Auto Reply or Quick response?

arch_cadd

Question

15 answers to this question

On 11/15/2022 at 4:03 AM, writer_koryn said:

This function is very important because it saves you from experiencing poor response rate, especially when you are asleep and get to reply once you wake up.

No, it does not. The instant reply does not count as an actual response for your rate calculation. You still have to respond to them manually.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't quite get the difference between Quick Responses and this Insta Reply beta:

64925768_Screenshot(1618).png.65ed89c4f20c861721f40dc41cd76be4.png

965640964_Screenshot(1619).thumb.png.33dd6b5ce5a7ee0d8de4dee56b73a051.png

Does this mean that the Insta Response will be sent automatically, when a person messages? If so, you really can only say "Hello", as anything else might sound stupid, depending on what the person actually wrote. 

It also would seem a bit dangerous, as it doesn't count as a reply for the Response Rate, depending on how it will look in the chat window, as you may wrongly think you already sent a reply to that message, when you peek at your chat window. But I guess, hope, that the notification and pink dot and everything won't be affected by that Insta Response, or will it... anyone tried it out already and can say more?

And will it be automatically sent to everyone, including existing customers? That would be weird, too.

And if not – where is the different to using Quick Responses...? 

Edited by miiila
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, miiila said:

I don't quite get the difference between Quick Responses and this Insta Reply beta:

The seller can use QRs to respond to a buyer once they have read the message. The Inst Reply goes out automatically if any NEW potential buyer contacts you.

Does this mean that the Insta Response will be sent automatically, when a person messages?

Yes, but only if a new person messages you.

anyone tried it out already and can say more?

I like it for buyers that contact me while I am sleeping. I tell them what my active hours are on the platform and let them know that I will get back to them during those hours. I also tell them if they contacted me during my business hours, I will be with them shortly.

Today I got a message from a new buyer who had received the instant reply. However, the buyer wanted me to proofread academic work. I told them it was against Fiverr TOS so that counted as my response to their question.

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 15
  • Up 6

On 11/12/2022 at 3:26 PM, atawin said:

I think the end result is the same between the two options but Quick Response allows for more customization

Both can be customized equally, but Instant Responses go out automatically. The user chooses which QRs to send out.

On 11/12/2022 at 3:26 PM, atawin said:

Please take a look at my image below and let me know if you have any ideas, I would like to set up some quick responses prior to launching my gigs.

It looks like you may need to create a gig before you can add QRs. Now the system sees you as a buyer. The little is where you  click to access QRs.
58086456_Screenshot2022-11-13at11_11_33AM.thumb.png.2ca554785132007dadf96243de06edc4.png 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

On 11/15/2022 at 2:03 PM, writer_koryn said:

Why is it that some people have the "Instant reply" reply and some don't? 

This function is very important because it saves you from experiencing poor response rate, especially when you are asleep and get to reply once you wake up. 

This function can't increase your response rate because fiverr already mentioned that you still have to reply manually to maintain your response rate 

image.png

• Like 5

I found this thread while trying to find out more about Quick Response myself.

This link might help you with quick responses, and they appear to be a way for you to customize messages you are likely to repeatedly send to buyers. I think the end result is the same between the two options but Quick Response allows for more customization. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010846178 

But I do not have the ability to see quick responses. I do not know if I am in the incorrect area, or if it is because I do not have any gigs open. Does anyone know about that part? Please take a look at my image below and let me know if you have any ideas, I would like to set up some quick responses prior to launching my gigs.

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 12.17.53 PM.png

• Like 22

On 11/13/2022 at 10:59 PM, vickiespencer said:

I like it for buyers that contact me while I am sleeping. I tell them what my active hours are on the platform and let them know that I will get back to them during those hours.

That's a great idea and one will not lose his potential client.

• Like 10