What is your favourite pizza topping?

katakatica

So, the story goes, I might have partied a bit too hard over the weekend! We found an arcade bar with decently priced drinks (but half of the games were broken!)

It's VERY rare for me to crave Pizza Hut. There are so many better pizzas (even up here in Stockholm!), but yeah, I felt like I NEEDED Pizza Hut yesterday. So that's what ended up being dinner.

Here's the thing: Sweden generally seems to have some interesting pizza topping choices. I have heard rumours of bananas being on pizzas (which is... interesting), and I've seen kebab pizzas (and some other funky stuff.), but I'm almost sure we don't have the CRAZIEST stuff here (hotdogs and fries on pizza is a thing in Italy, after all.) 

Here's the question: what is your favourite topping on pizza, and what's the craziest pizza topping you've eaten? 

I think the craziest for me was… durian. Strawberries/other fruits in China were nothing compared to that experience! 

2 hours ago, katakatica said:

It's VERY rare for me to crave Pizza Hut

I keep hearing that from people... Am I the only one who actually likes Pizza Hut?

what is your favourite topping on pizza

Mozzarella, ham and mushrooms combo. I enjoy pineapple on pizza, too.

what's the craziest pizza topping you've eaten?

I don't remember eating any toppings I'd consider crazy.

25 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Am I the only one who actually likes Pizza Hut?

In the US I prefer Domino's (which apparently seems even less popular(?) but here in the EU I usually go for Italian style pizza. Pizza hut has this... fried base here? (I reckon at least near DC. it was 'regular' pizza, just square). It's tasty, but the smallest pizza is enough to fill me up because of how heavy the crust is. Not sure if that's a Sweden thing though as I haven't really seen this in other countries either.

I like pineapple on pizza as well to be honest! Not other fruit though!

2 hours ago, gdaydesign_au said:

and the craziest pizza topping I have eaten is Nutella.  

Strawberries AND nutella would be nice I think! The pizza I had I - think - had one of those canned fruit mixes AND strawberries on it with cheese and ham(?). Kind of strange experience haha. 

1 hour ago, spaintranslator said:

banana curry pizza

Apparently THIS is the pizza I was referring to as well. I've never seen it on menus but kind of want to try it... Kind of scared, though!

3 hours ago, katakatica said:

In the US I prefer Domino's (which apparently seems even less popular(?) but here in the EU I usually go for Italian style pizza. Pizza hut has this... fried base here? (I reckon at least near DC. it was 'regular' pizza, just square). It's tasty, but the smallest pizza is enough to fill me up because of how heavy the crust is. Not sure if that's a Sweden thing though as I haven't really seen this in other countries either.

I like pineapple on pizza as well to be honest! Not other fruit though!

Strawberries AND nutella would be nice I think! The pizza I had I - think - had one of those canned fruit mixes AND strawberries on it with cheese and ham(?). Kind of strange experience haha. 

Apparently THIS is the pizza I was referring to as well. I've never seen it on menus but kind of want to try it... Kind of scared, though!

3 hours ago, katakatica said:

It is popular in Sweeden.

I use to like Pizza Hut most, but ate more Little Caesars in high school, because there was one literally next door to the school, and it was on the same side as the cafeteria. In 2009 (thx Google) Dominos ran their "Oh yes we did" campaign and I've liked Dominos more ever since. Not to say I don't like Pizza Hut, just that I like Dominos more.

10 hours ago, spaintranslator said:

I prefer wood-fired oven pizza.

Me too.

I had my first Domino's pizza just this week to test them out. I ordered half pepperoni and half Canadian bacon and pineapple. It was their hand-tossed crust, and I found it to be okay.
My favorite pizza is Howard's, but I think it is only a Montana thing. I like their thin and crispy crust the best. My favorite topping is green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and black olives.

So I leave you all alone for a coupe hours and I come back to "Pineapple, banana and strawberries" on pizza?  Please with all due respect, if you are going to desecrate the pizza that way, let's refer to it as flatbread.  This is why we can't have nice things. 

This is pizza.

atk-49.jpg

The most important thing for me on pizza is the cheese has to be stretchy when i take the pizza slice out >u<

I have never heard of pizza with like, fruit other than pineapple! Or even with Nutella! A sweet dessert pizza sounds really interesting! (I'm not sure if I want to try it >u<)

22 minutes ago, newsmike said:

So I leave you all alone for a coupe hours and I come back to "Pineapple, banana and strawberries" on pizza? 

I wanted to comment pineapples for fun, and hope you randomly come by my comment haha! Assuming you have pizza wrecker radar on you! 🤣

I echo with @donnovan86 ....this topic is making me so hungry! Pizza is my ultimate comfort food.

As @nomuffinsforyou said, it is all about the cheese - it has to be gooey and stretchy. I like a mix of four cheeses. Cheese embedded in the crust is also a nice treat!

And mushrooms! ... @gdaydesign_au I couldn't agree more!

Sorry, @newsmike & @vickiespencer ... you both have more class than me! I am willing to throw anything on a crust and call it 'pizza'!

@katakatica, Japan sounds like Sweden. There are a lot of different toppings that they throw on pizza.  Anything goes! My favorite pizza uniquely found in Japan is burdock and carrots (cut julienne-style) on a thin-crust with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and savory sauce. They have a variety of seafood pizzas which is fun because I can't identify everything that they throw on there. They taste good though.

@spaintranslator, I would love to try the banana curry pizza!

@catwriter & @imagination7413 since I love pizza, I like Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Papa John's, Lil' Caesar's, Brick Oven Pizza, and Big Daddy Pizza (kind of gross tasting after 20 minutes, but the pizza is 24" and easily feeds 15 kids or more). Sometimes I'm in a greasy mood, other times brick-oven pizzas appeal to me. If I have a sweet tooth, I can have a dessert pizza.

@visualstudios, I could eat pizza every day, too. 😍

5 hours ago, newsmike said:

This is pizza.

See, yes.

But it's fun to trigger the pizza-maffia.

(also, I will say... pineapples on American-style pizza with ham are still tasty enough.) But this fruit down there on pizza with heaps of cheese? Takes the cake (well, pizza.)

Not...in a pleasant way, though.

image.png.e5ff1bbdef5365a70d7f6edb41bbad7d.png

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

They have a variety of seafood pizzas which is fun because I can't identify everything that they throw on there. They taste good though.

That's kind of how I was in China, to be honest, though most pizzas had fruit I couldn't recognize that well haha. I've been to a Japanese restaurant that served pizza (I think this was in Beijing) and they surely had some fun picks!

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Sometimes I'm in a greasy mood, other times brick-oven pizzas appeal to me. If I have a sweet tooth, I can have a dessert pizza.

That's how I am sometimes I think. Like, I prefer Naples-style pizza on most days, but sometimes.... it has to be greasy, cheap and CHEESY. 

Well, well, well...
I'm Italian, from Napoli. Pizza should be kinda sacred to me - and it is but I'll be kind with you and just ignore the "fruit on pizza" heresy.
Just joking, put whatever you want on a pizza. But don't call it pizza. Joking again. You can have your pizza with strawberries, I'll have sushi with tomato sauce 😄

My favorite topping is the classic margherita with mozzarella but I also like the Diavola (I'm attaching its pic - it's made with salami, mozzarella and tomato sauce). 
I also like the deep fried pizza - it's called "pizza fritta" 😄
Craziest topping wasn't that crazy...I just had a pizza with Nutella, sorry I'm too Italian for anything else ahah
I like my pizza with fluffy crust and a lot of basil - yummy&fresh! 

diavola.jpg

Archived