Strange contact messages on Telegram, is this normal?

alienone12

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm Davide, and I started offering my Gigs since April 2022
But it is the second time in a few days, that I have been contacted via messaging, with strange messages telling me to contact them on Telegram for job offers, is this normal?
What should be done in these cases?

Sorry so much for the trivial question, but I don't really know the reality of this platform how it works.

Thanks to those who participate and respond to this topic.

D.

• Like 54
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 3

According to Fiverr policy, you need to keep the conversation only within the fiverr platform.

Also do not share personal contact information or contact someone outside of fiverr platform.

And contacting outside can bring trouble for you and maybe you will be scammed.

Edited by seven_sign
  • Like 45
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

Communicating with client outside the Fiverr is out of the terms. Wherever face that tell them straight away and report them. I had faced those too. Most of the buyer request are spam. Without any information about they actually want, they post buyer request and try to attract sellers.

• Like 22

You will start to find pattern

like they are using google translate, and always has western name when they are located in Asian or African country, talk as if he/she part of the larger company, wants to discuss further in telegram or send weird phishing link that looks like badly done google e-mail.

• Like 21

Hi Davide, You know that Contact out of Fiverr violate TOS of fiverr. As you don't know what is going on this platform, I am sharing my personal experience. People who directly telegram or WhatsApp undoubtedly they are spammers. You can find this spammers every steps on Fiverr. Fiverr team ban their account every day but they create new accounts and do their job again and again. If you see the "buyer request" option, 90% are from fake buyer ( my category is SMM and design). Don't deal with suspicious people, people who offer huge amount with little job. However, we are are used with this and doing great business with good peoples. Best wishes for you!

• Like 42
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

Report the messages. It's a really annoying spam/scam wave, thankfully it wasn't normal, but lately it kind of is. I hardly see anything else on BR, get hardly anything else as Briefs, and also get them directly in my Messages. And it's not just spam. As one can also guess from most of their messages, someone who had actually replied to some of them on telegram, has posted on the forum, and said he worked for them, without ever seeing any money (of course).

• Like 43
  • Thanks 2

Never respond to those messages. They are from scammers who can steal your personal information or lure you to work outside Fiverr and never pay you for the work. Once you receive a message with any contact details outside Fiverr, simply report the account. They targeted you because you are a new seller who can easily be manipulated because you are looking for that first sale.

• Like 31
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5

You should not communicate with a buyer out of Fiverr. It's not safe and also it's against the TOS of Fiverr. You should avoid those messages or people who want to go against TOS. If it's repeatable you can contact with Fiverr support team or report the message.

• Like 33
  • Up 2

I got a similar thing from the so called Umicore company. I stopped when they asked me what bank I used. I said I wasn't comfortable answering and then the telegram chat went silent for 6 minutes. SCAM surely. I left and deleted the telegram app. Annoying most definitely. Took about 1 hour of my life!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

I am experiencing this too, it is so annoying and getting on my nerves. I get up to 4 messages from them claiming to be from one company or the other, asking me to message them on telegram or WhatsApp. I do tell them I'm not interested.

But it is annoying, because as a new seller, I am always looking forward to my first messages and all I got was this spam message from these spammers. It's annoying and disappointing at the same time! 

• Like 32

Hi, they wanted to contact me the same way.
I went to telegram with interest, I should note that I did not intend to continue to work in a non platform, I suspected that this is a scam and I was just curious about the methods of work of this scam.
In the beginning I was asked a couple of questions and I answered them, answering them on purpose very poorly.
But for all that, I approached them, later I was sent several projects with the highest check to choose from, they say choose what you want, but know that 2 and 5 of the project is busy.
I deliberately called 5 and 8 of the project, (While 5 of the project busy) after I wrote that I could proceed to work, but I would have to sign a contract in which I pledge to make a deposit of $ 50

I reviewed the document, googled the company that the employee was presented, eventually googled that fraudsters masqueraded as a real design agency with good reviews, the only difference was that the company name was an extra word, this was done so that you would think that they are the same company with good reviews, but only its subsidiary.

Further I noticed that in the contract which was sent to me it was not specified what would happen in case of failure of work deadlines, and this is very strange.

I ended up asking all the tricky questions to the employee and was safely poisoned to the blacklist XD

The bottom line is that I personally do not recommend switching to telegram, for 98% of the fraud, and also advise to google all about the companies that introduced themselves as employees, because I am sure you can write the same message on LinkedIn and there transition to telegram will not sound strange, on this highly recommended very carefully read the contracts and google as much as possible. It is also advised to ask tricky questions, if the person is not a crook, he easily answer your questions without delay.

• Like 26

On 4/22/2022 at 12:32 AM, alienone12 said:

Hi everyone,

But it is the second time in a few days, that I have been contacted via messaging, with strange messages telling me to contact them on Telegram for job offers, is this normal?

Sorry so much for the trivial question, but I don't really know the reality of this platform how it works.

D.

Report the buyer massage. Those are spammer.

• Like 26

On 4/21/2022 at 7:32 PM, alienone12 said:

Hi everyone,

D.

Hi, I have been experiencing this scam since two days ago.  I block the profiles after reporting them to fiverr.com.  Never conduct a conversation outside fiverr.com

• Like 16

On 4/22/2022 at 12:32 AM, alienone12 said:

Hi everyone,

D.

Never response to those messages. Once you receive a message with any contact details outside Fiverr, simply report the account. They targeted you because you are a new seller who can easily be manipulated because you are looking for that first sale.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Contacts outside fiverr are not allowed and are usually scam, that's sure. But what I am curious to know is, how these telegram scammers can froud us? Do they send virus, malawares to steal our data through links and images? What is the risk they represent if we try to contact one of them for curiosity? 

• Like 10