Jump to content

Fiverr Option you desperately want


Recommended Posts

There are several options that are missing from the Fiverr Platforms, one of them is the Hourly System to charge the customers. I believe that Fiverr should introduce the hourly system. There are many clients which wanted me to charge them per hour, but I couldn't do that because we don't have any option in Fiverr.

What other options that you guys think Fiverr should have?

  • Like 19
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, rabia_sabir said:

There are several options that are missing from the Fiverr Platforms, one of them is the Hourly System to charge the customers. I believe that Fiverr should introduce the hourly system. There are many clients which wanted me to charge them per hour, but I couldn't do that because we don't have any option in Fiverr.

What other options that you guys think Fiverr should have?

You sort of have an option to charge by the hour. You send an offer for a specific amount of time, and voila. So let's say the client wishes to hire you for 10 hours. You set up an offer charging for 10 hours. If you don't know how long it's gonna take, you could always do it in multiple small orders. The thing is, hourly pay is tricky. People prefer to know what they are getting for their money, and they have no way to control that you're actually working for the agreed upon time. 

Whenever a client has asked me to work for an hourly rate, I simply respond that I prefer a fixed rate per project. Then, if more work is needed, we can always discuss amendments later on. 

In my experience, if you're paid after the fact because you are working on an hourly rate, you're at risk of not getting paid. I've experienced this a couple of times. Better to have a secure amount of money for a secure amount of work in escrow.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 17
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

You sort of have an option to charge by the hour. You send an offer for a specific amount of time, and voila. So let's say the client wishes to hire you for 10 hours. You set up an offer charging for 10 hours. If you don't know how long it's gonna take, you could always do it in multiple small orders. The thing is, hourly pay is tricky. People prefer to know what they are getting for their money, and they have no way to control that you're actually working for the agreed upon time. 

Whenever a client has asked me to work for an hourly rate, I simply respond that I prefer a fixed rate per project. Then, if more work is needed, we can always discuss amendments later on. 

In my experience, if you're paid after the fact because you are working on an hourly rate, you're at risk of not getting paid. I've experienced this a couple of times. Better to have a secure amount of money for a secure amount of work in escrow.

You're totally right at this, but the joy of an automation that other platforms provide like upwor, that's something a very good thing. Anyways, thanks for the input

  • Like 14
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want to be able to mark myself as "Laid Back" or "Non-Urgent" or something, and then Fiverr doesn't apply metric punishments from interactions with me. Like, I don't like that Fiverr is applying pressure/stress with stuff like Response Rates expectations that I don't have myself. Let me add it to the Shared Information gallery, if we want sellers to know so much about me so badly. "Expected Response Time Modifier: +72hrs no penalty", "Accepts Seller-Initiated Disputes (Due Date Extension): Yes, Up to +30 Days no penalty". Shenanigans like that.

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, moikchap said:

I want to be able to mark myself as "Laid Back" or "Non-Urgent" or something, and then Fiverr doesn't apply metric punishments from interactions with me. Like, I don't like that Fiverr is applying pressure/stress with stuff like Response Rates expectations that I don't have myself. Let me add it to the Shared Information gallery, if we want sellers to know so much about me so badly. "Expected Response Time Modifier: +72hrs no penalty", "Accepts Seller-Initiated Disputes (Due Date Extension): Yes, Up to +30 Days no penalty". Shenanigans like that.

Another thing I'd like to add to it, When we extend the delivery or perform similar task in Resolution center, Fiverr calls it a dispute & sometime the clients with some high temper, they calls out, WHY YOU OPENED THE DISPUTE ON ORDER lol.. SO I think they should use some comfortable language. This is just a suggestion

  • Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rabia_sabir said:

There are several options that are missing from the Fiverr Platforms, one of them is the Hourly System to charge the customers. I believe that Fiverr should introduce the hourly system. There are many clients which wanted me to charge them per hour, but I couldn't do that because we don't have any option in Fiverr.

What other options that you guys think Fiverr should have?

I believe we should have ability to send a calendar invite. 

  • Like 9
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, rabia_sabir said:

I think they should use some comfortable language

I forget the traditional term for it... Work Order Change Request? But, I think that was my reaction the first time I got a 'dispute' too, like "Wait, what did I do? Did I set something incorrectly? Did I forget something? Did my credit card fail?" but it was just that the guy needed more time because of scheduling issues related to his university courses.

