Auto reply function!

strategist_ceo

I've got it but won't be using it. As others have said it doesn't help with the response time, I already have a list of tempates and it would be far too generic.

The only thing I can think of is letting them know my sleeping hours so they understand why they may not get an immediate response, but I don't think it's worth it.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Just now, williambryan392 said:

The only thing I can think of is letting them know my sleeping hours so they understand why they may not get an immediate response, but I don't think it's worth it.

That is how I use it.

Mine says:

Thank you for contacting me. Typically, I am active on Fiverr from 8 am to 9 pm MST. I will be with you soon if you contact me during these hours. If you are messaging me outside of these hours, then more than likely, I am asleep and will get in touch with you first thing in the morning my time.

• Like 20
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I tested this feature last night.

I thought that I would let my American buyers know that I will respond to them during studio hours.

But behold, not a single auto reply was sent for the 3 inquiries that I received while sleeping.

And I found out why:

“Remember: Only some buyers will be able to receive the Auto Reply message during the beta testing period.”

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/10092069817617?segment=seller

Very disappointing!

• Like 14
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sunboatrecords said:

“Remember: Only some buyers will be able to receive the Auto Reply message during the beta testing period.”

I seem to remember that only new to you buyers will get the message. I guess Fiverr feels that those who have ordered from you before will know your routine.

• Like 17
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Yes. I leave it on all of the time. It is handy for when I am busy.

I don't know what to tell you! 

Certainly, we cannot rely on something that is unpredictable.

Right now, it looks that I can turn it on when I leave the studio or go to sleep and hope for the best.

Last night, it had 0% success!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 3:29 PM, designer_rahmat said:

Hello Everyone!

I am really happy that I got the auto reply feature. 🥰 It will definitely benefit me a lot. It's in beta now so not everyone has it yet. So those who haven't got it, don't worry about it.

Auto Reply feature.png

Personally I hate the auto reply feature both as a seller and as a buyer. I believe the customer should be able to directly talk with the freelancer, not get excited that someone responded to their message just to see it is an auto response. I would not be using that feature, I think it would decrease my customer satisfaction and experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1