Calling on the artists here!~ Would love to see what you've got to show.

sesoru

6 hours ago, zeus777 said:

Yep! I do love anime themed things, but I enjoy all forms of art. This is pretty cool, you're right the background is detailed but I love that. I think it's really cool to see people do stuff like this as I have never been able to get the focus to sit down and do proper backgrounds with the character in the scene telling a story. This is really cute.  Also I had to go back and check the other one again that you shared. I can't honestly tell which one I like more! Both are so nice.

5 hours ago, lawan21 said:

I can't tell if this is an actual building you created, or if this is a 3d image! Either way, this looks really cool and I want to go in and use it (It looks like a sauna and I love those ❤️ )

5 hours ago, alphagev said:

The second one is especially nice! The first one is very visually interesting to look at and it looks like you had fun exploring the shapes, while the second looks like some sort of ornate jewelry. Very cool.

Edited by sesoru
  • Like 36
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, gelmas12 said:

Wow I love everything about this! Very imaginative. It actually reminds me of those old illustrations in books you'd see where the cover artist put a whole bunch of detail into their fantasy setting, but this is like... way more modern and fresh. I love it.

17 hours ago, weareartfull said:

IDK what 5r is, but this is really cool. Like the other artist above, this piece also reminds me of books, especially the ones I most loved to read like The Compass (even though I am sure this has nothing to do with that sort of thing XD). I think my favorite one here is The Magician ❤️

4 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

This topic is such a breath of fresh air. Love seeing people expressing themselves in different mediums, keep 'em comming!

YES! I love seeing everything here. It's so crazy to me because when I asked if I could have a thread like this in the FAQ forum, someone actually tried to act like I was doing this as some sort of nefarious 'everyone help me do a thing' thing... I just wanna see all the cool stuff people make! It's so inspiring. So maybe it does help me - by doing just that? LOL I am glad to see everyone posting here. I hope this thread stays alive for a long while.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2022 at 6:20 AM, sesoru said:

Anyone wanna drop their stuff here to show off? I love looking at art! I would love to see what all of you guys here are able to do

Alright. I posted this a while back on the forum, I suppose I'll bring it back -- since you asked so nicely. 

Here is a tiny sample of my artwork (i.e., realistic graphite portraits):

(click the forum link to see the artwork -- the Funkopop Klingons are not my work 😛 )

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 37
  • Congrats! 1

1 minute ago, sesoru said:

they appear to have so much detail in them. Great work!

Oh, yes, the originals (which are significantly larger in dimensions) are very detailed. And, thank you. I have a degree in art, and have produced many graphite portraits -- for many different people -- over the years (even a NASA astronaut). 😉 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jonbaas said:

Oh, yes, the originals (which are significantly larger in dimensions) are very detailed. And, thank you. I have a degree in art, and have produced many graphite portraits -- for many different people -- over the years (even a NASA astronaut). 😉 

Very cool! I never went to any art school and am basically self taught ahah. Never done any work for anyone famous, and have only done a few commissions over the years here or there rather sporadically since I have 0 idea how to properly market. I think that's amazing that you managed to be that successful - and your stuff is definitely very deserving! Pencil work is so much fun - yet so very draining. Looking at your stuff really makes me appreciate charcoal and pencil even more. ^_^

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, sesoru said:

Вау, мне все в этом нравится! Очень образно. На самом деле это напоминает мне те старые иллюстрации в книгах, где художник обложки добавлял целую кучу деталей в свою фантазийную обстановку, но это как бы... более современно и свежо. Я люблю это.

Thank you.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, sesoru said:

Pencil work is so much fun - yet so very draining.

I agree. On both counts. When I've sat down to put together a portrait, I often get so focused on the project that I loose all track of time. I rather enjoy that. But I often end up tired far faster as well, and I don't enjoy that. 😛 

4 hours ago, sesoru said:

Looking at your stuff really makes me appreciate charcoal and pencil even more.

Both are fantastic mediums. I've done some charcoal work myself, but I always come back to the fine details that can be produced from graphite.

• Like 33
  • Congrats! 2

I'm late to this thread, because I saw so much great work on here, I got a serious case of imposter syndrom. 🙂

Here are some frames I am sketching, for a very secret project I am working on for my personal brand

1320358068_secretproject.thumb.png.0fe0548c17b72df36764a26e09dc56ad.png

and an animated baby mascot I got to play around with today for a client. 

giphy.gif

• Like 47
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, melanielm said:

All my 'art' is in fiction writing, so I cannot share it here. I just wanted to say that I very much enjoyed seeing all of these amazing pieces.

Maybe you can share a character and someone can make an illustration of them.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jonbaas said:

I agree. On both counts. When I've sat down to put together a portrait, I often get so focused on the project that I loose all track of time. I rather enjoy that. But I often end up tired far faster as well, and I don't enjoy that. 😛 

Both are fantastic mediums. I've done some charcoal work myself, but I always come back to the fine details that can be produced from graphite.

I remember doing some charcoal waaaay back in my youth but while I enjoyed how it made things look, the messiness for me was too much xD I didn't like having to clean it off my stuff after. Pencil can be a bit messy too, but I was able to mostly contain it to just my hands and as I got older I learned little tips to not smudge my art while using it. I think my fav pencil is HB, but it's been so long since I paid attention to the different lead types honestly ahaha. Once I got into high school I basically only used mechanical pencils at that point for everything and after that it took me until a few weeks ago to try a wooden pencil. I forgot how it feels, and I am glad I tried it again. xD

6 hours ago, frank_d said:

Better late than never! Thank you so much for sharing your stuff! I absolutely love the style of these thumbs and that baby icon is adorable haha. These are very slick! If you don't mind my asking, how long does something like those thumbs, and that baby icon, typically take? The sketches look so simple and yet there is so much energy and life to them, it's cute.

