New Seller level system is terrible

Hello!

I have the same! This's terrible and unfair system.... I'm shocked, really.... Repeated score 94, rating 5 in 903 reviews, 1hour response rate etc.

Nice — I'm Level one. No comments!😶image.png.1ce14378b55c57eb48fc08c8822117b6.png

image.png.9832559f836f5951e6823501893ad7d4.png

Edited by fittranslate
  • Like 20
  • Sad 7

13 minutes ago, edigitalmarket said:

the 1st chapter success rate ? it makes absolutely zero sense

gig 1 : 2000 orders, 5* rating, 50% returning customers = success rate 4 ; gig 2 : 3 orders, 5* star rating, 0% returning customers = success rate 8

I'm seeing similar. My 3 highest performing gigs are rated 8, this includes my best seller - my lowest performing gigs all have a 10 and several of those haven't had a sale in over a month. None of this makes sense. I just deleted 3 new gigs as those had a score of 0 which I imagine is pulling down my overall and also tells me that experimenting with new niche gigs within my field is a bad idea with the new system. 

They make these changes and there is nothing explaining how this works. Why would they have a webinar 2 weeks after making the changes rather than before?

• Like 21
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

I was finally ready to go Top Seller on this 15th february with the old system...

Now I have a Success Score at 8 with this on my main Gig : "Client Satisfaction : Strong Negative Impact" with 4,9 rating & always good feeback in PM & reviews.

So I'm now blocked from the Top Seller, because all my gigs has a 8 for Success Score.

• Like 16
  • Sad 4

I am already top rated and now my success score is 8. It is unfair if they downgrade the level tomorrow, especially after informing one day before the evaluation. It is stressful. I don't know what to do to make this score 9. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

I have been eligible for TRS over a year.  My 2 highest performing gigs are ranked the the lowest, it makes no sense to me.  The information says it makes it more transparent but It really does not give specific information on how to improve or what could be the problem.  I have a "strong negative impact" for order cancellations.  52 out of 879..... thats not many at all.   And those cancellations were the result of buyers ordering incorrectly and not wishing to pay. Additionally, I have a low score for effective communication, but my reviews say the opposite... so what is the issue and how does someone actually improve?  This is really frustrating.  It feels more like a report card than the ability to run your own business. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, faiz07 said:

I am already top rated and now my success score is 8. It is unfair if they downgrade the level tomorrow, especially after informing one day before the evaluation. It is stressful. I don't know what to do to make this score 9. 

image.png.4a327e2a791d4d88aed1116bb405d8e5.png

Yeah, this is my Best Seller with over 700 5 star reviews and it got an 8 for "room for growth". This is ruining my day

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, clemrichard said:

It's crazy haha

Yeah I have the same issue.  No transparency on what to really fix..... 

My IVR is all positive reviews and I havnt had a cancellation in over 90 days and over 879 orders and only 52 cancels, so that warrants a strong negative impact.... 

and Effective communication: how is that defined?

Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 10.05.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 10.05.33 AM.png

• Like 11
  • Up 2

It's so stressful honestly. I love working on this site, I've been here for over 10 years and I've been a TRS for most of those years. I maintain an awesome relationship with 99.9% of my clients and I have high reviews, it's honestly really all that should matter. If the client is happy, gives tips gives a 5 star review.... it's really all that should matter in the end, everyone is happy.

These metrics just add stress and now they seem even less straightforward then what we had before, so this adds even more stress. sigh :( 

• Like 13
  • Up 5

I have the same experience. I've been demoted to Level 1 from Level 2. My response rate is 100%, my overall rating is 4.9 (only have three sub-5-star reviews), and I have almost no cancellations or "conflicts" with clients. Absolutely no idea how my gig has a Success Score of just 6. 

This is very unfair of Fiverr to implement this ridiculous system where high-quality sellers are being categorized as Level 1 or being demoted etc.

Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 9.51.22.png

• Like 12
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, talogmd said:

I have the same experience. I've been demoted to Level 1 from Level 2. My response rate is 100%, my overall rating is 4.9 (only have three sub-5-star reviews), and I have almost no cancellations or "conflicts" with clients. Absolutely no idea how my gig has a Success Score of just 6. 

This is very unfair of Fiverr to implement this ridiculous system where high-quality sellers are being categorized as Level 1 or being demoted etc.

Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 9.51.22.png

Yes, if they are going to implement a new system, it would be fair to start everyone from 100 or 10.

I realize these numbers are based on our old metrics, but those old metrics I had were all in the green, now I'm at risk of losing my TRS.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

I don't remember to have any cancellations on my gig other than 1 or 2 that the clients canceled before submitting any info with the mention "ordered by mistake". But on the Order cancellations it's stated "negative impact". How is that something I can control?

I presume the new rating is based on the things people pick after leaving a review, for example "Politeness • Deep understanding • Delivery time" BUT if 10 peopel who are happy don't select anything and one client who is unhappy selects multiple bad options, will then the gig have an overall negative impact?

