Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

15 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Analytics page also says March 14th. So that should be Thursday.

Sure, 14th, 15th... I don't think it would make a difference. If they are/will be making any changes, then those are already set in stone. I don't know why I was thinking 15th, maybe because I connected it in my mind to mid-March.  

I am very curious if there are any changes being made. I think the customer-support-made cancellation issue needs to be solved, that is a platform-wide issue. But other than that, do you see any other changes being made? I don't think so.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

11 minutes ago, larrydrums said:

I just started a thread about this. image.png.29f3befa5242940287c0c99583527c3c.png

Yes , it happens to all of us lately. The buyers get confused with the new rating system, it's not their fault 

• Like 5
  • Up 3

Just now, Alex.M said:

Yes , it happens to all lately. The buyers get confused with the new rating system, it's not their fault 

I realize that, and this is the third time now for me. Never ever happened before the update. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

22 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

Yes , it happens to all of us lately. The buyers get confused with the new rating system, it's not their fault 

Same for me, I'm curious to know what exactly buyers understand by the "value of delivery" that leads them to give it a lower rating🤨

Edited by farshad19rodar
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, farshad19rodar said:

Same for me, I'm curious to know what exactly buyers understand by the "value of delivery" that leads them to give it a lower rating🤨

the system is made in such way that they don't understand anything 

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, farshad19rodar said:

I'm not sure it's that they don't understand the question so much as they don't understand the impact on the score overall. If they knew marking the value of the delivery as "Very Good" would tank the overall rating down to a 4.7 they might be less inclined to do it.

I mean people always think something should be less money. They're probably not thinking there's anything else to read into that question. You see the same thing with restaurants to refrigerators. Everybody can love the hell out of something and if there's a dollar value associated with the rating, it's rarely 5 anywhere.

Anyway, with Fiverr marking everything up 5.5% to the buyer (plus $2.50 if it's under $75) that value of the delivery isn't a fair question from the start. We see our side, but remember "value" at the $55.25 the buyer has to pay on a $50 gig for me to get $40 is a pretty wide spread. If they understood we were only getting $40, they might have a very different idea of value. But they don't pay $40. They pay a ridiculous $55.25.

Sure, the fees are published everywhere. But buyer's don't read all that. I continue to be surprised by how many buyers think their service fee is Fiverr's only fee. Almost every time someone says something about my rate and I point out that Fiverr gets 20%, they say they had no idea, and then usually something along the lines of "But I paid their fee."

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 8
  • Up 3

I was top rated seller (plus Fiverr Choice) with 5 star reviews for many years now, but with the new rating system all my gig performances have dropped to zero. I haven't received any orders from new clients for many weeks now. Zero.

Occasionally I get some jobs from existing clients, which isn't enough to sustain my presence here on Fiverr.

If this continues and nothing changes, I will have to migrate all my primary selling offerings elsewhere. 

Edited by whildebrand
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, whildebrand said:

but with the new rating system

I see you had a 3 star review recently and that might have come with a bad private review as well, in fact most likely. That certainly plummets sales especially for someone that has a low sales volume. So I don't think that in your case it has to do with the review system, it's more due to that customer most likely leaving a bad review privately. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I see you had a 3 star review recently and that might have come with a bad private review as well, in fact most likely. That certainly plummets sales especially for someone that has a low sales volume. So I don't think that in your case it has to do with the review system, it's more due to that customer most likely leaving a bad review privately. 

And yet it is unfair that one negative private or public review affects the success score more than 10 positive ones. That's another thing we don't know but it feels that way in the impressions of the gig.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

22 minutes ago, leonormiserol said:

And yet it is unfair that one negative private or public review affects the success score more than 10 positive ones.

It might be worse, because some people don't leave a public review, but they might leave a bad private review.

Also a bad private review weighs more because a lot of people don't even leave private reviews in the first place.

• Like 4
  • Up 3

I am sorry to tell you all, but you're taking Fiverr too seriously and this is a big mistake. It's obvious from the last three years with promoted gigs and seller success programs that these guys have no clue what they are doing, always experimenting in a really confusing endless beta testing ustable environment.

Fiverr is only for part-time and you always have to keep in mind that your freelancing career here is very possible to end in a blink of an eye, with no reason and most importantly no logic. The only reason to be full time here is to be earning a ton of money that one or two years can keep you well even if you stay unemployed for many years in the future. But for 2 or 3 or 5k a month better get a real job.

"Value for money", "go ahead and beyond", "exceed expectations" etc. I DONT DO THOSE THINGS. I offer a specific service for a specific price. Whoever wants it pays for it, whoever doesn't can just pass. I don't offer more for the same amount of money, neither less. If I offer more I am stealing myself, if I offer less I am stealing clients. That's professionalism. And if Fiverr wants real professionals, they should stop demanding those things. There isn't value for money or exceeding expectations amongst true professionals.

I am top-rated and pro and guess what: With the new system I have success rate 10.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

53 minutes ago, prodigy80 said:

I am sorry to tell you all, but you're taking Fiverr too seriously and this is a big mistake. It's obvious from the last three years with promoted gigs and seller success programs that these guys have no clue what they are doing, always experimenting in a really confusing endless beta testing ustable environment.

