Silence on the Briefs front

sabinespoems

First of all, let me make it clear I'm not a fan of briefs at all. But I noticed something and I wanted to know if it's the same for others.

I used to get briefs all the time. Many of them are irrelevant to my gig or they were from sellers trying to promote their services. However, it's been 3 weeks since I received my last brief. I can't say I miss it since I've never counted on them for my orders. But I'm still interested in why that is!

Has it been the same for you guys too? Or is it just that nobody posts briefs that Fiverr considers relevant to my gig? It's just interesting to me since, as I mentioned, hardly any of them were relevant before either so I'm curious as to why they stopped. 

So by all means, enlighten me with your experiences! 

• Like 13
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I turned mine off. After reading your post, I will turn them on out of curiosity. 

I had mine turned off for a while as well (because it started to feel more like spam to me), but curiosity got the better of me here too and I wanted to see what the briefs consisted of. Let's wait and see what it does for you! 

30 minutes ago, catwriter said:

I'm getting fewer briefs, but I'm still getting them.

Maybe Fiverr is becoming a bit more strict as to which briefs can be posted?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I had a few weeks when I had more briefs than normal, and they were actually pretty relevant, I even got one order from them! That being said... they are pretty sparse now. Quite a few spams, some just random nonsense? (there was one that read like a Facebook post?) and the usual too-cheap stuff is what seems normal. I leave them on because I'm curious, but to be honest, I think buyers still need to learn how to use them properly (and sellers, too.) I think the feature if monitored properly, could be fun, but... so far, it's just 'meh'.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, sabinespoems said:

Maybe Fiverr is becoming a bit more strict as to which briefs can be posted?

Or maybe things have temporarily slowed down. It happens.

53 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I think buyers still need to learn how to use them properly

Indeed. If they want a business plan, they shouldn't pick Writing & Translating category, even if they do want someone to write a business plan for them. Or, if they need a logo, they should pick Graphic Design>Logo Design, not Writing & Translation>Business Names & Slogans.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, catwriter said:

Or maybe things have temporarily slowed down. It happens.

Definitely true. Perhaps I was a bit too hopeful about it 😅

6 hours ago, katakatica said:

I even got one order from them!

Hurray! I feel like you've had a unique experience haha. And I was thinking that the absence of it meant they were perhaps monitored more closely indeed, but as I said above that was most likely wishful thinking...

• Like 6
  • Up 1

12 hours ago, sabinespoems said:

First of all, let me make it clear I'm not a fan of briefs at all.

I used to get briefs all the time. Many of them are irrelevant to my gig or they were from sellers trying to promote their services.

Has it been the same for you guys too? Or is it just that nobody posts briefs that Fiverr considers relevant to my gig? It's just interesting to me since, as I mentioned, hardly any of them were relevant before either so I'm curious as to why they stopped. 

Hi. 

I am not fan of it too. And I received a totally different project too. I don't want to turned it off but I have just increased the price of my brief. And recently, I didn't get any brief. If I get hope it will be more relevant

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 9
  • Congrats! 1

I get them dripping in. They're at least in the voice-over ballpark, but often don't match my accent or they want a male voice-over artist. I rarely get replies when I do apply, and there are a lot looking for explicit content. I'm not sure why those are able to get through. That said, I'm currently working on a fantastic job voicing a character in a computer game and the client is incredible. I got that through briefs. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nickj2013 said:

Now that briefs have become the primary way of connecting buyers and sellers on Fiverr

They haven't, just like buyer requests were never the primary way of connecting buyers and sellers. The primary way was, is, and will be buyers clicking on your gigs and contacting you.

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

After turning briefs on 24 hours ago, I received one brief from a buyer seeking a service I do not offer. 

I took a look at how buyers have to submit their briefs and it says:

"Our smart algorithm calculates the most suitable category for your requirements. For example: If you request a logo to be designed for your business, an additional field will appear (based on the details you provide). This information is unique to each service. When prompted, complete the additional fields to ensure the best and most accurate match." 

I guess the algorithm is only as smart as the person who submits their brief 👀

7 hours ago, zeus777 said:

It'll keep coming, I'm OK, maybe one day this thing called a miracle might happen and I'll get something that actually is a match.
Not expecting much though!

If I get a relevant brief plus somebody actually responding to my offer I'll definitely make it known on the forum 💃 I never get replies either so congrats @leannelriversfor actually succeeding! Or rather, the 'briefs buyers' being smart enough to recognize your talents 😊

• Like 8

20 hours ago, visualstudios said:

They haven't, just like buyer requests were never the primary way of connecting buyers and sellers. The primary way was, is, and will be buyers clicking on your gigs and contacting you.

That puts you at the mercy of chance, and luck. Even if your gig, gig title, etc. is up to par. A client could always still choose someone else. Or, 'the algorithm' might not be working in your favor that day and your gig isn't seen at all. But allowing sellers to directly bid and pitch their services for a particular project. Is a much better system.

Edited by nickj2013
  • Like 6

On 3/9/2023 at 8:39 AM, sabinespoems said:

However, it's been 3 weeks since I received my last brief. I can't say I miss it since I've never counted on them for my orders. But I'm still interested in why that is!

I haven't noticed, since like Vickie. I turned them off. I'm going to turn them on again briefly, to see what happens.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, nickj2013 said:

A client could always still choose someone else.

A client can always choose someone else with briefs or buyer requests anyway. Moot point.

If you want to pitch, there are a lot of better platforms for that. The good thing about Fiverr is precisely not having to pitch.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, danno1950 said:

I haven't noticed, since like Vickie. I turned them off. I'm going to turn them on again briefly, to see what happens.

Since I turned Briefs back on, I get two or three a day. One was for academic work, which I reported, and others were not for what I do, or the buyer wanted the moon and stars for a comparatively low price.   

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

Since I turned Briefs back on, I get two or three a day. One was for academic work, which I reported, and others were not for what I do, or the buyer wanted the moon and stars for a comparatively low price.   

The buyers who want a lot for a little are always circling this platform. 

• Like 7