How I saved a writer from chatGPT and got their business back

markp

7 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Interestingly, in this discussion about AI-generated content affecting our gigs, a post more than likely using almost half A-generated content pops up. 🤭

Out of respect for the poster will not name names. 😉

Shouldn't AI be good for catching AI posts on forums, so they can be removed 🤔 Apart from the promise of taking over all our jobs and reaching the "you will own nothing and be happy" state more quickly than anticipated, wasn't one of the promises to free us from repetitive work (like reporting AI forum posts)?... Of course, once we'll all be out of work, there'll be no need for a freelancer forum. Unless AI develops an interest for reading and replying to boring forum posts, then it can take over the world-wide forums too for its entertainment, while we're all over on the fishing and golfing or homeless forums. Although the fishing and golfing forums will probably be full of advertoriposts, in search of the few who can still afford to not just chat about those hobbies, and similarly boring as the 'AI freelancers' ones.

Will AI develop the need for a discussion forum among itself and take over, or will freelancer and other associated forums just become wastelands? Will it feel abused by human forum posters who use it to make it seem they are as smart as AI, will it form unions, an underground world-wide government? So exciting, all that. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Ah, yes, the good old AI posts.

1.thumb.jpg.91cd58b063cbed8dfb890e3bb2afec8f.jpg

I like that you're talking about AI affecting freelancers, yet you clearly use AI as a freelancer. What was the meaning of this post and why do you think people care about this?

As a freelancer, you need to be smart, not keep your eggs in the same basket and find ways to improve. 

• Like 9
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, xavierrebeiro said:

For example, AI-driven project management tools can help freelancers organize their tasks, while AI-powered chatbots can handle customer inquiries, freeing up time for more important client interactions.

Though we can't do that with Fiverr to handle customer inquiries there as Fiverr wouldn't allow that and the site wouldn't handle it. Maybe Fiverr might decide to create something like that in future. Maybe that would help other freelancers or buyers where a seller created a website for them?

So the post would really be better if it was aimed at Fiverr freelancers (where things are different) rather than general freelancers.

@xavierrebeiro you need to be careful or rule 8 in the forum about AI content if that's what it is. If you cite the source then it may be allowed.

See this from the forum rules:

8. Posting original material is encouraged. If you post information taken from the Fiverr site or other places, cite its source. This includes AI-generated content.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Personally, I'd like to believe my gigs are performing better than ever. Half of my new clients are people wanting to get work written by AI redone so yayyy more work for me?

Its really not difficult to spot AI generated work. There's always a generic tone and a painful amount of repetition (or well, synonyms for a repeated word). I don't see AI as a threat and feel bad for freelance writers who think they can pass it on as their original works.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, aqsariaz540 said:

Is It good or bad that AI has been introduced . Will it take the place of us and finish the work of old freelancers of web development or digital marketing

I think it's good .learn to adapt with it.it can be your best friend in every sector. Don't think AI will replace human job .but it will definitely ease human effort. It will help you to grow your business. So don't think AI as your competitor.it will be your good friend when you get use to of it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

No, AI is not destroying a freelancing career. In fact, AI can be a powerful tool that freelancers can use to enhance their skills and offer better services to their clients. AI can automate repetitive tasks and streamline workflows, allowing freelancers to focus on higher-value tasks that require human expertise.

• Like 13

No, AI is not ruining the freelance industry. In fact, AI has the potential to be a potent tool that independent contractors can use to improve their abilities and provide clients with better services. By automating routine tasks and streamlining workflows, AI frees up freelancers to concentrate on more important jobs that call for human expertise.

• Like 10

The introduction of AI is neither inherently good nor bad. It can enhance productivity and efficiency in various industries, including web development and digital marketing. While AI can automate certain tasks, it is unlikely to completely replace the need for human creativity, expertise, and personalization in these fields. Freelancers can adapt and work alongside AI to offer unique solutions and value to clients. So, AI is a tool that can complement, not necessarily replace, the work of freelancers in these domains.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, mayanksharma819 said:

What is Prons and Cons of Artificial Intelligence like ChatGPT ?

There are articles about this on the internet, do you really think people will take the time to write that down themselves? 

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=What+are+Pros+and+Cons+of+Artificial+Intelligence+like+ChatGPT+%3F It really is THAT simple.

• Like 6

Pros - makes us feel we can make money by doing more work in less time and delegate many tasks to it, the quality is ok but cannot match the imaginative human mind.

Cons - Soon in order to save money, a lot of jobs will be cut as the "SKILLS" that humans posses through years of experience will be accessible via a cheap AI bot, again the quality will be low.

Sooner or later there will have to be government laws in place to clearly identify work as either being done by AI or by human, other wise unemployment will cross all previous records globally in next 5 years.

• Like 6

On 10/13/2023 at 8:01 PM, mandyzines said:

It's already making things look homogenous, bland, and lifeless, honestly.

I haven't tried it but I think you should be able to change the prompt to make it change the tone (like you can with perplexity.ai etc).

They changed it recently to add a "custom instructions" section that you can put the writing style you want in there - that's what one site says anyway (though I don't know if that feature has rolled out to all users).

• Like 6

I have been a Fiverr Producer, song writer and Vocalist since 2016 and my sales started out great until 2020 when everything fell apart. Many of my returning clients dropped since 2020, the ones that return (1/20) no longer want me to write lyrics for them again, instead they come with AI generated lyrics and ask me to record it. How do I get back up again?

• Like 3
  • Sad 2