New update: Buyers will soon be able to quallifying canceled orders...but sellers won't?

nikoleta_dev

51 minutes ago, newsmike said:

But both of those are better than caving in the first 5 minutes and not even fighting for what you deserve. At least fight for what you earned every last step of the way. 

Nobody said anything about caving in the first 5 minutes. This is about there being no protection, ultimately, not about giving up right away. You can take months instead of 5 minutes, doesn't matter if the end result is you don't get paid. It's worse, actually - you make the same, and you spent your time and effort for nothing.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Nobody said anything about caving in the first 5 minutes. This is about there being no protection, ultimately, not about giving up right away. You can take months instead of 5 minutes, doesn't matter if the end result is you don't get paid. It's worse, actually - you make the same, and you spent your time and effort for nothing.

But you keep repeating the helpless, "what can you do?" if someone wants a cancel line. From there you and I have very different answers.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, newsmike said:

But you keep repeating the helpless, "what can you do?" if someone wants a cancel line. From there you and I have very different answers.  

That all lead to the same outcome if the buyer really wants it. That's the point. It's not helpless, it's factual. You can use whatever strategy you'd like, it doesn't make any difference in the end. The only difference is that before the strategy of just letting it go, meant you lost the money, but wouldn't get harmed by a review at least. Now that strategy is just straight up worse than forcing a chargeback or keeping the order in limbo forever (which are the only possible outcomes of denying cancelations again and again). You have fewer viable options now. Fewer options is always bad.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

It is time to terminate all unapproved accounts operating as "studios." This action ensures that only authorized studios have access to the platform and its resources.

Individual accounts = one individual.

Studios = many.

There's no way to officially set up a studio account. I don't work alone. Fiverr knows this, I've discussed it with my SM, on webinars, zoom discussions with Fiverr staff, etc. We are two people, on one account. No outsource, we work in the same office, side by side. Nothing had to be "authorised". There's no form to fill, no box to check.

I'd like for there to be one, actually. But there isn't. And because of that, I need to deal with several downsides:

I can't put our real names on the new profile name feature, because it's two names, and the system won't accept that.

I can't use the intro video feature, since it has to be a video of one person only, and I don't want to do that either, as we're a team.

I'd like to have agent accounts in the messages, to mark conversations so the same person does the follow up with a client, or so that I can see the other is responding to a client, so I don't respond as well and get duplicated messages if one happens to be on the phone app when the other is at the office.

I can't have the account under both our names, officially - it has to be under one of us only.

I can't do any of those things - it's the way the platform works. So I don't know what you mean by "terminating all unapproved accounts operating as "studios", as there's no approval process.

Also, "individual account = one individual" is not a rule. The rule is one individual can't have more than one account. The opposite isn't true.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

"Some additional clarification to help provide more context around If a buyer is brand new to Fiverr, they will not have the option. This option will be available for experienced buyers.

first time buyer refers to a buyer who is making their first purchase on Fiverr not a buyer making their first purchase with you."

Just like I said, allowing only repeat buyers to review is absurd. In my career I've never had to cancel a repeat buyer order unless it was a mistake. 

Good that that's clear now. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, newsmike said:

You are only looking at one side. Would the buyer's perspective be something like, I ordered, sent requirements and received terrible work. This seller could not perform what I needed?"  As a result, the buyer loses his time, misses deadlines and is late to market. Does this sound like something fair?

You are making my point. Every seller who receives a cancellation blames the inept buyer who cannot appreciate the perfect delivery that was provided. This is the "infallible buyer fantasy" we hear about every day in the forum from sellers who, in their minds, only provide "immaculate, perfection" yet still suffer cancellations. It makes no sense. 

Hello.

I think you should consider this perspective, as we are talking about services, mostly connected to arts.

Imagine you buy the ticket for a show in a theatre. You are excited because you think this will be a great show. But, after you see it, you find that show terrible. It's your opinion, maybe others liked it, but you are upset because you spent money for something you didn't like. Of course you can write a bad review (explaining what was wrong in your opinion) on the net, but could you get the money back form the theatre?

The point is also that not only we have some buyers (fortunately few) who try to trick the system, but in this way someone could have works for free. How can we control if they actually don't use the delivery that they didn't like? 

It would be useful, in order to keep fiverr a community of fairy people, that seller can report buyers that probably are trying to trick the system. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, newsmike said:

Now they have to sort through 30,000 people claiming to be VO sellers, and I can tell you that he vast majority have absolutely no business selling that service, either because of lack of talent, equipment, or experience.

It's even worse for writing. People just need a computer and even if they barely know English, they consider themselves an expert in writing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, newsmike said:

It isn't. We have demonstrated in the past that forum posts contain both sides of the argument. Sellers and buyers make the same claim "Fiverr only cares about the other people" every time a decision goes against them. Humans are subjective and only see how things affect them.   

It is fella. It's mainly geared towards what the buyers needs, wants and should get. The sellers are secondary to most things things. Who is "we"?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I had just a few cancellations in the past two years. They were mainly mutual for different reasons, but there were a couple cases of very unfair cancellations.

Examples:

- Completed work. Buyer broke the TOS different times, acted passive aggressive and abusive, criticized my prices and my comments about the Terms of Service they were breaking, saying no other seller was as expensive or strict. I reported the client and declared I had no desire to continue working with them because of such behavior. The client cancelled the order, which was already accepted. Thankfully, in that specific case the CS helped me recover the funds, since what I did was in the scope of the original request.

- Delivered work on revision: The client provided a single reference image that forced me to improvise a few things design-wise. I should have asked them for more before starting, but when they asked me to change things around with a revision, they didn't properly explain what I had to do. I asked them to show me a few more pictures so that I could get a clear idea of what they wanted and edit the project accordingly, but they couldn't be bothered and initiated a cancellation saying "Seller can't do the job". I couldn't do the job because I had no material to work with and no explanation.

