Buyer Request or Brief which one is Best ?

thangawelujeewa

10 hours ago, thangawelujeewa said:

which of the one do you prefer? 

1. briefs option
  2. buyer request 

Why does it matter? Buyer Requests are going away for good, so whether anyone liked that feature is pointless. It's not coming back. The only valid option remaining, therefore, is the Brief & Match feature. You can either learn to like this new feature, or turn it off and not worry about it.

• Like 23
  • Up 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 10:21 PM, thangawelujeewa said:

Guys!

which of the one do you prefer? 

1. briefs option
  2. buyer request 

Brief.

On 11/2/2022 at 8:25 AM, jonbaas said:

Why does it matter? Buyer Requests are going away for good, so whether anyone liked that feature is pointless. It's not coming back. The only valid option remaining, therefore, is the Brief & Match feature. You can either learn to like this new feature, or turn it off and not worry about it.

Well said.

• Like 14

On 11/15/2022 at 11:12 PM, nanoparticles said:

You received some briefs, you got orders?

I have had two orders from briefs, which is not many, considering the number of briefs I get daily. I get many briefs per day. However, often they are for services I do not offer. Plus, even though my minimum budget is $100, I still get briefs for that amount and more that want the sun, moon, and stars, so I mark them as "the budget does not match my prices". Another issue is that at least one brief per day is from a seller looking for work, so they get marked as spam. Besides that, many buyers need to clearly state what service they seek. The last issue I see is buyers asking for 3 or 4 services in one brief, and I only provide one of them.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

I always say the best thing to do with Buyer Requests was to have a group of curators go through the 'bogus,' or 'suspect' requests and flag them. So sellers could know to avoid those requests if they contained malicious files, or if the 'client' was unserious because they were offering such a low amount for work. Or if the client was just spamming multiple requests asking for the same thing.

Instead of deleting BR altogether, flagging shady requests as just that... would've been a smarter, more efficient move. Or posting a feedback score next to the request poster. Similar to Upwork's system. Which lets freelancers know which clients are serious about paying for jobs done, and which are just 'sniffing around,' or routinely shortchange their hirees - via a visible numerical amount of money spent on the platform. Or the apple app store. That has a review score for apps. So you can make a choice to download, or not. Based on a certain percentage.

• Like 10