Strange contact messages on Telegram, is this normal?

alienone12

You guys have really spoken well, and I warmly welcome the new members here. Feel free to talk and ask questions from us here. Basically there are spammers here on fiverr, but you dont have to worry about them, the point just have strong hope, be consistent with fiverr activites and lastly stay updated.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

Hi @awais___786

If you think you came in contact with a fraud, please send an email to our CS or send me a message and report them. Send us all the details and screenshots, if you have any.

That is one of the ways to prevent them from scamming good and hardworking people here on Fiverr. 

Thank you.  

• Like 34
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Besides being unsafe working outside Fiverr (many sellers were scammed this way), it violates rules because moving your business outside Fiverr when at the same time you use Fiverr to get buyers is, logically, not permitted. The opposite is allowed, to advertise your Fiverr gigs outside Fiverr to get them to our platform.

• Like 1

First of all, generally, having conversation with a buyer outside of Fiverr communication toll (Fiverr Platform message) is prohibited.

So, avoid contacting buyers outside of Fiverr.

And the work details you shared, most people reported this is actually a scam!

Stay aware of this kind of proposals.

• Like 5

Thank you sir Seven. I was just curious because I have been receiving messages like this when I first published my gig, a few days ago.  I was almost tempted to accept their job offers because of their too good to be true offered payment for a simple task but knowing that they do not want to transact in the Fiverr platform, it sounds suspicious to me and I decline the job offer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, johnpaulbalanza said:

I kept receiving messages of buyers offering jobs by contacting them through Telegram and they want to pay me a huge amount for a simple task of translating text images to Word document.  Is this a scam?

If you receive this kind of messages, mark them as spam.

• Like 1

I believe that it's a planned scam. The only intention of that person is to lure you to join in telegram with him and make a conversation out of Fiverr. Having a conversation outside of Fiverr is strictly against Fiverr TOS. I would like to just report and block them immediately. When we are on the internet not only on this platform, we have to be very careful about them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quynh_nguyen93 said:

Hey guys, just a quick question. Are job offers through the Telegram platform considered scams? I’ve been getting quite a few in my inbox.

Any encouragement to work or message outside the platform is not allowed and is against ToS even if the buyers is not scam, use the platform for your own safety and consider all such messages as scam by default,. You may also send a report so that account gets banned. the only thing you can share in some specific circumstances is your email for follow ups or sharing large files with we transfer (which I generally do not recommend it either).

• Like 10

You probably don't think about gig advertising through Telegram ? Otherwise, it's a 99% scam. Scammers are on all kinds of social networks, but Telegram is probably the worst because you can post almost anything there since there is no control.

Many of these "job offers", ask you to deposit some money, and after some easy work, you will get your money back and earn a lot more.

• Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey yall, I'm new on fiverr. I've noticed a lot of scammers from Nigeria (it shows on their profile) joining Fiverr and immediately being like

"Great job you can make $3850 message me on TEL

EGR

AM 

at @randomusername" 

anyone else noticed this? It's so annoying. Some of them are much more sophisticatedt too. Today I thought I was about to get my first gig from this Canadian guy who needed editing for an e book and then after a few promising messages back and forth, he was like 

"message me on TE

LEG

RAM"

So annoying. And they're really pushy when I say "no, i only operate on fiverr."

• Like 10
  • Sad 4

Hi @brynalimarshall

We understand those scam messages are annoying and trust me that we understand the frustration caused by spamming and we take it seriously. That's why we are working tirelessly to prevent it from occurring. We are doing everything in our power to make your experience as spam-free as possible. Please report them immediately. We appreciate all the help we can get from our users. 

Thank you. 

• Like 19
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1