Buyers from a few countries are treating like this.

mohsin222507

Question

Sorry to say that I cannot mention the name of the country of the buyers. Fiverr should reconsider or restrict buyers from a country starting with N because they are spam. Since 2021, the more messages I got, the more buyers were fake. They gave emails/links/telegrams, etc. to communicate outside the platform. I reported them and hope Fiverr will check. I will help Fiverr if they ask me about the buyers in the country. Like me, most of the SELLERS have the same experience! I kept reporting... 

• Like 14

10 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, mohsin222507 said:

Fiverr should reconsider or restrict buyers from a country starting with N because they are spam. Since 2021, the more messages I got, the more buyers were fake.

Its 2023. Does spam continues same since 2021 ?

For me, only in initial stages. As soon I raised rates, feel a lot relief.

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, mohsin222507 said:

Fiverr should reconsider or restrict buyers from a country starting with N because they are spam.

Fiverr is an international platform and aside from the Russian incident (which is obviously an isolated incident), they wouldn't stop access to people from any country. With that in mind, I am not 100% sure what country you mention, but I am pretty sure I had a lot of buyers from there too if it's the country I think you are refering to. If it's spam, just mark it as spam, that's what I do and I move on.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

56 minutes ago, mohsin222507 said:

Fiverr should reconsider or restrict buyers from a country

Fiverr shouldn't, Although there are many scams but there are also good, professional and amazing buyers and sellers from that country who are nice hard-working people living an honest life. 

Wouldn't be fair to shut down the good ones for the bad ones.

• Like 9

Sure, there are a bunch of scammers hailing from specific countries, but slamming the Fiverr door shut on them—or anyone else, for that matter—isn't gonna solve a thing.

First off, these scammers know how to use VPNs. I keep getting the same old scams from users supposedly in France, the Netherlands, the US, you name it, but their messages scream repeat offender.

Geo-blocking isn't gonna fix that for us.

Then there's the ethical can of worms. Are we really going to judge people based on their nationality or ethnicity because of a few rotten apples?

If we go down that road, we'd end up restricting sellers from all over the place, since a lot of folks from certain countries aren't exactly upholding the gold standard of quality, yet they might also have some of the best-selling top people in the industry from that same country. Where would it end? It's a slippery slope. 

22 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Fiverr is an international platform and aside from the Russian incident

Which was due to international sanctions because of the war. A very different type of situation. 

Does Fiverr require a user to verify their cell number when making a buyer account? If not, they should do that. It might stop some of the scammers and spammers from making multiple accounts, or at the very least, make it more difficult for them. 

By the way @mohsin222507 - I receive humongous amounts of spam from new sellers who want me to give them work. Most of them come from another certain country. Should we close the door on that country as well? It begins with B. 

(Answer: Of course not.)

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 10
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Sure, there are a bunch of scammers hailing from specific countries, but slamming the Fiverr door shut on them—or anyone else, for that matter—isn't gonna solve a thing.

First off, these scammers know how to use VPNs. I keep getting the same old scams from users supposedly in France, the Netherlands, the US, you name it, but their messages scream repeat offender.

Then there's the ethical can of worms. Are we really going to judge people based on their nationality or ethnicity because of a few rotten apples?

If we go down that road, we'd end up restricting sellers from all over the place, since a lot of folks from certain countries aren't exactly upholding the gold standard of quality, yet they might also have some of the best-selling top people in the industry from that same country. Where would it end? It's a slippery slope. 

Which was due to international sanctions because of the war. A very different type of situation. 

Does Fiverr require a user to verify their cell number when making a buyer account? If not, they should do that. It might stop some of the scammers and spammers from making multiple accounts, or at the very least, make it more difficult for them. 

By the way @mohsin222507 - I receive humongous amounts of spam from new sellers who want me to give them work. Most of them come from another certain country. Should we close the door on that country as well? It begins with B. 

How can I handle this situation? One of my Gigs is ranking and I am getting 99.99% of messages from a country's buyers. All of them either ask me to communicate through telegram/email. It's a bitter experience! I am reporting them, but can this be a solution? My inbox is full of trash. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, mohsin222507 said:

How can I handle this situation? One of my Gigs is ranking and I am getting 99.99% of messages from a country's buyers. All of them either ask me to communicate through telegram/email. It's a bitter experience! I am reporting them, but can this be a solution? My inbox is full of trash. 

Unfortunately not. I've had the same problem. When it happens, all you can do is report them for spam. We're all hoping that Fiverr will do something about this spam. It's very annoying. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, smashradio said:

The B country Sellers are asking for work perhaps, they are not going out of the marketplace. But the scammers are asking sellers to go outside the marketplace. They are providing emails/links/telegram, and as such the platform is being deprived of revenues, and even the sellers.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, mohsin222507 said:

The B country Sellers are asking for work perhaps, they are not going out of the marketplace

The B country sellers are begging for work, yes. The B country buyers might be asking to go outside of Fiverr, or place an order, be overdemanding and have completely unrealistic expectations and want the world for $5, and then cancel at the end because they're still not happy (or because they're simply dishonest).

Now, should all the buyers from the B country be forbidden to buy on Fiverr, and should all the sellers from the B country be forbidden to access Fiverr because some of them fill inboxes of other sellers with spam? After all, they are depraving Fiverr of revenue, and sometimes sellers.

And let's not even start with all the B sellers who were actually banned at the beginning of the year for breaking the rules... Does that mean that all the people from the B country should be forbidden from accessing Fiverr? Because some of them happen to be dishonest (which can be said for people of every country)?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, mohsin222507 said:

The B country Sellers are asking for work perhaps, they are not going out of the marketplace.

That doesn't help the case it's still spam, annoying and against the rules.

Also, most sellers from B have English fluent on their profile but a lot of them can hardly form a sentence.

There's also deception going on but it wouldn’t be a fair resolution to restrict the whole country, would it?

• Like 8