Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

42 minutes ago, newsmike said:
44 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

That says more about you than about me, I didn't refer to any of that.

Regardless of where they're from, and any other factors, someone who says they can do X and can't, and says they can speak X and can't, is a negative for the platform. If there are millions of such people, it's indeed like a cockroach infestation.

Why did @vhskid assume that cockroaches meant people from developing countries?  Kinda racist. 

The developing countries part was one of the examples of why someone might not have many opportunities. Pulling it out of context like that is manipulation.

Regardless of scenarios for someone's life situation, opportunities and / or reasons for their motivations naming anyone cockroach is for me going too far.

Edited by vhskid
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

I appreciate that. My prices were $75 to $150 per gig until the beginning of this month. My sales were awful last month for the first time ever. I usually spend $40 in promotions and make over $3k from them alone and last month I spent $180 in promotions and made $190. I cut my rates in hopes of revitalizing my gigs. I even reverted my best-selling Pro gig to a standard gig because it wasn't even getting impressions anymore. 

Fiverr accounts for 1/3 of my total income in Voiceover as I make most of my $$$$$ directly, but that 1/3 is a lot and I need to make up for it before I can say goodbye to Fiverr.

I can relate I used to be at first page, was earning good because I am the best in my category got shadowbanned 6 months ago still stuck at back. Spent $150 on promotions this month, and made nothing.

From next month I won't be able to promote as well because success score is way too low.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Just now, vhskid said:

The developing countries part is one of the examples of why someone might not have many opportunities when growing up.

Regardless of scenarios for their life situation, opportunities and / or reasons for their motivations naming anyone cockroach is for me going too far.

Take this BS cockroach drama to a new thread! This is not what we're talking about here. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Up 7

25 minutes ago, leonormiserol said:

This group of people who have a gig doing whatever and really aren't professionals at anything. They were in charge of lowering the reputation of the platform.

I would like them to implement a verification system.
There are people who have 200 orders in queue, with 1 or 2 days of delivery as a deadline, this is humanly impossible. They are hiring people to do their work and that can be a scam, since if your account is personal, you are responsible for each job. Don't misinterpret me as wanting to ruin someone else's work, it's just that they talk about transparency and there are a lot of shady things everywhere.

Those people were probably small studios that had 1 account back when the platform didn't have this feature. They will hire people for low wages, usually students and anyone who needs quick cash

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, vibronx said:

In my own little niche, I would basically say that all except maybe two or three other sellers are outright scammers. A quick way to solve this (and my big wish!) would be to simply reintroduce the old Danish skill test. If you couldn't get 10/10 on that, you don't have any business translating into Danish.

It's the same for almost all European languages!
When Fiverr implemented language tests, I took all the tests for French because I thought Fiverr would promote those who had the best scores. Nothing happened that way and we still see those who claim to speak fluently in 10 languages.
Unfortunately, there are still clients naive enough to believe them!
The worst part is, Fiverr allows clients to be scammed...

• Like 7
  • Up 5

OTOH, cockroaches (the actual things) are incredibly resilient. I understand that a nuclear blast would just be another day at the beach for them and they can survive without their heads. 

They could be a remarkable ally in the fight against the Fiverr review system. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, rajamani255 said:
33 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

Take this BS cockroach drama to a new thread! This is not what we're talking about here. 

Fr, let's keep the replies in line with the topic.

I second that (being on the topic) especially since there are many too loosely topic-related replies or random ones

• Like 8

Either 

A) it is Saturday, the one day of the week where it is the weekend in Israel and the West and staff will return to their usual sky-high levels of transparent engagement tomorrow, or

B) They're in crisis mode and not talking to the sellers in case someone says the wrong thing and sparks of a fresh new batch of outrage

• Like 8

Well, last time I got in trouble with Fiverr and kinda got flagged was in ~2014 when I had a gig that did Amazon reviews. Fiverr told me it wasn't allowed and took it down, so I said OK and probably made another gig.

A year-ish later, Amazon sued a whole bunch of Fiverr sellers for the same types of gigs didn't let me sell.

I hope my story helps you. 

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 6

Just now, emmaki said:

Either 

A) it is Saturday, the one day of the week where it is the weekend in Israel and the West and staff will return to their usual sky-high levels of transparent engagement tomorrow, or

B) They're in crisis mode and not talking to the sellers in case someone says the wrong thing and sparks of a fresh new batch of outrage

Tbh either one sounds as plausible, and my disillusionment makes me lean on B. This may be the last post I make today (for some reason seems like I’m limited to 10 posts per day, maybe because I’m new to the forum), so please you all keep voicing your disagreement. We can’t let them think we will just forget about it as we get tired/bored of complaining

• Like 6