New scam attempt (sophisticated)

visualstudios

Just go this. Won't even bother blacking out user info, as this is clearly a targeted scam to steal money from people. Be careful, they go to the extent of making a fake fiverr website to trick new users into thinking an order was paid for an putting in their credit card information to "receive the payment".

• Like 14
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 7

I can see people that are in a rush entering the website and thinking they are on Fiverr. Obviously, if you're careful, you immediately see the link is strange, but still, it's great that you showed this to people, so they can educate themselves on how to avoid these scams.

Sure, Fiverr staff will delete that account, but they will just create another one.. It's imperative for users to know how to avoid this, so hopefully there will be a webinar soon on how to avoid scams. Because honestly... there should be one 🙂

• Like 13

Surely Fiverr could add code to detect a URL being placed in a message or post that contains "fiverr." (or something similar) but that goes to a website that isn't Fiverr and automatically flag the message to help prevent future links of that type being sent to users.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9

I'm not sure how it looks like as I don't use it but could the scammers be basing this off the request to order feature? Obviously that wouldn't take you to a fake site (duh) but still...

Clearly, they are getting smarter and that's honestly scary. I can definitely see a sleep-deprived seller automatically enter stuff because they are in a rush...

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

The target is clearly first time sellers, due to the way this is constructed. No idea why then sent me this, as we obviously would never fall for that. But for someone with no sales, that doesn't know how the platform works... I can see this working.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

At least there's  always the tell of Borat grammar.  "The page of familiarization with the placed order."  LOL

image.png.b941274edaf858d88c24e164f647aa94.png

And yet, Fiverr still sounds like this on half the stuff they send out or create. Hard to differentiate the two sometimes.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Up 2

I just made myself a seller profile on Fiverr, I sell mixing and mastering services.

Got this in less than a day.

I wasn't sure if this was legit but having seen scams elsewhere, I knew something was up. Thankfully I saw this post to confirm my suspicions!

• Like 6
  • Up 3