Logo Design Using Clipart Off Etsy

laurielee519

I was so excited to see what I thought was going to be my original logo - only to find that it's comprised of clipart off Etsy that is for sale for anyone wanting to use it. The logo design I paid for is nothing more than a drag and drop - which I could have done myself. Is this acceptable for logo design in Fiverr? I was under the impression the logos would be designed as originals. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1

Ignore my comment! I stand corrected.

(Left this here since it was linked to. Thanks Mariashtelle1)

It all depends on the seller, their gig description, and their skill level, I suppose. If their gig description said they hand drew/designed the graphics or something like that, you may have cause to complain. There is no overreaching standard guidelines that cover all sellers, however.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 11
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, laurielee519 said:

Is this acceptable for logo design in Fiverr? I was under the impression the logos would be designed as originals.

It is absolutely not acceptable. The seller that delivered that logo is breaking fiverr TOS. 
Send a cancellation dispute if your order is still open. And if not then contact fiverr support reporting that’s Elmer with a link to the logo that they stole and asking for a refund. 

Also just out of curiosity: how much did you pay for it? 
Unfortunately a lot of sellers are trying to game a system and some don’t even have a basic understanding of a logo design and how copyrights law works, so you need to vet your sellers and if something looks too good to be true for the price then probably it is a scam

• Like 11
  • Up 4

Just now, melanielm said:

their gig description said they hand drew/designed the graphics or something like that, you may have cause to complain. There is no overreaching standard guidelines that cover all sellers, however.

For logo design there is, as per fiverr TOS all work should be strictly original for logos and no use of images, clipart or stock images are allowed for a logo design category. 

• Like 11
  • Up 5

I have a follow up question - I received from the designers profile this message. Is this something that will happen? I just wanted to make sure that the designer didn't send this made up message when there is no team actually working on my logo. Does this happen and does the head of the team send messages through others profiles? Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 4.15.57 PM.png

• Like 6
  • Up 2

I think this should be stated on a seller profile if their are team or not. Fiverr is rather for single person - freelancer not

sure if working as a team is allowed check the Terms of Service. Anyway there is no way you can know for sure

if its a team or not - I guess you can request a videocall if you are bussiness client, maybe 

it will be easier to communicate that way and see the face/person behind this words. Anyway it's good to give someone a second chance.

There is a chance this is actually talented designer who made bad decision, mistake because of something we dont know.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, debasis23 said:

Okay so this does not violate copyright laws as much as I know.

Then you should know better especially when you offer logo designs yourself and as I can see you are also using stock images in your designs which is against fiverr TOS. 
In logo design category you are not allowed to use any clipart or stock images even as part of the design, and it’s not only for registering a design you are just not allowed to do it AT ALL. 
And on your place I would’ve make yourself familiar with copyrights law for logo design or at least read fiverr TOS because you yourself break fiverr rules 🤦‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Up 4

8 hours ago, laurielee519 said:

I have a follow up question - I received from the designers profile this message. Is this something that will happen? I just wanted to make sure that the designer didn't send this made up message when there is no team actually working on my logo.

To be honest doesn’t sound very reassuring, one in the hospital, another one dealing with grief and nowhere they said on the profile that they are a team. And no matter what they are dealing with it should never affect you, if they are going through so many things all at the same time they can pause their profile, that’s not an excuse to send you stolen material. 

To be honest I wouldn’t e trust them to deliver the original hand drawn unique logo to you. They might just take another clipart to put together that is more difficult to find on the internet. So the trust there is already broken. And creating new fully original logo within 24 hours? Well, possible but also doesn’t sound great. 

If you want, you can wait 24 hours but for me the trust is already broken. 

• Like 7
  • Up 4

I have a follow up question - I received from the designers profile this message. Is this something that will happen? I just wanted to make sure that the designer didn't send this made up message when there is no team actually working on my logo. Does this happen and does the head of the team send messages through others profiles? Thank you! 

Do not fall for this. This is an incredibly common lie on Fiverr, unfortunately. Dealing with grief isn't a reason to do something like this - in that case, they could have messaged you to extend the delivery time or cancel if they were not up to the job. I would strongly suggest you cancel the order and don't interact with them further. When I've bought from sellers who have done a bad job, and then they insisted on redoing the work, I've had projects take far, far too long and still end up bad because the seller wasn't professional to begin with.

It's too much money for a gamble like that. I think you should look for a different seller. 

• Like 7
  • Up 3

17 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Then you should know better especially when you offer logo designs yourself and as I can see you are also using stock images in your designs which is against fiverr TOS. 
In logo design category you are not allowed to use any clipart or stock images even as part of the design, and it’s not only for registering a design you are just not allowed to do it AT ALL. 
And on your place I would’ve make yourself familiar with copyrights law for logo design or at least read fiverr TOS because you yourself break fiverr rules 🤦‍♀️

well I do understand but I have mentioned that we can use some PATTERNS (like leaf, Emblems, ribbons etc) on vintage stuff (not direct cliparts or stock images from google). And in my profile some of my gig samples are templates which I have got years back and it is approved by Fiverr's editorial team which they asked for. I provided them the Source files of my designs along with premium License of the designs which includes copyrights for fair use.

But if the buyer is not satisfied or happy with the work, then he/she can raise a dispute and cancel the order as simple as that.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, debasis23 said:

but I have mentioned that we can use some PATTERNS (like leaf, Emblems, ribbons etc) on vintage stuff

No, you can not. Did you read fiverr TOS? It clearly says there that all work has to be original and no patterns, emblems or ribbons or anything like that can be used in a logo design. 

• Like 7
  • Up 2

On 6/29/2022 at 9:20 PM, laurielee519 said:

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 4.15.57 PM.png

Unless the order was placed through a Fiverr Studio account, your contract is with Kevin and only Kevin. I run a Fiverr Studio Account and lead 4 other designers. Though all the responsibilities are on me. Nothing gets sent but only on my direction.

• Like 7