Now, I have to say that in both cases, these customers were first-time clients for me. So, if it's true that your first-time buyers cannot review a cancelled order, this probably won't make it so bad for me. Most of the clients that order from me and give me a 5 stars review become regulars and whenever there is something that has to be corrected, they provide a good description and trust that I will be able to resolve it. Good communication is key.

The only 1 star review I got was from a very abusive VID buyer, who used his status to verbally attack me and my work, essentially calling me names. The client also tried to cheat by requesting revisions without using the revision button, so that he could receive more modifications for free. The guy took the work despite the many attacks, because evidently he still wanted it. He rejected my offer to use the last revision and closed the order, only to come back some time later to ask for another edit as if nothing happened. At that point though, I had blocked him because of how awful he made me feel, so he left a negative review out of spite.

I think this update could or could not be good. Buyers need to receive quality work and both parties have to be protected on the platform, but some clients may become suddenly difficult to work with after the first completed order. The VID client I just mentioned had ordered from me before and I didn't have any issue with the first order.

Edited by nika_3dartist
Typos in the text
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, carrotymusic said:

I have 1000+ completed orders on Fiverr as a seller. And I want to say that I am worry about this update. There are many buyers who will manipulate this update 😞 I hope everything will be fine... I wish you all the best

I've been on the platform for over 12 years and basically close to the beginning of its journey. I can see how things seem to be shaping up and how certain sellers will be pushed to the side. A lot will be to do with what you're selling and how go it's being received by customers. The length of time and how many completed orders you've achieved will have little bearing on how things go for you (I think).  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I would welcome the feature. There is no way that some of the shady sellers I've come across have authentic reviews and it's about time buyers can provide a real review even with a cancellation - at least in stars if comments are not allowed. The sham sellers, mostly what seem to be from India and Pakistan and often hiding under false locations, operate in teams of several people and have several accounts. They write fake reviews for their own gigs...

I do understand thou that authentic sellers who may once in a while end with bad buyers, and pointlessly get bad reviews maybe over a misunderstanding will feel unfairly treated. Maybe the star review without comment is an 50/50 solution for both problems?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I am deeply disappointed with this new rule, which I consider a blunder in my opinion. Usually, I cancel orders for buyers who order something that doesn't match the package they ordered. And the buyer doesn't want to add extras to it. I'm afraid this can become a weapon for buyers to order from someone but not receive what they purchased. Even though we cancel the order, they can still give a bad review or rating.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, visualstudios said:

I can't have the account under both our names, officially - it has to be under one of us only.

Even without outsourcing, one account should correspond to one seller. In your situation, having two accounts would be appropriate.

Keep in mind, if Fiverr investigates your situation and discovers your admission, they may deem it a violation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, italianspeaker said:

in this way someone could have works for free. How can we control if they actually don't use the delivery that they didn't like? 

As a buyer:

I initiated seven cancellations, including two orders that were delivered but of notably poor quality.

image.thumb.png.15eef8ad684d1d99868de2b06203a5e0.png

One of them delivered this logo:

image.png.8362ccd74538e0d32f8dbe5f8b4fbe7e.png

Canceling this order was a straightforward process, and while it might be said that the seller "works for free" and cannot control whether or not I "don't use the delivery that I didn't like?," it should be acknowledged that some cancellations occur due to the sellers' own limitations in providing specific services.

On one occasion, I needed to cancel an order due to the poor quality of writing. The supposed "native English speaker" had produced unusable content. When I contacted the customer service team to address the issue, they did not make the cancellation process simple. Instead, they requested that I submit a report and provide evidence to justify why the work was unacceptable.

It is worth noting that the cancellation process can sometimes be challenging.

5 hours ago, italianspeaker said:

that seller can report buyers that probably are trying to trick the system. 

You have the option to report abusive buyers to customer service. I personally experienced two buyers having their accounts suspended following my submission of a ticket.

As a seller:

Following a wrongful cancellation, I submitted a ticket to customer service and subsequently received reimbursement. I believe that although the customer service team may be challenging to work with, they are not consistently unreasonable.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mandyzines said:

You're only getting what the super honest, sexy supermodel SEO strategist had to say.

I'm shy.

It is challenging to engage productively with individuals who resort to name-calling during a conversation (for civil discourse), a debate (for intellectual exchanges), or an argument (for those who lack substantive points). 

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

Keep in mind, if Fiverr investigates your situation and discovers your admission, they may deem it a violation.

This is false. They know about it. We've discussed it extensively, and they said, several times, it is fine. My success manager said is fine (4 success managers, actually). CS says it's fine. Several Fiverr employees higher up on the chain say it's fine. When we were invited to be PRO, they said it was fine.

But hey, mr. "strategist_ceo" says, if we are "investigated" and "discovered", it's a violation. Ok.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, italianspeaker said:

It would be useful, in order to keep fiverr a community of fairy people, that seller can report buyers that probably are trying to trick the system. 

I am fine with sellers reporting bad buyers. I see your point there. I am commenting on the large vocal group of people getting hysterical over the fact that buyers who were disappointed can review even after getting a refund. Many sellers try to use the cancel feature as a way to "sanitize" their poor deliveries from being public.  Essentially saying, "Here. I'll give you your money back because it prevents you from telling others how I performed." In essence a payoff. 

That is the main reason why people are upset about this. It no longer allows them to censor reviews that they don't like. It is nothing more complicated that that. Many prefer to refund occasionally and present a false history of 100% satisfied buyers merely because they bought off the bad reviewers.

I applaud Fiverr for not allowing such censorship of reviews, which is in essence allowing sellers to trick the system.

The seller can always respond to the review.  

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1