No Orders? Here Are 7 Updates You Can Make During The Slow Times

vickieito

• Lena locked this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 9/14/2022 at 2:49 AM, paolocasula said:

I have heard many sellers complaining how difficult is to level up on fiver! I just wanted to ask

It is a matter of how desirable your services and pricing are!

For me, getting to level 1 was much more difficult, as you start as nobody on these platforms. Level 1 to 2 was a breeze.

Clients want to see numbers. They want to see reviews. Even if you have a great portfolio, you have to first reel them in and then, convince them that you are indeed that good.

My two cents. 

• Like 33
  • Up 1

• 2 months later...

Thought of the day / a sermon of sense:

Stay active is bad advice.

Be productive instead.

image.thumb.png.27edee1a9becfb983ecc0017cfb493ae.png

versus:

image.thumb.png.d46935d9f67caaa3f367a4df79ac5fab.png

You're about to hire someone, do you want them to be active or productive?

Now think like Fiverr's code, do you show active or productive users to potential buyers?

If you think "being active" is going to help make sales, why are there so many people on the forums stating it doesn't work for them?

Today's big question: how can you make yourself more productive, so Fiverr views you as so, and shows you to more potential buyers? 

=> Definitely I will hire someone who is productive

Now think like Fiverr's code, do you show active or productive users to potential buyers?

=> 1st productivity then activity

If you think "being active" is going to help make sales, why are there so many people on the forums stating it doesn't work for them?

Today's big question: how can you make yourself more productive, so Fiverr views you as so, and shows you to more potential buyers? 

=> No alternative way to become a successful sellers, I have to practice daily basis, everyday try to learn a couple of new things...

• Like 91
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

Good point! I sometimes wonder what the people who preach "Active 24 hours!" do for all their waking time. Sit and stare at the computer hoping an order will show up? I doubt it... and certainly hope not. Occasionally get that impression though.

There are so very many things you can learn and do to build a freelance business successfully. Many potential actions aren't very productive. It's an important thing to learn and put into practice.

• Like 90
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/22/2022 at 9:34 AM, melanielm said:

Good point! I sometimes wonder what the people who preach "Active 24 hours!" do for all their waking time. Sit and stare at the computer hoping an order will show up? I doubt it... and certainly hope not. Occasionally get that impression though.

There are so very many things you can learn and do to build a freelance business successfully. Many potential actions aren't very productive. It's an important thing to learn and put into practice.

What do I have to learn to improve my productivity?

I already know my service niche and created my profile and gig to be nice and attractive but still, no regular sales, what more is expected of me?

Will appreciate it if you can share me experience 

• Like 82
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 9:49 AM, marketer_kunmi said:

I already know my service niche and created my profile and gig to be nice and attractive but still, no regular sales, what more is expected of me?

That is where being productive comes into the picture. You need to be able to learn/understand why you aren't getting sales. You might be a pro at what you do (or who knows, maybe you are just one of the tens of thousands who started on here because it is 'easy money', Fiverr won't know for sure until you have orders, BUT what is expected of you is simply being able to sell yourself, no matter which of the two you are. 

I had a quick look at your profile and you do marketing.

I personally would expect you to know your target audience and where to advertise yourself to be able to get orders (since, you know your niche.)

I am planning to run a blog/maybe a TikTok on the gripes (and joys) of being a narrative designer / writer to show the process. I also constantly hunt for new things I could do. Might only get a few gigs through those orders, but 1-2 extra over a regular monthly income (well, okay, regular-ish) that I already have is pretty dang welcome. 

Great post and I wish more people understood the difference! 

• Like 87
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, katakatica said:

Great post and I wish more people understood the difference! 

Thank you to you and @melanielm for being voices of reason, I forgot how posting can open a can of worms.

Likewise with the wishing, but 'the force' is still strong.

It's such a small thing, the difference of meaning between two words, but some folk just don't get it. 