  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ability to have total project cost and delivery time increased based on multiple gigs ordered.

Right now, people could order 100 of my basic gig and at the delivery time stays the same as if they had ordered one of my basic gigs. This needs to change. For services that charge per unit (per word for writing, per minute for voiceovers maybe?), It would be amazing to have an ordering system where the buyer can plug in exactly how many units they want and have the price and delivery time adjusted automatically based on our settings.

  • Like 13
  • Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same answer as always, same issue that @melanielm, @donnovan86, and, no doubt, many others in "Writing & Translation" have, my main pain point is still not being able to limit or turn off Gig multiples, respectively have them, and specific Gig Extras behave in a logical way, auto-increasing delivery time of orders and amounts and price for Extras according to the number of multiples ordered.

My Gig set-up is limited by this issue, for some people, it causes unnecessary cancellations, and I eventually gave up on Gig Extras, as well as several Gig(set-up idea)s, due to this.

  • Like 16
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, moikchap said:

I want to be able to mark myself as "Laid Back" or "Non-Urgent" or something, and then Fiverr doesn't apply metric punishments from interactions with me. Like, I don't like that Fiverr is applying pressure/stress with stuff like Response Rates expectations that I don't have myself. Let me add it to the Shared Information gallery, if we want sellers to know so much about me so badly. "Expected Response Time Modifier: +72hrs no penalty", "Accepts Seller-Initiated Disputes (Due Date Extension): Yes, Up to +30 Days no penalty". Shenanigans like that.

I doubt it will become a thing, but it's a really nice idea, maybe with an accompany "badge" in form of a palm tree or something 😉

While I'm mainly a seller (with, probably like all of us, a laid-back customer here or there who orders a 24-hour Gig and writes that it's not urgent, please take your time, a week or two is fine, probably not even realizing that the ticking Fiverr clock is a very real thing for sellers), I've messaged two sellers I'd bought from to ask if they don't want to request a time extension, when it became apparent that they'd not deliver on time.

I wasn't in any kind of hurry, and apparently got anxious about their delivered-on-time rating on their behalf 😅 also, from forum reading, knew that many sellers aren't even aware of that option, so I wanted to let them know I'd be fine with an extension. 

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, miiila said:

my main pain point is still not being able to limit or turn off Gig multiples, respectively have them, and specific Gig Extras behave in a logical way, auto-increasing delivery time of orders and amounts and price for Extras according to the number of multiples ordered.

Frank said that he already shared this with people within Fiverr and I guess they are working on it. As you know, I am one of the major advocates behind this idea. I honestly think it's a necessity. For writers it's quite common to have customers placing bulk orders without consent, this would limit that. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I only want an "Accept" button for those who just put some orders without asking, not even matching any of my gigs, or not putting enough information for me to start.

A buyer comes, gives me a good for nothing description and leaves. Not answering my questions or whatnot. And time is ticking. That is horrible. If i do it, it wont be a good job, if i cancel it, it will destroy my stats. There is no good way to get out of it. Some people dont even look at the gig pricing. They ask 5 characters in the same scene with colors, while the package offers 1 without colors. That just harms me.

That would solve many, many problems mentioned before me. And if you want to keep track of it, you can just put some timer on the "accept" and "decline" buttons for them to effect your response rate.

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I would love is for Fiverr to stop treating all cancellations as a problematic metric. We are sellers and we want to make money. I understand that cancellations lead to bad customer experience on the platform as a whole but attaching a blanket metric onto them ties our hands.

If we can't have a "reject order" button, then the cancellation system needs to be smarter. If a buyer and I cancel mutually within a certain timeframe, then I shouldn't see an impact on my metrics. If I tell a buyer that their request doesn't fit my gig, then I should have a system that gives me more control, not the other way around. When was the last time you walked into a shoe shop, demanding frozen yogurt and sat on the floor until the shop obliged? 

A user's experience is also defined by their own interpretation of a system. We can do our best to write up gig descriptions that are clear but some buyers are just that impatient and place orders without thinking. There are also language issues to consider here. 

On 6/3/2022 at 12:41 AM, moikchap said:

I forget the traditional term for it... Work Order Change Request? But, I think that was my reaction the first time I got a 'dispute' too, like "Wait, what did I do? Did I set something incorrectly? Did I forget something? Did my credit card fail?" but it was just that the guy needed more time because of scheduling issues related to his university courses.

