Scammers in Fiverr 🙂 

From my experience for past few days I had noticed some signs that I want to share here, so that you can be safe from this scammers. 

2. They will offer you a huge amount of money. Like they will offer you 2000 USD for a job which is cost around 20 dollar maximum. So don't fall for them. Money is important but you have to be patient.

3. Time zone. before excitement just say " Hello! how may I help you ? " Then care fully look into the buyers time zone. if it looks suspicious then immediately say generic message like  " Hello! thanks for your reply, how may I help you ? "

4. Check their previous rating score.

5. Also check when they created their account.

6. Check the spelling of their name.

7. Never ever click to any link. I repeat Never ever. Be smart and scan any kind of link doc, pdf, or any file through some virus scanner.

8. Don't deal any customer who wants to connect to you via Telegram or other link plat form. 

9.  There is a special kind of scammers who will message you like hi hello and they will say, they want to complete a job from you. then they will go offline. Whereas you are waiting patiently but that buyer won't come. After a day to days letter they will again come to your chat box and say something which is not meaningful at all. they are like killing your times. 

Share all of your experience here 🙂 Have a good day.

• Like 17
  • Up 3

It’s a shame Fiverr has no user validation or KYC process especially in a space where a lot of the products that are provided, are digital or downloaded. They tell the user everything not to do but at the end of the day the platform is enabling a place for anonymous hackers and Trojan horses.

• Like 12
  • Up 3

3 hours ago, zahir_is_here said:

From my experience for past few days I had noticed some signs that I want to share here, so that you can be safe from this scammers. 

2. They will offer you a huge amount of money. Like they will offer you 2000 USD for a job which is cost around 20 dollar maximum. So don't fall for them. Money is important but you have to be patient.

3. Time zone. before excitement just say " Hello! how may I help you ? " Then care fully look into the buyers time zone. if it looks suspicious then immediately say generic message like  " Hello! thanks for your reply, how may I help you ? "

7. Never ever click to any link. I repeat Never ever. Be smart and scan any kind of link doc, pdf, or any file through some virus scanner.

8. Don't deal any customer who wants to connect to you via Telegram or other link plat form. 

9.  There is a special kind of scammers who will message you like hi hello and they will say, they want to complete a job from you. then they will go offline. Whereas you are waiting patiently but that buyer won't come. After a day to days letter they will again come to your chat box and say something which is not meaningful at all. they are like killing your times. 

Good advice here, especially the one related to links and files.
To sum it up, if an offer is too good to be true, 99% of the time is a scam (well, I would say 100% actually).
Have a nice day you too @zahir_is_here :classic_smile:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone.

I just started my first gig on Fiverr, some 5 hours ago, and already received messages from 6 different people (in all likelihood, all scammers).

All of them are on Fiverr since this very month, Feb of 2024, and have 0 ratings. And all but one wants to be contacted via Telegram.

Is this how it's supposed to be here on Fiverr? Because if so, after a while, everytime I receive a message, I'll have little interest in checking it out, always assuming it's not a real buyer. 

Can something be done about this?

Can somebody please explain to me why almost all of them want contact via Telegram?

Thanks and cheers to the community.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

On 2/9/2024 at 6:10 PM, zahir_is_here said:

Thank you for sharing these valuable insights! It's essential for new sellers to be aware of the various tactics scammers use to exploit them. I'd like to add a few points based on my experience and general best practices to further help protect against potential scams:

·         Use Official Channels: Always communicate within the platform's messaging system.

·         Platform Payments Only: Accept payments through the platform to ensure security.

·         Guard Personal Info: Avoid sharing personal details unnecessarily.

·         Realistic Offers: Be skeptical of offers that seem too good to be true.

·         Beware of Pressure: Don't rush into decisions under urgency or pressure.

·         No Free Work: Be cautious of requests for free samples or extensive test projects.

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
On 2/13/2024 at 9:25 AM, dancalado said:

Hello everyone.

I just started my first gig on Fiverr, some 5 hours ago, and already received messages from 6 different people (in all likelihood, all scammers).

All of them are on Fiverr since this very month, Feb of 2024, and have 0 ratings. And all but one wants to be contacted via Telegram.

Is this how it's supposed to be here on Fiverr? Because if so, after a while, everytime I receive a message, I'll have little interest in checking it out, always assuming it's not a real buyer. 

Can something be done about this?

Can somebody please explain to me why almost all of them want contact via Telegram?

Thanks and cheers to the community.

Wife was pretty shocked to see what Fiverr has become.  Years ago when she did gigs here (She went offline a long time ago due to the no moonlighting policy in her company) the only issue she had were clients who nitpicked her work, but still paid her right anyway.  

• Like 2