Auto reply function!

strategist_ceo

Well for me.. I don't see the purpose since it already says that you have to reply manually if you want to keep the response rate...

So the only situation when I would use an auto reply would be to thank the buyer for their order. But then I also have to reply again to do the same thing and not lower my response rate. Maybe I  am missing something or this is not for me. I am sure others will find some use for it.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

It can actually be helpful to some sellers, like myself, because I need the buyer to provide me with information that they often do not have at first contact.

Most of my clients purchase two weeks after their initial contact, because I send them on a research mission. The conversion rate for this category of clients has been great. 

image.png.2e2ead6197d07beb370b80fb399dbe06.png

Hopefully this will save me the trouble of having to engage in a lengthy conversation with each of my clients before the purchase. <(˶ᵔᵕᵔ˶)>

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Well for me.. I don't see the purpose since it already says that you have to reply manually if you want to keep the response rate...

I like it for buyers that contact me while I am sleeping. I tell them what my active hours are on the platform and let them know that I will get back to them during those hours. I also tell them if they contacted me during my business hours, I will be with them shortly.

Today I got a message from a new buyer who had received the instant reply. However, the buyer wanted me to proofread academic work.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

This was suggested back in 2019:

but this version is a lot more basic than what was suggested in that thread.

It would be better if we could create template based auto-replies based on what text is in the buyer's message(s) (as well as what gig they selected if any).

eg. if the buyer says "can you do x" you could create an auto-reply saying whether or not you could do that.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

It would be better if we could create template based auto-replies based on what text is in the buyer's message(s).

eg. if the buyer says "can you do x" you could create an auto-reply saying whether or not you could do that.

That would be more useful, but it would also be more complicated for Fiverr to create.

• Like 13
  • Up 3

20 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

but it would also be more complicated for Fiverr to create.

Not much more complicated though. It could just have a list of strings you could that the buyer's message might contain+ what gig (if any was selected) and then what your reply would be for that. Or maybe if "this string" and "this string" are both contained in the buyer's message than give reply x.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

15 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

proofread academic work

Proofreading, rewriting and editing academic work is not against policy I think; it's just a standard English editing practice.

When the client asks you to change the academic structure of the paper, such as by adding content that isn't present in the source material or changing the focus so much that it's no longer about the original topic, it can be problematic.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

Proofreading, rewriting and editing academic work is not against policy I think; it's just a standard English editing practice.

Yes, it is against Fiverr's TOS. I have asked CS about it more than once in the five years I have been a seller on Fiverr. They continue to tell me that even basic proofreading is not allowed. I can, however, proofread theses and dissertations.   

• Like 18
  • Up 1

On 11/13/2022 at 8:16 AM, strategist_ceo said:

image.png.a99dac03b9958a9b496ef50fc92c2c1b.png

Has anyone had experience with this function? I think it's a very helpful addition!

I would further refine the auto reply - according to different gigs (if possible).

That's a great initiative, I would like to use this freature for instant reply, when I am outside.  May you please guide me where I can get this tab? 

Thank You !

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Asked

1 hour ago, sanaaliabbasi said:

That's a great initiative, I would like to use this freature for instant reply, when I am outside.  May you please guide me where I can get this tab?

Answered

On 11/14/2022 at 1:57 AM, vickiespencer said:

It is in beta for now, so you may not have it.

The function is very "beta". It doesn't work 80% of the time.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

5 hours ago, designer_rahmat said:

Hello Everyone!

I am really happy that I got the auto reply feature. 🥰 It will definitely benefit me a lot. It's in beta now so not everyone has it yet. So those who haven't got it, don't worry about it.

Auto Reply feature.png

What is requirements to get this option?

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I got this feature too! Since yesterday or the day before.

Its replies do not count as real responses. Look at the disclaimer at the bottom of its window!

I see no benefit in using it. I already have an elaborate system of quick responses.

I can easily shoot a personalized message that will count towards my response rate.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

I'm with you @sunboatrecords!

I would love if this feature could be used as an Out-Of-Office tool that could count towards my response rate (and I could apply it to all messages and all customers).

As it stands now, there isn't really a benefit. It can set up false hope in a buyer who might think you are available when you are not.

• Like 22
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, markp said:

I can see some ways of making this work but ideally you would be able to set a delay before it responds if you are not available

Definitely.

And, since it doesn't count towards response rate, there should be some easily visible reminder like that red clock symbol on those conversations, it's too easy to not notice that there are still messages that you didn't "really" respond to, as it is.

I turned mine off, after a few instances where it had kicked in, due to the above, and also, because it's really hard to write up a single reply that's suitable as first response to anything you get, while still being kind of meaningful. So far, Quick Responses, or simply waiting until I can respond in person, serve me better.

• Like 20
  • Up 1