2 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

It seems like it will be weighted average of all the orders but recency will have more relevance like always. 

I saw that and I am not a fan.

For example, I have a 1 star review that was left by accident. The client clearly wanted to leave a positive review, he just rushed. And now that will have a negative impact on my score, even if it's over 1 year old.  So as I said, not a fan. 

However, I will create a topic where people share their scores, so we can be amazed at how wildly different our scores are. Because if they take into account reviews from years ago... I know for a fact these scores will vary a ton.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

34 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

For example, I have a 1 star review that was left by accident. The client clearly wanted to leave a positive review, he just rushed. And now that will have a negative impact on my score, even if it's over 1 year old.  So as I said, not a fan. 

I have same situation today. 1 star by accident. 

Yesterday I've got bunch of 4 star reviews from my regular clients. I aked what was wrong with my service  and they all replied that everything was perfect and they thought that they left top review

• Like 12
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, pussyacat said:

Yesterday I've got bunch of 4 star reviews from my regular clients. I aked what was wrong with my service  and they all replied that everything was perfect and they thought that they left top review

Yeah, this new review system highlights an old problem I've been dealing with. A lot of buyers just leave reviews randomly. I left that 1 star review alone because if I contact support for removing it, I know they will say I am trying to manipulate feedback, so I just left it there, knowing it will not impact me anymore. But now it will have continuous impact on my score even if it was just an accident? That's quite unfair, isn't it?

• Like 13
  • Up 2

32 minutes ago, pussyacat said:

I have same situation today. 1 star by accident. 

I saw your review, not sure if it's accidental or not, but clearly the buyer didn't take time to review properly. It's just a bunch of gibberish....

• Like 13
  • Up 2

11 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

It seems like it will be weighted average of all the orders but recency will have more relevance like always. 

I assume there's probably some limit to the number of orders it takes into account (eg. for the past x days).

eg. some sellers have delivered over 50,000 orders and maybe been here 9 or 10 years. It might not take all of those into account (for efficiency). Or maybe they could if they checked/held the last 60 or 90 days worth for the gradual weights (that gradually increased in weight with the more recent orders) and then had totals for all the orders before that in the same low weight.

Ideally staff could say if it's all orders or just a certain number of days worth of orders. Since it was said that it wouldn't fluctuate too often maybe that means that it will be a high number of days and/or that it just won't be very precise (high decimal place) so maybe just 0 or 1 decimal place for the shown success score?

• Like 12
  • Up 1

Does Fiverr survey the opinions of freelancers or buyers before bringing any updates or are the updates brought only based on the opinions of Fiverr's own team?
I think seller career related updates (eg review system) should survey seller opinion before bringing such updates.

• Like 14
  • Up 2

7 minutes ago, shuvo_va said:

Does Fiverr survey the opinions of freelancers or buyers before bringing any updates or are the updates brought only based on the opinions of Fiverr's own team?

I think the focus is on stock holders, the board.. some ideas are presented to them and they are the ones choosing what to implement and what not to implement. Honestly, when you add a review system, you can listen to sellers, but their opinions will be heavily biased. Would sellers agree/encourage the site to add a review system meant to lower review scores? Obviously not. It was clear Fiverr is heading in this direction since they added those reviews for canceled orders. I assume that didn't lower review scores that much if at all. I check sellers on the site often and few sellers actually have reviews for canceled orders. So there are fewer cancellations, but also that system didn't work. 

10 minutes ago, shuvo_va said:

I think seller career related updates

Wait until the leveling system in 2 weeks, where even bad reviews from 10 years ago will have an impact. It's the entire account history. 

• Like 12
  • Up 3

I think the updates you have mentioned, as you have described that will help to a new seller to grow faster than before, and I believe it would be a smooth way to be a top-rated or pro seller in fiverr. Thanks @Kesha for the new updates. I hope the journey will be awesome : )

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

12 minutes ago, jabirahamed20 said:

and I believe it would be a smooth way to be a top-rated or pro seller in fiverr

I am not sure what updates you see that make it easier to become a top rated seller.

The new review system will drag your review score down, and becoming a top rated seller, not to mention staying one is going to be very very difficult.

