Sorry to say that I personally don’t like the Pay to promote option on fiverr

Sorry to say that I personally don’t like the Pay to “promote” option on fiverr ( Start promoting now to gain more visibility!). Because of that like me many experience sellers are not getting minimum projects in a month only because of visibility.
And the “Pay to promote” Fiverr strategy also going to loose couple of experience sellers, those are really not getting sufficient work from long time of period!
Yes! I know Fiverr do not guarantee anything about sales or visibility or Rank of a Gigs. But Fiverr need to be kind about experience sellers. Because I am passionate to work on Fiverr.

Thank you all
Happy May Day! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have used the “Promoted Gigs” feature and it did bring me some new work.

However, I don’t use Fiverr as my only source of freelance income, so I don’t see a need for me to keep using it.

But when I did, it worked for me.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

There is lot of reason Fiverr updated their website since 2020 July-November. Fiverr search Algorithm completely mess-up. There do not have one reason to down grade a Gigs. They have prepare 100 reasons where a Gigs will be down grade and Finally have no work. I have got a "Promoted" Gigs option. But Promoted Gigs have no sales past 60 days. Let's me say why do I spend money on Fiverr! 

Far better is to promote my service in social media Ads, Google Ads. I have found lots of fake quires and clicks from promoted Gigs. And Fiverr don't care anything about it. 

My Fiverr earning decrease from 2021 around 90%  compare to 2020. 

And Fiverr still sleeping with a Big Dreams. If Fiverr do not care a good freelancer, Someday it will be full of mud and dust...

• Like 19
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1

On 6/23/2022 at 6:53 PM, samdotdesign said:

Far better is to promote my service in social media Ads, Google Ads.

Are you saying that it’s far better to break fiverr TOS? You are literally breaking fiverr rules that you signed. 

There do not have one reason to down grade a Gigs.

They do have many reasons and they all based on your statistics ad performance. As fiverr stats :gig position on a marketplace is not permanent and can change based on many factors. 

have found lots of fake quires and clicks from promoted Gigs.

Those are not charged even if it’s a fake query and click. You can check if that message has “promoted” sign on it and I’m sure it will not. Algorithm is made to recognise it. For more info you can search the webinar from fiverr on how promoted gigs work. 

If Fiverr do not care a good freelancer, Someday it will be full of mud and dust...

Typical story from 2010, however fiverr is still here and thriving. If they decided to show your gig less then that means that fiverr makes more money from other sellers in your category at this point in time because they perform better. 

• Like 22
  • Haha 1
  • Up 3

17 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Are you saying that it’s far better to break fiverr TOS? You are literally breaking fiverr rules that you signed. 

They do have many reasons and they all based on your statistics ad performance. As fiverr stats :gig position on a marketplace is not permanent and can change based on many factors. 

Those are not charged even if it’s a fake query and click. You can check if that message has “promoted” sign on it and I’m sure it will not. Algorithm is made to recognise it. For more info you can search the webinar from fiverr on how promoted gigs work. 

Typical story from 2010, however fiverr is still here and thriving. If they decided to show your gig less then that means that fiverr makes more money from other sellers in your category at this point in time because they perform better. 

At the beginning I am not breaking the TOI. Forum is for discussion. Yes, If Fiverr can't hear a true word may closed my account. I will raise my voice on Public forum as like Youtube, Quora and other social groups. Regarding Fake clicks: its true there have only clicks and not queries / Order. One of the made fake order and cancel the order. I have all the screen shorts to expose public forum and community. 

"[Typical story from 2010, however fiverr is still here and thriving. If they decided to show your gig less then that means that fiverr makes more money from other sellers in your category at this point in time because they perform better. ]" As I can Understand you must from fiverr official / Fiverr support team. But how long keep lies behind Fiverr Algorithm disabilities which is begin from mid of the 2020. The matter will be boom if Freelancer do not get work after spend maximum time on Fiverr. 

Even now a days Fiverr hiding Gigs analytic data.  

After all this problems you are saying people will not shout?  If I do not get work; definitely I will be Shout loudly on public forum and social media along with many screen shorts I have collected from past years.  

And I must request all the freelancers those are not getting work, Shout Loudly. 

Fiverr-Ads-June-24.png

Fiverr--6month-analytic.png

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Far better is to promote my service in social media Ads, Google Ads.

• Sellers may not promote their Gigs or any Fiverr content via the Google Ads platform.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 6

i have been a seller on Fiverr for nearly 10 years and now i have to say i totally agree with you : Fiverr try to get more sellers on their platform and didn't care about the quality of seller + old sellers. My account was spamed by nearly 100 fake orders ( order then cancel ), i wrote ticket to ask for help, but they even didn't do anything helpful to protect the seller other than offer me to delete my gig. That is my best seller gig and they adviced me to delete it :). Funny.
Promoted gig is also another joke :D. Sellers don't know where do they promote their gig and no clear analytic. Fiverr nowadays just try to get more and more fee from sellers.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

On 6/23/2022 at 5:53 PM, samdotdesign said:

And Fiverr still sleeping with a Big Dreams. If Fiverr do not care a good freelancer, Someday it will be full of mud and dust...

If you don't like the way Fiverr does business this may be helpful.  https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010215497-Permanently-deleting-my-account

Their game, you choice.  

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 10
  • Haha 7

On 6/27/2022 at 8:09 PM, newsmike said:

If you don't like the way Fiverr does business this may be helpful.  https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010215497-Permanently-deleting-my-account

Their game, you choice.  

