New 48-Hour Wait Time for Early Payout

susankeillor1

Question

Hello! I frequently use the early payout feature. When I went to withdraw funds today for an order that was just completed, I now get a message that funds will be available for early payout fourty-eight hours after completion, where before it was the same day for eligible orders. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm just wondering if it is a new and permanent thing. Thank you!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

20 answers to this question

I used it a few days ago and it was instant. 

7 minutes ago, susankeillor1 said:

available for early payout fourty-eight hours after completion

I think the order was not marked as complete. Or if it was, the buyer didn't review it.. Maybe that's the case?

• Like 16

Thank you for your reply! I used it two days ago and it was instant as well. But today, it gives me the forty-eight hour message. The order was marked as complete and all other requirements that normally need to be met for the feature have happened. I guess I will wait and see if it remains. Thank you!

• Like 15

I'm having the same issue. I just used it yesterday and it worked perfectly but now a 48-hour message appears which, as someone mentioned, makes no sense as an early payout. For those who don't know, the feature does not activate when the order is auto-completed but it is activated as soon as the customer accepts the delivery. It might be a new policy that we're unaware of.

• Like 11

Strange. For me, early withdrawal never works for auto-completed orders. 

image.png.ba05d9b3dbfa5b0aa5aa49b88a913c37.png

Perhaps they're testing out limitations to the feature, in which case, it would be annoying. I frequently use this. I prefer to withdraw reasonable amounts because I also have to make invoices for all the transfers for accounting. So, having to withdraw 50 or 100 bucks makes no sense. It's nice to withdraw until it reaches 1000 or so, and then withdraw to Paypal. Makes the paperwork much simpler. The feature might not be as useful if we get limitations like this. 

• Like 12

same here, 

it's known that the feature doesn't work on auto completed orders (because client maybe claims for revision or changes),

but from yesterday i get this message on completed orders by clients, 

doesn't matter if client leave a review or not,

anyone contacted support for this matter? 

• Like 10

On 6/28/2023 at 2:53 PM, smashradio said:

Strange. For me, early withdrawal never works for auto-completed orders. 

image.png.ba05d9b3dbfa5b0aa5aa49b88a913c37.png

Perhaps they're testing out limitations to the feature, in which case, it would be annoying. I frequently use this. I prefer to withdraw reasonable amounts because I also have to make invoices for all the transfers for accounting. So, having to withdraw 50 or 100 bucks makes no sense. It's nice to withdraw until it reaches 1000 or so, and then withdraw to Paypal. Makes the paperwork much simpler. The feature might not be as useful if we get limitations like this. 

After nearly three years, Fiverr still can't make up their mind with early payout. When it was available to me, it would mostly work with orders that were marked as complete. But every now and then, it was also compatible with orders that were auto completed. Then sometimes it wouldn't be available at all, then others times it would be available on a consistent basis. And there were even sometimes, were it wouldn't show up on orders until the second week of the month. It's disappointing to hear they're still acting erratic with it. Especially because as a system, it charges you money to withdraw early. So the more people that use it, the more profitable for Fiverr. And yet, they still can't get their act together.

Edited by nickj2013
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, gongor32 said:

Yep, it says "Early Payout will be available 48 hours after this order was completed." in reviewed order. 

It sounds like Fiverr wanting to hold on to the money for a couple of extra days. May be a sign they're hurting for money.

• Like 8

On 6/28/2023 at 8:33 AM, vickiespencer said:

I think it only applies for autocompleted orders. 

I think maybe not, Vickie. Autocompleted orders have always had a 7 or 14 day payout, depending on the seller level. This just looks different.

On 6/29/2023 at 7:19 AM, vannievans said:

I have just realized the change right now. Is it worthy being called an 'early' payout anymore?

I agree - it's a "not waiting as long" payout, but not like it used to be an actual "get the money now" early payout.

• Like 8

Early payout is based on daily eligibility and is not guaranteed unless you have a top rated badge. Sellers Plus is 48 turn around on payouts. It happens to me every once in a while and I get booted to 48 hours turn time and then it goes back within a day or 2 after I close out a bunch of orders.  ( am a pathetic level 4 but am still getting tons of orders despite the new ratings and eligible for early payout. 

• Like 2