are hidden, so we can keep things clean.

Thank you so much for sharing this valiable information. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, bahar_moradi said:

I found many duplicated gigs in search results. My account fell after this update and I don't get even a single message. I reported this to CS.

Those are not duplicated gigs. It's a single gig. One of them is an Ad for that gig via promoted gigs. That's why you sometimes see the same thing twice, because that person also uses promoted gigs to promote their service via an ad.... 

image.jpeg.2ba754a335ccbdd75148f35bcf07e30a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Those are not duplicated gigs. It's a single gig. One of them is an Ad for that gig via promoted gigs. That's why you sometimes see the same thing twice, because that person also uses promoted gigs to promote their service via an ad.... 

image.jpeg.2ba754a335ccbdd75148f35bcf07e30a.jpeg

Amazon and all the rest do the same thing. Here are the "sponsored" ones and here are the search results sorted by relevance. It always ends up with someone who's near the top anyway also showing in the paid list, which I suppose is not a coincidence and in a way is the whole point. If they took that guy near the top out of the regular search because he was right above it in the paid search, we'd all yell and scream that many people skim right by the paid listings (I know I do).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1