Fiverr PRO 2.0

newsmike

On 7/5/2023 at 10:15 PM, frank_d said:

So wait, are they accepting more Pro sellers? 

But the benefits remain the same?

They are accepting more sellers yes. I saw a seller selling entire marketing strategy for 20$ getting the Pro vetted badge in one of my categories. The prices will go further down as more "professionals" are getting in. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2023 at 2:13 PM, nickkold said:

I guess my point is, if they want to recruit people working in the field professionally - chances of getting them to use the site - are going to be much higher if they vet based on industry experience as well.

The same. I discovered Fiverr by chance and started immediately as a PRO. If one day the the badge disappear I will not be here as I have not intention to be regular seller.

There are many people like me that started to work on this platform just because they go PRO verified and I think we are the one that despite not having 50000 reviews are making the revenue for Fiverr. The real revenue represented by building relationships with high paying client having the budget to invest in multiple projects and stay on the platform as a client for long terms. Most of my clients will never look at a non PRO gig because for them working with a non-PRO is taking a risk. Their business are making millions so why would they take the risk to save extra bucks?

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tatjanamitevska said:

Wow.. this is mean and absurd. 

You know what PRO means:

- real clients outside of the platforms (not people spending 5$)

- professionals who have worked in some of the best companies in the world and have real - life experience outside Fiverr.

Being a Fiverr freelancer doesn't make you a PRO, if you want to try, take your 50000 reviews from Fiverr and take a job in a marketing agencies as a product copywriter and see if working with Fiverr clients is the same are working with some of the top brands spending millions and running operations at scale. 

I was a director at a Fortune 500 company and I've made $1.4 million here on the platform. Maybe you should rethink your perspective. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tatjanamitevska said:

They are accepting more sellers yes. I saw a seller selling entire marketing strategy for 20$ getting the Pro vetted badge in one of my categories. The prices will go further down as more "professionals" are getting in. 

There are currently NO gigs priced under $100 with a PRO badge on the front of them. The sellers themselves may have PRO status- which means they can have both an under $100 gig with no badge and an above $100 PRO gig with the badge showing.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bethanyvo said:

The FAQ in this link has great info in it

But it's not totally accurate if there are multiple $70 gigs (at least in some categories) labelled "Pro". It was probably $100 min at the start of it but they've allowed them to go down to $70 now. I attached a screenshot proving that there's a $70 Pro gig on Fiverr so that $100 min must be inaccurate currently.

Also one thing I've just noticed that they might be doing to promote Pro/TRS gigs more is, on the "seller details" filter in search results you can now filter by "TRS" and/or "Pro" but not any of the other levels (level 1-2) it seems. You used used to be able to filter by the other levels.

edit: Here's a screenshot for anyone who's not seen it

seller-tier-filter-r.jpg.39b754f174403631398266ab37bf23f6.jpg

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I attached a screenshot proving that there's a $70 Pro gig on Fiverr so that $100 min must be inaccurate currently.

I went to the search your screen shot indicated- (writing and translation/book editing) and did not find any gigs with a PRO badge on the front of the picture listed under $100. Regardless- it will be interesting to see how this all plays out 😊

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Here's another example, just go to Writing & Translation->Website Content and select "Pro Talent" (only) and max budget $70 and apply.

Edit: It might be some temporary thing for the below $100 as I've seen some that used to be that <$100 but are now $100. And I think someone on the forum mentioned he lowered the price (and was allowed to) for some reason (and maybe after they get orders they can then increase to $100).

pro-gig-under-100-usd-in-website-content.jpg.1f35b64398761075db23a41c4ac597b1.jpg

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

but not any of the other levels (level 1-2) it seems. You used used to be able to filter by the other levels.

seller-tier-filter-r.jpg.39b754f174403631398266ab37bf23f6.jpg

I have noticed that since Yesterday. But on the mobile app, the filter is still there.

Well, I am sure that a few buyers use mobile app to search services on Fiverr.

Screenshot_20230711-174632_Fiverr.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@uk1000 Yes- that came up with 2 results for of the same seller - it’s likely because the sellers standard package is above $100 but the basic is $70 and it may only take your standard price to be over $100 for the gig to qualify?

it may also be that some have accidentally slipped through the vetting due the standard price being over $100

Fiverr might fix that and change that to $100 minimum for basic package starting price. 

But- as my seller plus manager tells me.. all shall be revealed eventually 🫣

Edited by bethanyvo
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I just saw this on the Pro page: (https://www.fiverr.com/cp/fiverr-pro-launch)

• customer communication outside the Fiverr platform

Does this mean people will be able to contact us off the platform now? And vice versa?

ALSO... it would be really, really helpful if Fiverr could use basic captions on their videos! Not very accessible of them.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I see they are giving the extra exposure through those filters, but removing the filters for any sellers that are not TRS and PRO... that's brutal. I don't have an issue if Fiverr wants to give more exposure to Pro, but what did the other sellers do wrong to have their filters removed? I guess those filters didn't matter anyway because people filter by price, I would imagine 🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Also one thing I've just noticed that they might be doing to promote Pro/TRS gigs more is, on the "seller details" filter in search results you can now filter by "TRS" and/or "Pro" but not any of the other levels (level 1-2) it seems. You used used to be able to filter by the other levels.

edit: Here's a screenshot for anyone who's not seen it

I can see all levels.

ff.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, levinewman said:

I was a director at a Fortune 500 company and I've made $1.4 million here on the platform. Maybe you should rethink your perspective. 

I only have 8 reviews but was the master colorist of Avatar and worked with James Cameron, Maybe you should rethink your perspective.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bethanyvo said:

@uk1000 Yes- that came up with 2 results for of the same seller - it’s likely because the sellers standard package is above $100 but the basic is $70 and it may only take your standard price to be over $100 for the gig to qualify?

it may also be that some have accidentally slipped through the vetting due the standard price being over $100

Fiverr might fix that and change that to $100 minimum for basic package starting price. 

But- as my seller plus manager tells me.. all shall be revealed eventually 🫣

After applying for pro and converting my gigs, my prices were still below 100 USD, I didn't even notice but got a mail later, maybe this is the same case.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1