I feel like I'm telling people to not drive off a cliff edge, and their response is "yeah, ok, I know, you got any gummy bears?" or "yeah, you're right, let's go faster!" - it ain't pretty.

15 hours ago, sajedul13 said:

Good luck

I've sent out a search party to find the point of your post, will let you know if we're successful.

18 hours ago, melanielm said:

I sometimes wonder what the people who preach "Active 24 hours!" do for all their waking time.

They're not aware of what sleep deprivation does to us:

and

Being active doesn't get any results.

Being productive gets results.

I can not put it any simpler.

If I decide to be 'active' today what will I achieve? 

The washing machine is on, daughter is on her way to College, I've done stuff. I've been active today but this doesn't help my business. None of these things put money in the bank. I could go for a run, that's active, but that wouldn't put any money in the bank either.

If active works, why is this immediate success not showing in my online banking?

If I decide to be 'productive' today what will I achieve?

The intent of 'productive' over 'active' in a psychological manner is profound, 'active' is like getting in a taxi with a destination to 'somewhere', productive is giving the driver the address you want to visit.

Active is as vague as thought, productive is a specific check list of actions. 

Please, nobody ask "what actions", they're as custom to you, as they are to each of us. 

I'm going to work on my checklist, being active here is not productive lol 

1. Networking with an old contact or two
  2. Grab a shower and shave to see if I like my face enough today for Gig image photoshoots
  3. Maybe some Canva graphics playing around if I get new headshots
  4. Work on scripts
  5. Order teleprompter for my Gig video
  6. Maybe start publishing the backbones of a new Gig - already been editing it offline for a few days now

Teleprompter ordered already, whilst it took money from my bank account, it's likely to help put more money in as the intent is to make my Gig videos, personal site and other profiles look more professional.

Anyone can be active and get nowhere, reloading pages doesn't do anything, nor does posting here, being productive is taking actionable steps towards a specific destination, it needs intent, focus and execution. 

Active is as vague as thought, productive is a specific check list of actions. 

To add to this - being productive includes specific actions that lead to desired results. It's measurable. If the action is not leading to the desired results, then you are just being actively busy. So to be productive, you need to know two things: 1) What is my goal? and 2) Am I getting closer to my goal (or away from it)?

Then, you do the things that bring you closer to your goals and eliminate those that are counterproductive.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 82
  • Thanks 2

On 11/23/2022 at 2:39 PM, raisul_mina said:

Staying active is Fiverr's best policy.

I take it that you didn't read any of the posts above?  Clearly the sleep deprivation from staring at a screen 24/7 is starting to take effect on you.

There seems to be a whole bunch of freelancers that are slowly turning into zombies from a lack of shut eye.  They are probably walking around aimlessly like a herd from Walking Dead looking for the last remaining buyer request🙂 

Add a heading - 2022-11-24T010113.150.png

• Like 62
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 2

Thought of the day / a sermon of sense: Stay active is bad advice. Be productive instead.

Haha, well sayed. But Active is a common word & easy to understand. 

• Like 63
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Complete big priced orders and a bigger number of them within a short time. This will make sellers more productive to Fiverr. In addition to that, the sellers have to deliver in a shorter time, like way ahead of the deadline, for Fiverr to mark them as productive.

So you also have to be more active to be productive. Active as in working harder. 😃  

• Like 60
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think both are necessary. If we have some tasks and those are pending then we have to be active to finish the pending work. And if we don't have pending tasks then we have to invovle ourselves in some productive work like setting your profile, learning new skills to keep yourselves productive. But never set at idle mood when you don't have work to do. 

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this is something easy but that many don't know: how to use the Top Keywords tool!

This tool lets you find the 10 Top Keywords used to reach one of your GIGs, considering the impressions, clicks, orders etc etc

There's a lot that can be studied, but the most important thing probably, is that you need:

1) to use those keywords inside the title of your GIG, to increase the impressions

2) doing the same for the tags, BUT (important), to have the best effect you must include (in the tags) keywords not used in the title, so to have a broader effect!

• Like 44
  • Thanks 4