This also from support team voice. 🙂 Or if you are a freelancer some day you must try to delete your profile. 

On 6/26/2022 at 11:59 PM, dungdung said:

i have been a seller on Fiverr for nearly 10 years and now i have to say i totally agree with you : Fiverr try to get more sellers on their platform and didn't care about the quality of seller + old sellers. My account was spamed by nearly 100 fake orders ( order then cancel ), i wrote ticket to ask for help, but they even didn't do anything helpful to protect the seller other than offer me to delete my gig. That is my best seller gig and they adviced me to delete it :). Funny.
Promoted gig is also another joke :D. Sellers don't know where do they promote their gig and no clear analytic. Fiverr nowadays just try to get more and more fee from sellers.

It's true and Fiverr loosing quality sellers.

On 6/24/2022 at 3:19 PM, sazusazu said:

same problem no order from promoted gig .....

It really true incidence with many. And Fiverr still sleeping. Write your voice every place. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 4
  • Up 1

Unfortunately Fiverr "Promoted Gigs" do not working as written. And Seller always loose their time and money. Because still Fiverr search algorism don't work properly if some one promoted any Gigs. And after switch off the Promoted Gigs easily decrease minimum organic visibilities. 

So, there need quality clients quires and not the fake clicks and orders. I have on going screen short.  

Fiverr-Ads-June-24.png

• Like 82
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, samdotdesign said:

Unfortunately Fiverr "Promoted Gigs" do not working as written.

You keep complaining about promoted gigs however you didn’t specify what exactly fiverr didn’t fulfill. What is written and what is not working as “written”? 

22 minutes ago, samdotdesign said:

I have on going screen short.  

Your screenshot doesn’t prove anything. 

• Like 72
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

The gigs that perform well when promoted are those that offer services the buyers want--at a high level of delivery quality--and gigs with unique aspects or superior service. There are many sellers for whom Fiverr promotions work extremely well. Out of 21 jobs in my current queue, 7 are 'Promoted'.

You cannot blame lack of promoted sales on Fiverr. If your products do not sell very well (or at all) during promotion periods, it's because the products (gigs) are not competitive enough or have little market appeal--which doesn't refer to price, but product offer. Fiverr cannot make buyers want your products. All Fiverr can offer when it promotes your gigs is that it will put your products in front of buyers commensurate to your ad spend and other ad competition.

It can't make the products appealing to the people holding the dollars.

This would be like me trying to sell fur coats for Persian cats. They already have quite nice fur coats.
Even if I sell 'fur coats with inbuilt ice machine and cool airconditioning' for Persian cats, I will only attract sales if there are not 30,000 sellers all selling similar and advertising using similar keywords.

You need to have products that appeal, for example because you're better at doing whatever you do than most of your competitors, the market is seeking what you offer and your offer is somehow different enough to stand out in a busy marketplace.

I wish you well!

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, samdotdesign said:

Unfortunately Fiverr "Promoted Gigs" do not working as written.

Perhaps the fault is not with Fiverr but your gig's quality. It seems you have a lot of clicks that you are not converting into sales. That is on you, not Fiverr.

For example, you will see by my screenshot that I have fewer impressions and clicks than your image shows, yet my earnings are a good deal more. So, for me, promoted gigs work just fine.  

509064830_ScreenShot2022-06-30at11_02_20PM.thumb.png.ac77031881fc18c4b5b6f090f0800139.png

• Like 72
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, anniejenkinson said:

The gigs that perform well when promoted are those that offer services the buyers want--at a high level of delivery quality--and gigs with unique aspects or superior service. There are many sellers for whom Fiverr promotions work extremely well. Out of 21 jobs in my current queue, 7 are 'Promoted'.

You cannot blame lack of promoted sales on Fiverr. If your products do not sell very well (or at all) during promotion periods, it's because the products (gigs) are not competitive enough or have little market appeal--which doesn't refer to price, but product offer. Fiverr cannot make buyers want your products. All Fiverr can offer when it promotes your gigs is that it will put your products in front of buyers commensurate to your ad spend and other ad competition.

It can't make the products appealing to the people holding the dollars.

This would be like me trying to sell fur coats for Persian cats. They already have quite nice fur coats.
Even if I sell 'fur coats with inbuilt ice machine and cool airconditioning' for Persian cats, I will only attract sales if there are not 30,000 sellers all selling similar and advertising using similar keywords.

You need to have products that appeal, for example because you're better at doing whatever you do than most of your competitors, the market is seeking what you offer and your offer is somehow different enough to stand out in a busy marketplace.

I wish you well!

I understood you are very good story writer ! Why don't you write a story book about  "A frog feeling proud inside a pond" 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 5:54 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

You keep complaining about promoted gigs however you didn’t specify what exactly fiverr didn’t fulfill. What is written and what is not working as “written”? 

Your screenshot doesn’t prove anything. 

Continue your customer support job. You do not understand any more. 

• Like 67
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, samdotdesign said:

Continue your customer support job. You do not understand any more. 

I’m not a customer support and you don’t prove anything with your screenshots and on top of that you don’t have proof to support what you are saying. 
It’s a simple question: what did fiverr promise with promoted gigs that you say was written and you didn’t get it? 
simple question to answer, if you can’t answer it then you don’t have anything to accuse them of and it’s all your performance that is dragging the problem

• Like 71
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1