Auto reply function!

miiila

11 hours ago, markp said:

I can see some ways of making this work but ideally you would be able to set a delay before it responds if you are not available

Definitely.

And, since it doesn't count towards response rate, there should be some easily visible reminder like that red clock symbol on those conversations, it's too easy to not notice that there are still messages that you didn't "really" respond to, as it is.

I turned mine off, after a few instances where it had kicked in, due to the above, and also, because it's really hard to write up a single reply that's suitable as first response to anything you get, while still being kind of meaningful. So far, Quick Responses, or simply waiting until I can respond in person, serve me better.

• Like 19
  • Up 1

I've got it but won't be using it. As others have said it doesn't help with the response time, I already have a list of tempates and it would be far too generic.

The only thing I can think of is letting them know my sleeping hours so they understand why they may not get an immediate response, but I don't think it's worth it.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Just now, williambryan392 said:

The only thing I can think of is letting them know my sleeping hours so they understand why they may not get an immediate response, but I don't think it's worth it.

That is how I use it.

Mine says:

Thank you for contacting me. Typically, I am active on Fiverr from 8 am to 9 pm MST. I will be with you soon if you contact me during these hours. If you are messaging me outside of these hours, then more than likely, I am asleep and will get in touch with you first thing in the morning my time.

• Like 19
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I tested this feature last night.

I thought that I would let my American buyers know that I will respond to them during studio hours.

But behold, not a single auto reply was sent for the 3 inquiries that I received while sleeping.

And I found out why:

“Remember: Only some buyers will be able to receive the Auto Reply message during the beta testing period.”

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/10092069817617?segment=seller

Very disappointing!

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sunboatrecords said:

“Remember: Only some buyers will be able to receive the Auto Reply message during the beta testing period.”

I seem to remember that only new to you buyers will get the message. I guess Fiverr feels that those who have ordered from you before will know your routine.

• Like 16
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Yes. I leave it on all of the time. It is handy for when I am busy.

I don't know what to tell you! 

Certainly, we cannot rely on something that is unpredictable.

Right now, it looks that I can turn it on when I leave the studio or go to sleep and hope for the best.

Last night, it had 0% success!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1