3 hours ago, melanielm said:

All my 'art' is in fiction writing, so I cannot share it here. I just wanted to say that I very much enjoyed seeing all of these amazing pieces.

I agree with what Frank said! You could share characters you've created. You could even share small shorts - maybe snips of like 50 words or something idk. I write as well so I get that it's a bit different to share for sure, though.

2 hours ago, ruthsalmun said:

Dude this turned out EPIC. I absolutely love the finished work - from the colors to the expressions to the atmosphere and the chunks of ice scattering. Wow.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Did these this week. The last was colored in with marker but I never finished it, so the colors on the clothes are mostly just flats ahah. The first has markers for the eye colors and a small edit in my art program for the eye highlights. All done with my brush pen for the lines. I still adore how it feels to use them whew.

deadcant.png

StarryCelestial m.png

Lina Inverse C.png

• Like 33
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jasim2k9k said:

Very nice! It's always amazing to me when people do these more simple illustrations yet they aren't actually so simple. They come out super impactful and so much thought goes into them. I love the little details like that cute plant and the backs of the chairs, or the laces on his shoes etc. All very nice.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

OK so I was working on this kimono for the past 2 days.
I CANNOT use the sewing machine so I did this all by hand, and I'm quite proud! 😄
I found the fabric and fell in love with it, I had to make it.
My mother looked shocked when she found out I've hand-sewn the whole thing.
I'm sure she said something like "You're crazy." at one point. Thank you mother, I'm your dang daughter.

mixi1.jpg

• Like 31
  • Congrats! 5
  • Up 3

44 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

I'm sure she said something like "You're crazy." at one point

I had to use the "congrats" emoji because this is so beautiful and yeah crazy, I couldn't stop myself.
I mean, wow. Looks amazing and its hand-sewn! It'd took me years to do something like that. Be really proud of your skills and craziness too. Love it, love it, love it!

• Like 31
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2022 at 1:11 PM, sesoru said:

I remember doing some charcoal waaaay back in my youth but while I enjoyed how it made things look, the messiness for me was too much xD I didn't like having to clean it off my stuff after. Pencil can be a bit messy too, but I was able to mostly contain it to just my hands and as I got older I learned little tips to not smudge my art while using it. I think my fav pencil is HB, but it's been so long since I paid attention to the different lead types honestly ahaha. Once I got into high school I basically only used mechanical pencils at that point for everything and after that it took me until a few weeks ago to try a wooden pencil. I forgot how it feels, and I am glad I tried it again. xD

Better late than never! Thank you so much for sharing your stuff! I absolutely love the style of these thumbs and that baby icon is adorable haha. These are very slick! If you don't mind my asking, how long does something like those thumbs, and that baby icon, typically take? The sketches look so simple and yet there is so much energy and life to them, it's cute.

I agree with what Frank said! You could share characters you've created. You could even share small shorts - maybe snips of like 50 words or something idk. I write as well so I get that it's a bit different to share for sure, though.

Dude this turned out EPIC. I absolutely love the finished work - from the colors to the expressions to the atmosphere and the chunks of ice scattering. Wow.

Thanks. It's a new level for me honestly, I've been leveling up a lot recently, but i'm hoping toi finish better pieces

• Like 33
  • Up 1

On 2/17/2022 at 8:28 AM, jonbaas said:

Alright. I posted this a while back on the forum, I suppose I'll bring it back -- since you asked so nicely. 

Here is a tiny sample of my artwork (i.e., realistic graphite portraits):

(click the forum link to see the artwork -- the Funkopop Klingons are not my work 😛 )

Your portraits are quite skillfully drawn, well done! My favorite would also have to be the Girl in the Shadows”. The inverted drawing technique is quite difficult to get the hang of and I think you managed to control the shading really well. The strong contrast gives your drawing depth and the dramatic gaze tells us a story that we can interpret in our own way.

3 hours ago, zeus777 said:

OK so I was working on this kimono for the past 2 days.
I CANNOT use the sewing machine so I did this all by hand, and I'm quite proud! 😄
I found the fabric and fell in love with it, I had to make it.
My mother looked shocked when she found out I've hand-sewn the whole thing.
I'm sure she said something like "You're crazy." at one point. Thank you mother, I'm your dang daughter.

mixi1.jpg

No joke, it looks amazing! You should be proud. Some of the most beautiful people are a bit crazy, nothing wrong with that. 😄

• Like 31
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zeus777 said:

Wow! You have so many skills it seems. This is really cool as everyone else has said. IDK much about sewing or kimono making, but to me this looks amazing! And yea I also really like that pattern. It is really nice.

1 hour ago, ruthsalmun said:

Thanks. It's a new level for me honestly, I've been leveling up a lot recently, but i'm hoping toi finish better pieces

Hey you seem to be doing very well! And it's good to be conscious of where your skill level lies + where you need to work on, but also being able to acknowledge your strong points is good too! I think you're on the right track for sure, especially if you're producing that type of work ^^ If you do more, definitely share if you're up to it ❤️

• Like 32
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1