Fiverr Support: A Disheartening Journey – Unveiling the Challenges and Seeking Community Solutions

Dear Fiverr Community,

I want to share my deeply disheartening experience with Fiverr's customer support. Despite encountering a critical issue and seeking assistance, the responses received have left me consistently disappointed.

It's been a challenging five days since I escalated my concerns to a manager, only to be met with the same unsatisfactory advice – contact the seller. This continuous loop not only intensifies my frustration but also underscores a lack of proactive steps to address my urgent and unique situation.

While I acknowledge the completion of the order in 2022, my primary concern is the immediate usability of the purchased ITIN for tax purposes. Immediate functionality is a fundamental expectation, particularly when dealing with such crucial documentation. The unresponsiveness of the seller, coupled with the platform's failure to provide a more concrete resolution, deepens my dissatisfaction.

This experience has severely eroded my trust in Fiverr and its seller verification process. The handling of this matter reflects poorly on the platform's commitment to customer satisfaction and issue resolution.

Regrettably, due to this ordeal, I am now forced to incur an additional expense of over $300 to obtain a new ITIN – an expense that could have been avoided had the initial service been reliable. This outcome is not only unacceptable but also disheartening, revealing significant shortcomings on a platform that claims to prioritize customer experience.

In light of this unresolved issue, I feel compelled to share my experience through a review. It's essential for other users to be aware of the challenges they might face when seeking assistance on Fiverr.

I hope that this collective feedback prompts a thorough review of Fiverr's customer support and issue resolution processes, leading to a substantial improvement in the overall user experience.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, malimur said:

While I acknowledge the completion of the order in 2022, my primary concern is the immediate usability of the purchased ITIN for tax purposes. Immediate functionality is a fundamental expectation, particularly when dealing with such crucial documentation.

So, you got your ITIN in 2022, but haven't used it? Here's what the IRS page says:

"Expired ITINs: If your ITIN wasn't included on a U.S. federal tax return at least once for tax years 2020, 2021, and 2022, your ITIN will expire on December 31, 2023. ITINs with middle digits (the fourth and fifth positions) "70," "71," "72," "73," "74," "75," "76," "77," "78," "79," "80," "81," "82," "83," "84," "85," "86," "87," or "88" have expired. In addition, ITINs with middle digits "90," "91," "92," "94," "95," "96," "97," "98," or "99," IF assigned before 2013, have expired."

Could it be that your ITIN has expired because you haven't used it? If yes, it's not the seller's fault.

Here's the whole page where I found this information:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/individual-taxpayer-identification-number

• Like 5
  • Up 2