Fiverr is only for part-time and you always have to keep in mind that your freelancing career here is very possible to end in a blink of an eye, with no reason and most importantly no logic. The only reason to be full time here is to be earning a ton of money that one or two years can keep you well even if you stay unemployed for many years in the future. But for 2 or 3 or 5k a month better get a real job.

"Value for money", "go ahead and beyond", "exceed expectations" etc. I DONT DO THOSE THINGS. I offer a specific service for a specific price. Whoever wants it pays for it, whoever doesn't can just pass. I don't offer more for the same amount of money, neither less. If I offer more I am stealing myself, if I offer less I am stealing clients. That's professionalism. And if Fiverr wants real professionals, they should stop demanding those things. There isn't value for money or exceeding expectations amongst true professionals.

I am top-rated and pro and guess what: With the new system I have success rate 10.

Not everyone had the same experiences of yours, I worked my *ss off for fiverr, obvs it's not my only source of income but I have 250 5 stars review a conversation rate higher than 95% of my competitors and I'm level 0...do you understand this is crazy? And btw I would flex too much about being a pro, there are tons of pro sellers who lied on their experience 🙂

Edited by fixxapp
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, fixxapp said:

Nobody had the same experience has you, I worked my *ss off for fiverr, obvs it's not my only source of income but I have 250 5 stars review a conversation rate higher than 95% of my competitors and I'm level 0...do you understand this is crazy? And btw I would flex too much about being a pro, there are tons of pro sellers who lied on their experience 🙂

You're missing the point here...and I don't "flex", just describing facts to prove a point.

• Like 5

Just now, prodigy80 said:

You're missing the point here...and I don't "flex", just describing facts to prove a point.

which point? so according to you I have 250 5 stars review, I have an high conversation rate a lot of tips etc...and now I'm level 0?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, prodigy80 said:

Well, for perspective and to be fair, if you're a Pro with a SS of 10, you weren't hurt by any of this. Of course it's easy to not take it too seriously when your income didn't just go down 20% or more and you didn't lose your level and get knocked down to Level 1 or Level 0 so you barely show up in search results.

People aren't complaining about pretty stars. They're complaining because a lot of hard work rising to that level of visibility on the platform got wiped out, and therefor so has the associated income.

I agree with your overall points about Fiverr, just not that people who just got gutted are taking it too seriously.

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, dereck_s said:

Do you have a lot of cancellations? There's a bug causing them to have an impact on your account even if they're not suppose to.

mm not so much like 10 over 300 orders

• Like 5

Just to add my two cents here- I don't care if Fiverr wants to create a new system but what I do care about is when the numbers don't coincide with what's really going on. I'm a top seller, and last month I dropped below the 90% response rate in my inbox because my wife was in the hospital and I got a little distracted. My fault- I should've turned on my away message. No excuses there. BUT I've since made sure that I have responded to every single message I've received since it dropped to 85%. Why is it that one day I log in and my response rate is up to 88% and the next day I log in and its back down to 84%, but literally NOTHING has changed? No one new has messaged me, and I certainly haven't missed any messages. Conversely, why is the response rate on my mobile app different than on the computer? Also, why do I go between a 9 and 10 satisfaction score with NO activity in between these numbers arbitrarily changing? It's like a Fiverr rep is looking at my profile and saying "Hmm....I think he was a 9 yesterday, but I like him today so today he's a 10."

If Fiverr is going to make changes to their system and metrics, then the tech needs to work before they roll it out. We don't all need to wait with bated breath to see on the 15th whether or not we get to maintain our Top Seller status. The whole thing seems to be smoke and mirrors. If you're going to create a system based on more than just star-based reviews, the seller should be privy to those analytics. They shouldn't be shrouded in mystery and they also shouldn't be hidden behind a paywall.  

Edited by cditurisound
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

6 hours ago, prodigy80 said:

but not on your account it seems 🙂 unless you have multiple accounts perhaps

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Up 2

6 hours ago, prodigy80 said:

get a real job.

11 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

Maybe he just has the account for fun, since he doesn't consider it a real job. We will continue to "play" with our "clients"

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

LOL! See, that's what a trusting oaf I am. Funny because I actually thought of looking this time. Not a single review!

• Like 8

I question the legality of Fiverr doing this.

For example, any public rating through any other service does not have "anonymous" or private reviews that the retailer or individual is unable to view/react to.

Look at your credit score.  Imagine if they said you have creditors that reported negative things, but they are not going to tell you who or what those things are.   That is basically what Fiverr is doing at this point.   It is impossible for a seller to improve on service if they don't know the details.   This drastically affects our employment/sales, just as a credit score would should you apply for a job and they check that.

If its a public score, then the reviews should be public as well (or at least viewable by the seller).   Will see what happens when this rolls out on the 15th.  But I smell a class action lawsuit coming because you can't have a public rating without providing the full details of that rating to the individual.

While Fiverr services worldwide, they would fall under specific laws for anyone in the USA using their service as a buyer, or seller.   The FTC would handle such a case I believe.

Edited by ebturner
  • Like 6

In other news, briefly stumbled across Fiverr's new homepage. I took screenshot but site reverted back to old one when I accidentally closed the window. 

PS This page also has a explainer video which highlights multiple seller profiles with 4.7/4.8/4.9 kinda ratings and order ratings which are less than 5!! 

image.png.9855bf9361ee200971f0159852e44727.png

• Like 9
  • Up 4