I Cancellled All My Orders On Fiverr

tharinduslaksha

15 hours ago, markp said:

I think everyone should be charged an administration fee for signing up (there are enough sellers on here now for fiverr to live with this) and make it as providing an enhanced account with a tick on it and throw in some extras. People creating multiple accounts will quickly fall away.

If that screenshot was correct about people earning thousands with VVRO, charging an administration fee isn't going to help. They'll just borrow the money for the fee(s), and create multiple accounts.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

If that screenshot was correct about people earning thousands with VVRO, charging an administration fee isn't going to help. They'll just borrow the money for the fee(s), and create multiple accounts.

Fees and paywalls certainly wouldn't be the cure-all that some people who are only aware of the tips of the icebergs might think or make them out to be, but I'm also rather sure they'd help at least to a certain degree, which is probably what markp and others who do see a little deeper, mean. Ironically, the lower the criminal energy, the more the countermeasures will help. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

it will put a big dent in this. there are two things going on here. New sellers are buying reviews from third parties like you saw in the screenshot. They are paying  a very low price for the reviews.  the people providing these services have got to get accounts from somewhere. if they are creating new accounts its going to cost to verify them and severely reduce their profits.. down to zero. if they are buying old accounts elsewhere they are going to have the same problem. Its going to make life extremely difficult for them. For the people using  VPN's to create multiple accounts for themselves, like what was shown in the video the other day, its going to make it difficult and contrary to what people believe nearly all VPN's leave a footprint and many are transparent, regardless of what they say, its just companies have to draw a line  at the cost of implementing changes or don't do it for commercial reasons. If VPN use was blocked to a much higher degree along with charging people it would go a long way to stopping this.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, markp said:

nearly all VPN's leave a footprint and many are transparent, regardless of what they say, its just companies have to draw a line  at the cost of implementing changes or don't do it for commercial reasons. If VPN use was blocked to a much higher degree along with charging people it would go a long way to stopping this.

I have made this point in the past as well. Each legitimate ISP has a range of IP's that are used which are readily identifiable. AT&T is easily identified by their IP range for example. VPN's use entirely different ranges for their spoof servers. Blocking them is easy once you know who uses what ranges. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Each legitimate ISP has a range of IP's that are used which are readily identifiable. AT&T is easily identified by their IP range for example. VPN's use entirely different ranges for their spoof servers. Blocking them is easy once you know who uses what ranges. 

Sorry if my question is stupid, but would it affect legitimate sellers whose IP address changes because they're travelling?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Sorry if my question is stupid, but would it affect legitimate sellers whose IP address changes because they're travelling?

Not if they remote into their home PC, and connect to Fiverr from that. Or even in the scenario that follows. User lives in UK, travels to NYC, staying at the Plaza Hotel, because It's The Plaza...That hotel surely is using a legit ISP like AT&T, Xfinity or Spectrum for connectivity, so it would be on the allowed list. Just the VPN's that would be blocked. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2023 at 5:08 PM, markp said:

obviously he is making people pay to verify their accounts and prove they are not bots

Some click farms have enough money to pay for that. Actually, Twitter flooded with fake accounts paying for the blue tick to deceive people. Not really Elon's brightest idea so far.

If paying to verify an account happens someday, then we will see on Fiverr something like the VVRO situation ensue, just this time they would sell verified sellers accounts (they do sell level 2 and TRS accounts already, they've been outed on Facebook and even on the forum). A neverending problem, it seems. It's a good idea but it needs to be thought really well before launching it. Criminals always find loopholes.

Edited by moonstaredits
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, miiila said:

However, IMO, one should be very careful of equating things like "'too many' repeat buyers", or "'too many' five-star reviews" with "scammer" and with reporting people who might not be.

Yes, we should indeed be careful... However, it's really thought-provoking the only reseller I worked with some weeks ago worked with the 3 same sellers around 3 times each... He proceeded then to use my work with some modifications (not really significant) to sell it to a customer (maybe his customer wasn't on Fiverr but from somewhere else). Really, really fishy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a horrible situation, If this thing is real, you won't be a perfect man on this platform for doing these cancellations. You have just wasted time with those clients, Simply you could use the "Unavailable" option. Fiverr never allowed your familial logic, If you can't do the job, Fiverr give you Unavailable options, You have just wasted this option. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

On 1/17/2023 at 8:09 PM, mohammad_jony said:

What a horrible situation, If this thing is real, you won't be a perfect man on this platform for doing these cancellations. You have just wasted time with those clients, Simply you could use the "Unavailable" option. Fiverr never allowed your familial logic, If you can't do the job, Fiverr give you Unavailable options, You have just wasted this option. 

I Restarted working by getting restriction for about 4 hoyrs per a day . I wasted about 1 week without orders. VBut, It week was very nice. No afraide. No afraide For Fiverr Also. But, Again Simmilar

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tharinduslaksha said:

I Restarted working by getting restriction for about 4 hoyrs per a day . I wasted about 1 week without orders. VBut, It week was very nice. No afraide. No afraide For Fiverr Also. But, Again Simmilar

That's awesome, We everyone should be using right way for using Unavailable option for our busy life's. Although I have use this option sometimes for my vacation time, Definitely, I enjoyed LOL 😁

Thanks to you for understanding these Fiverr wonderful options 😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1