And we don't even know how complex and challenging the new leveling system is.. from what I saw it's not going to be very easy to retain your level, let alone become a TRS. Pro sellers.. they don't even accept pro sellers for the time being. 

• Like 12
  • Up 2

14 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

The new review system will drag your review score down, and becoming a top rated seller, not to mention staying one is going to be very very difficult.

Yes but the journey will be awesome , he'll enjoy every part of it 

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Alex.M said:

Yes but the journey will be awesome , he'll enjoy every part of it 

Alex, I highly doubt he will enjoy everything. I for one... I am quite interested to see what success scores we will all have. The fact that they will take EVERY review into account, even those left by mistakes or reviews from canceled orders.. that sounds very bad for people that were active on the platform for years, maybe more than a decade. But we will see. I am certainly thinking about stopping some gigs and rethinking what I want to offer, because I have some dormant gigs that.. I am sure.. will have more of a negative impact on the success score.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I am quite interested to see what success scores we will all have.

probably the average response time and completed orders ( the ones that were removed will be there ) amongst others. I am not concerned about that at all.. the problem is that the value for money part will drastically decrease overall ratings and not because the buyer thinks that the overall value was low compared to the price, it's mostly the way the question is formulated ( If I understood it right )  In plus I can only imagine someone selling something for 5$ getting 1 star for value for money :)) how funny would that be? 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Alex.M said:

how funny would that be? 

Considering that a lot of buyers leave reviews randomly, I can see that. I had an order where the customer was happy, but he left me a single star for everything. 

We'll see what scores each person will have, it's quite interesting. 

• Like 14

On 2/3/2024 at 1:55 PM, donnovan86 said:

Wait until the leveling system in 2 weeks, where even bad reviews from 10 years ago will have an impact. It's the entire account history. 

If my single one-star review from 9 years ago affects me now, I'll be quite irate.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, melanielm said:

If my single one-star review from 9 years ago affects me now, I'll be quite irate.

I can't find where it was said, but yeah, it was said that all reviews are taken into account, so one can assume even 10 year old orders will have some impact. Granted, to a much lesser extent. 

• Like 10

On 1/31/2024 at 10:56 AM, kokoha said:

@Kesha I'd like to inquire about a feature that, despite not being discussed in the latest posts, has been quite beneficial since its implementation in 2018. This feature ensures that the lowest-rated order in a 60-day period is excluded from a seller's evaluation. With the introduction of the new rating and level system, will this feature continue to be in place, or will it be removed, potentially increasing stress on sellers?

Does anyone know where can I find the initial thread about this here on the forum? I am also trying to find out if this is going to remain as it is or if this is going to be changed...

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

Does anyone know where can I find the initial thread about this here on the forum?

This one from 2018?

So, beginning with the September evaluation, the rating threshold will be lowered from a 4.8 to 4.7 average in the last 60 days, and the lowest rated order during the period will be removed from the evaluation of the seller.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

yes thank you so much, I am discussing with my success manager about it to get a clear answer if possible 

Most likely you won't. And obviously if they are taking into account every review with the new success score, even those from years ago, you can only imagine this rule is not valid anymore. But do ask the SM and let us know, please. 

• Like 10
  • Up 1

11 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

maybe they'll decide to keep it 😏 . 

I don't think that review thing is still active or available, because whenever I had a bad review it did affect my stats. Considering they are lowering review scores left and right, not to mention we will have a review score taking into account orders from years ago.. I highly doubt they will keep that, if it's still something valid.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I don't think that review thing is still active or available, because whenever I had a bad review it did affect my stats.

Yes, it was a temporary thing that was eliminated and deleted from everywhere as if it never existed. 

I remember that time when one late or 1-star order was ignored by the system, but I am sure that it was disabled long ago. 

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

On 2/3/2024 at 1:55 PM, donnovan86 said:

Crazy if that's the route they're taking with this. Going to mention to my SM, as you said I'm sure I shouldn't expect exact answers but if we all bring this up, it could warrant some more clarifications on this.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I can't remember what topic it was posted on but I will search and hopefully I find it.

I don't think it was said by staff that it would be all time or whether it was a particular number of days. It was asked if it would be 60 or 90 days and then this was the reply:

So we don't definitely know what date range it takes into account (or if it's all of them since a seller joined). Hopefully staff can clarify.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 12