The day this site overhauls its passive-aggressive language, I'm popping open a bottle of champagne 😄 

  • Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait since people are asking for this, I want to ask a question! How does the queue system work? If there is no actual queue system, I would really like a queue system ;w;

Lets say there are three people in queue ordering in my gig. It takes me about a week to complete one order, so I put on my gig as 7 days delivery. Does the day countdown start from as soon as they order, or as soon as I deliver the one I'm working on and I start working for the person next in the queue? If it is the first option does that mean I have to work for three orders simultaneously in a week? O_O

Oh, maybe a "limit order in queue for all my gigs" option, so there is a limit for how many orders in queue I can get altogether regardless of the gig 😮 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, nomuffinsforyou said:

Does the day countdown start from as soon as they order

Yes.

50 minutes ago, nomuffinsforyou said:

If it is the first option does that mean I have to work for three orders simultaneously in a week?

It means you have to deliver all orders before their respective deadlines, with the countdown starting as soon as the order is placed.

If you can only work on one order per week, you can use Availability Mode to make yourself unavailable as soon as you get one order, and then make yourself available again when that one order is marked as complete.

  • Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, yannisenglish said:

What I would love is for Fiverr to stop treating all cancellations as a problematic metric. We are sellers and we want to make money. I understand that cancellations lead to bad customer experience on the platform as a whole but attaching a blanket metric onto them ties our hands.

If we can't have a "reject order" button, then the cancellation system needs to be smarter. If a buyer and I cancel mutually within a certain timeframe, then I shouldn't see an impact on my metrics. If I tell a buyer that their request doesn't fit my gig, then I should have a system that gives me more control, not the other way around. When was the last time you walked into a shoe shop, demanding frozen yogurt and sat on the floor until the shop obliged? 

A user's experience is also defined by their own interpretation of a system. We can do our best to write up gig descriptions that are clear but some buyers are just that impatient and place orders without thinking. There are also language issues to consider here. 

The day this site overhauls its passive-aggressive language, I'm popping open a bottle of champagne 😄 

That is something I always think of, when I get a strange client and orders automatically. Once there was a client, he literally fought during the conversation and then ordered me just to tell me a lesson. And cancelled the order next day, and he did this thrice. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rabia_sabir said:

That is something I always think of, when I get a strange client and orders automatically. Once there was a client, he literally fought during the conversation and then ordered me just to tell me a lesson. And cancelled the order next day, and he did this thrice. 

Whoa, that's what I like to call a psycho move

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, lalitsdmittal said:

I want to stop the tik tik of the clock if buyer failed to give proper requirements or delaying it.

Definitely it should, how we as a group fiverr to discuss these?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ozan_erdi said:

I only want an "Accept" button for those who just put some orders without asking, not even matching any of my gigs, or not putting enough information for me to start.

A buyer comes, gives me a good for nothing description and leaves. Not answering my questions or whatnot. And time is ticking. That is horrible. If i do it, it wont be a good job, if i cancel it, it will destroy my stats. There is no good way to get out of it. Some people dont even look at the gig pricing. They ask 5 characters in the same scene with colors, while the package offers 1 without colors. That just harms me.

That would solve many, many problems mentioned before me. And if you want to keep track of it, you can just put some timer on the "accept" and "decline" buttons for them to effect your response rate.

"I totally understand the fraustration" this is something Fiverr support starts when you request a resolution for such a thing lol 😂

by the way, cancellation is the only option. I know it hurts the metrics but still it's better than hanging on with that useless order

  • Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I know this might sound too much. I'd love a memo option where you can leave a memo to yourself. I have an excel file for this reason but a memo would save time to me and boost productivity as orders are increasing.

In example, if I found a couple of URLS that I must read instead or having an idea, instread of using excel, bookmarks a memo would save time.

 

 

Edited by corsogr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, corsogr said:

I know this might sound too much. I'd love a memo option where you can leave a memo to yourself. I have an excel file for this reason but a memo would save time to me and boost productivity as orders are increasing.

In example, if I found a couple of URLS that I must read instead or having an idea, instread of using excel, bookmarks a memo would save time.

 

 

Fiverr has a quick note option inside the order page. Isn't that useful? I don't know much about it, but I use it alot to have a better memory while gathering the useful information from a looooooong chat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...