Searching for participants for a thesis

mrmaths79

Hello I am a German student and have to do a project about freelancer platforms and how these could possibly be a future for my life in terms of job. I would find it very cool if you could answer me how it is for you to work on fiverr and write me a few deteils about it so like how long you work per week or if you make a living with fiverr etc. .
I hope I can collect some information and look forward to your answers.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, mrmaths79 said:

Hello I am a German student

Hello @mrmaths79 I am also a student doing my major in Computer from Bangladesh🚩

I'm quite passionate about this main-steam software development sector so Fiverr has been a great opportunity to gain real-world experience & earn a good passive income as a beginner developer (in accordance with the standards in my country).

Currently I am working as a full-stack web developer. As you know, as a freelancer I have a completely flexible schedule. In this way, I can manage both my regular academic curriculum and learn more skills for my future. I really think Fiverr or such platforms is a great way to prove yourself & great push towards your career.

• Like 9

Hello! I created a profile on Fiverr in 2020, but started to actually dive as a full-time freelancer in the platform in mid 2021. It was during Covid lockdown after I resigned from my office work. I am graphic designer and I mainly create streetwear designs.

Initially, it was pretty difficult to gain order as I haven't got any review and I can only rely on live portfolio to "persuade" buyers, but it gets better now as I gained level 2. I've completed hundreds of projects and I am delighted to say that my monthly earning in the platform has given me the option to not go back to 9-5 job. I have no particular working hour, but it's usually in the evening. The duration varies, depending on the complexity of the project and the due date. In other words, it's very flexible. What I like the most about freelancing is that I could work from ANYWHERE, as long as there's internet connection.

As a freelancer, I think one of the most important skills to have is self-discipline. No boss is going to shout at you to get the work done or dictate how things have to be done, so you have to establish a working system that is the most effective for yourself 😊 expanding connection, marketing your service, you gotta do that on your own.

Edited by kevindwren
  • Like 8

I'm linking this topic: https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/282840-👀what-does-freelancing-life-really-look-like/

There was another research project that showed up on the forums not too long ago. https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/277032-seeking-volunteer-interviewees-for-college-survey-on-freelancing-and-retirement-planning/

---

Question: what school are you with?

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I'm a 21 year old student in ecnonomics from Switzerland which is currently writing a paper about gig work.

I'm in urgent need of 2 participants for an interview about your experience with gigwork and particularly fiverr. Please let me know if you're interested. The interview can be anonymized if wanted. You would receive the questions beforehand. The interview can take place either via zoom or just on a written level.

The venue would take place between the 31st of Ocotober and 13th of November. I'm glad for any help that I might receive.

kind regards

Yara

• Like 3

On 10/18/2022 at 9:13 AM, yaralein01 said:

The interview can take place either via zoom or just on a written level.

Fiverr sellers cannot participate in zoom meetings unless the buyer has a business account. Therefore a written level would be best for most freelancers, as doing anything else could endanger their account.

• Like 5

Thank you for the links! I'll definitely have a look into the post.
I'm a student in a university of applied sciences in Switzerland. The project is for a subject called "methods and projects" where we have to write a thesis on the topic. The order was given by a scientific employee from the school.

Thank you too for the hint concerning the zoom meetings. Written answers will definitely be possible too!

Edited by yaralein01
  • Like 2

hello and thank you for posting. 

I am from Germany myself. Fiverr is for me current a way to fill my gaps in my regular work and still profit a little from it. 

In order to make your first $1000 on Fiverr, you must be willing to do the following:

Learn a high paying skill: Find a skill, such as website design, social media marketing or UI design and work on mastering that skill. Practice on doing projects so you get good.

Work hard/smart: If you are a new seller, it is going to take time and effort to make your first sales and reviews. However, if you are willing to be patient and you put in the work, you will start getting sales.

Optimise your gigs: Make sure that your gigs are properly set up, have good keywords, description and a good looking thumbnail. If you can master these, then your gigs are going to look attractive.

Prices: Sell yourself and know your value. If you want to make $1000, then you need to charge high ticket offers. Charge at least $100 for your premium package and know that Fiverr takes 20% of what you make.

Do know that people will be willing to pay high prices if you provide the value and get good reviews.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 3