Usually I'm against Fiverr adding new things because I think there are other aspects that should be addressed but I think this thing might be good IF it's calibrated to be accurate and now I don't think it is.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

I don't understand why you are annoyed, the new system clearly gives you guidance on why your scores aren't good. If you have lots of five star reviews but "Client satisfaction" is low - it's your private reviews, customers are clearly signalling to Fiverr that they aren't happy with your work. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, andywarburton said:

I don't understand why you are annoyed, the new system clearly gives you guidance on why your scores aren't good. If you have lots of five star reviews but "Client satisfaction" is low - it's your private reviews, customers are clearly signalling to Fiverr that they aren't happy with your work. 

If it's so clear to you, then by all means, scroll through these threads and explain it to everyone. Tell them what part of their work the clients aren't happy about when they have nothing but 5-star reviews. Tell them what "room for growth" means for their 5-star 1000 review gig that got scored an 8 means.

You seem to be the only one who knows something the rest of us don't.

I look forward to the enlightenment

• Like 16
  • Up 8

Hi everyone I am sure that behind this change Fiverr is looking to improve the overall platform for both Sellers and Buyers at the same time.

I am a level two seller and buyer since 2016 and the only concern and focus that I believe would work is if they assign a Fiverr plus premium to us so we can go through this change (when I tried upgrading my Fiverr plus to premium, I couldn't find the options which I thought since they made this change it will be available to make it easier).

Today I have a team working with me with salaries responding to the high demand and if this happens and I lose my leveling system with a high revenue and 5* reviews response rate of 100% and all at the top I WILL BE LOSING MY BUSINESS having to Fire my team.

So I submitted a support ticket to see if Fiverr will stand with my business at this needed time and show me the way. 

Will keep updating.

Until today I enjoyed woking on the platform and building a stronger team and business throughout the years.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

14 hours ago, voicedbyken said:

If it's so clear to you, then by all means, scroll through these threads and explain it to everyone. Tell them what part of their work the clients aren't happy about when they have nothing but 5-star reviews. Tell them what "room for growth" means for their 5-star 1000 review gig that got scored an 8 means.

You seem to be the only one who knows something the rest of us don't.

I look forward to the enlightenment

13 hours ago, myslim47 said:

How does this make any sense?
Specifying here that those 5 bad reviews that I got, have taken place 1-2 years ago.

Most people talk about public reviews, but Fiverr also takes private reviews. If a client leaves you a 5-star review, that means they are happy with your service or they don't want to offend/disrespect you.

However, in private, they can leave their review without being afraid of being judged by you.

I worked with many clients who came to me after being disappointed by top-rated sellers. When I checked their profiles, they had only given people 5 stars.

• Like 8
  • Up 3

4 hours ago, eclixo said:

Most people talk about public reviews, but Fiverr also takes private reviews. If a client leaves you a 5-star review, that means they are happy with your service or they don't want to offend/disrespect you.

However, in private, they can leave their review without being afraid of being judged by you.

I worked with many clients who came to me after being disappointed by top-rated sellers. When I checked their profiles, they had only given people 5 stars.

@andywarburton@voicedbyken I understand that there are private reviews as well as public, but the issue is transparency.  So, if my reviews are potentially telling a different story publicly then Fiverr needs to disclose private reviews to us or get rid of them all together as this is misleading.  How can I truly improve If I don't know what the real issue is?  I am currently following all the effective communication tips in their guidelines and "room for growth" is beyond vague.  How is that calculated and how does one of my best selling gigs have "room for growth"  That's where my problem lies and what I believe ken and others may also be feeling.  I have no issue with getting feedback.  But if you are going provide me with data and then not provide me with concrete evidence as to where this is derived from and how I can honestly improve it..... thats when I get annoyed. 

• Like 11
  • Up 1

On 2/14/2024 at 11:04 AM, e_benincasa said:

Effective communication: how is that defined?

Im having the same issue. Several of my gigs are showing "strong negative impact" for communication, but I dont understand. I havent had any clients say that their work wasnt what they wanted, I respond almost immediately to any messages, Im polite and clear. I just dont understand. and now I will be dropped to level 1 after being level 2 for a couple years!

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

I have 180 reviews on Fiverr and up until the rule changes I had never gotten less than 5 stars. Now in just 48 hours I've already gotten two 4 star ratings, in part due to the new "value" metric. I was eligible to be a TRS and have been for 3 months. I was a Level 2 Seller for almost 1 year, and now suddenly I'm a Level 1 Seller again. The sudden 4 star ratings are really discouraging. One of the two 4 star buyers loved my work and made a new order the same day. Now I'm worried about getting another 4 star rating because someone who seemingly is totally happy with the first order ended up giving a review that wasn't reflective of that. I also have no idea how to improve on communication. I am polite, I over communicate to buyers, and I remind buyers almost constantly to please contact me any time with any questions. I also embrace any/all revision requests and have many times done twice the amount of work to assure buyers are satisfied. Buyers also don't understand the time and effort needed to give them what they want, so I struggle to understand how they can determine if the final product is worth the price. I wish I could ask buyers how I could improve, but I worry that Fiverr will determine that I may be pressuring buyers to give better ratings. This is all very disappointing. I feel I've done everything right for almost 2 years and this has absolutely blindsided me. 

• Like 9
  • Up 2