Your Favorite Quote?

smashradio

On 7/8/2022 at 5:13 PM, vickieito said:

"If at first you don't succeed, try to hide your astonishment." - Harry F. Banks

"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you're dead and rotten, either write the things worth reading, or do the things worth writing." - Benjamin Franklin

"I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." - Will Rogers

"Do a common thing in an uncommon way." - Booker T. Washington

"Some of us are like wheelbarrows - only useful when pushed, and very easily upset." - Jack Herbert

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton

"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not!" - Mark Twain

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps because it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Henry David Thoreau

"A kick in the rear is a step forward." - Anonymous

"When faced with a challenge, look for a way, not a way out." - David L. Weatherford

LOVEEE the 2nd one

• Like 16
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

My favorites are the following:

"If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary." - Jim Rohn

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life" - Steve Jobs

"Never give up. You only get one life. Go for it!" - Richard E. Grant

“He that can have patience can have what he will.” ―Benjamin Franklin

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." - Mark Twain

"If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present." - Roy T. Bennett

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

"Formal education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune." - Jim Rohn

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

- By Calvin Coolidge
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...