Seeking Volunteer Interviewees For College Survey On Freelancing And Retirement Planning

ifscrapp

On 4/24/2023 at 8:51 AM, beercoaster said:

Are videocalls not allowed here?

Fiverr Terms of Service:

To protect our users' privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It's putting sellers in a difficult position. This can be construed as outside contact, as it's not even to do with a potential order. Before anyone from the university goes down this route, I suggest getting permission from Fiverr to do this, and the first step I would take is to contact support.  they may say it's not allowed. Sellers will not want to be in a position where the calls start to move into areas asking questions that can cause issues for them and zoom calls are supposed to be with potential customers. If anyone from the university wants to do this, they need to get permission from Fiverr. not go around contacting individual sellers.

14 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

Have they given some reason why they don't want to have the interview via the messaging system? 

i was contacted about this, and I offered this as a solution, and it was declined because the interview has to be recorded and they wanted to do a Zoom call. I don't think any seller will be comfortable with this as its not for an order or a potential order. 

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, markp said:

If anyone from the university wants to do this, they need to get permission from Fiverr. not go around contacting individual sellers.

i was contacted about this, and I offered this as a solution, and it was declined because the interview has to be recorded and they wanted to do a Zoom call. I don't think any seller will be comfortable with this as its not for an order or a potential order. 

I wouldn't mind answering a couple of questions to help in a study, but I agree that their approach is not ideal. I will ask the support how to proceed and, if the given solution doesn't work for the students, then I won't be able to help them anyway.

Thank you for the suggestion.

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markp said:

It's putting sellers in a difficult position. This can be construed as outside contact, as it's not even to do with a potential order. Before anyone from the university goes down this route, I suggest getting permission from Fiverr to do this, and the first step I would take is to contact support.  they may say it's not allowed. Sellers will not want to be in a position where the calls start to move into areas asking questions that can cause issues for them and zoom calls are supposed to be with potential customers. If anyone from the university wants to do this, they need to get permission from Fiverr. not go around contacting individual sellers.

That. I've been contacted a few times over the years about such things, and was really surprised that none of the people had contacted Fiverr to ask if it was okay, prior to contacting sellers through their platform. My thoughts are pretty much, if you don't bother doing that, so you can assure me that it's been okayed by Fiverr, why should I bother helping you with this. 

• Like 9
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, miiila said:

That. I've been contacted a few times over the years about such things, and was really surprised that none of the people had contacted Fiverr to ask if it was okay, prior to contacting sellers through their platform. My thoughts are pretty much, if you don't bother doing that, so you can assure me that it's been okayed by Fiverr, why should I bother helping you with this. 

When you are a student doing research, it can be tough to get any meaningful data, been there & no one wants to help, but they're going about it the wrong way. I doubt it is for an individual thesis (or dissertation), but if it is, their supervisor also has questions to answer. They have provided no proof of who they are and could be anyone. They could be other sellers just trying to get information, from another platform looking for data, or even from the media looking to see how people use Fiverr for AI. They should have contacted Fiverr and asked first. They could have approached hundreds of sellers like this & I don't think they, Fiverr, will be too happy being a data collection platform for any third party. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Dear Community,

We, Prof. Jennifer Hynes and Prof. Hasan Koç from Berlin, are conducting a study on the experiences of gig workers and their wellbeing.

As you know, platform work has seen significant growth worldwide in recent years, and this trend is expected to continue. Gig workers appreciate the flexibility and additional income provided by the platforms. However, they might face precarious working conditions due to digital surveillance, isolation, lack of support, and the absence of contractual relationships.

We would like to invite you to participate in our survey, which takes about 5-7 minutes to complete. The survey will ask you about your experiences as a gig worker, including your thoughts on the flexibility, income, and working conditions associated with platform work. Your participation in our survey would be greatly appreciated, as it will help us to better understand the challenges and opportunities facing gig workers.

The link to the survey is

[Link removed]

We would also be grateful if you could share this survey with other platform workers who may be interested in participating.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kind regards,

Hasan Koç

[Mod note: Links removed. Please read the forum rules.]

• Like 4

Are you a moderator? And if not, did you have permission from the moderator to do this survey? Since, you're collecting Fiverr seller's data (including income and their working hours), I don't think Fiverr will be too happy about it.

@frank_d I am not sure if it is allowed to take these type of surveys and collect data which redirect to third party websites, so please check and review it if it's allowed.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, hasanhessi said:

I would be happy to send you the survey link, if you are interested in participating.

6 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

Are you a moderator? And if not, did you have permission from the moderator to do this survey? Since, you're collecting Fiverr seller's data (including income and their working hours), I don't think Fiverr will be too happy about it.

@frank_d I am not sure if it is allowed to take these type of surveys and collect data which redirect to third party websites, so please check and review it if it's allowed.

As mentioned, he is sending survey link to interested folks only, who want to participate.

So its seller's wish, whether they share their analytics.

I think, its normal process where workers are interviewed...

Edit: my bad, yes found link in image, should be reported

Edited by grayprogrammerz
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, grayprogrammerz said:

As mentioned, he is sending survey link to interested folks only, who want to participate.

lmao, does that make any sense? I will post a file download link here containing malware and virus and you can still say "He's only sending the link to interested folks, who want to download that file."

He's making a public post so you can't say it was for 'interested folks only'.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

I will post a file download link here containing malware and virus and you can still say "He's only sending the link to interested folks, who want to download that file."

I expect fiverr seller knows to protect against malicious links

If they don't, they will doomed by fiverr inbox scammers either way, like in past

• Like 4

6 hours ago, hasanhessi said:

Dear Community,

We, Prof. Jennifer Hynes and Prof. Hasan Koç from Berlin, are conducting a study on the experiences of gig workers and their wellbeing.

As you know, platform work has seen significant growth worldwide in recent years, and this trend is expected to continue. Gig workers appreciate the flexibility and additional income provided by the platforms. However, they might face precarious working conditions due to digital surveillance, isolation, lack of support, and the absence of contractual relationships.

We would like to invite you to participate in our survey, which takes about 5-7 minutes to complete. The survey will ask you about your experiences as a gig worker, including your thoughts on the flexibility, income, and working conditions associated with platform work. Your participation in our survey would be greatly appreciated, as it will help us to better understand the challenges and opportunities facing gig workers.

I would be happy to send you the survey link, if you are interested in participating.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kind regards,

Hasan Koç

How much are you paying respondents to participate? 

• Like 4

I spoke to this guy before he posted here. I told him he needed permission from Fiverr to ask sellers to fill in surveys etc. He stated he had already contacted Fiverr and was told to post on forum @hasanhessi. If you were told by Fiverr what you told me, you would need to provide evidence of it. You can't just post links on the forum or contact sellers to click this link, or it will be removed (it has been). It could be malware.

• Like 3
  • Up 4

Calling all freelancers worldwide!
Be a part of history as we conduct a groundbreaking research on the freelancing sector!
Your thoughts and experiences hold immense value in shaping the future of freelancing. Your unique perspective can be a game-changer for the global freelancing community. Your input matters! 
Take just 5 minutes to contribute your ideas and insights. Together, we'll create a brighter freelancing landscape. Click the link below to make your mark!
[link removed]
#FreelancersUnite #GlobalImpact #GameChangers #BeHeard

[Mod note: link removed. Please read the forum rules.]

• Like 3
  • Confused 1