What is the daily salary in your region?

teramangala

Out of curiosity, what is the net daily salary, say for example for 1 day of work as a farmworker (work in the fields) ?

Here, in the land of wine and cheese 🍷, it’s $ 95 (€ 80 euros) per 8 hour day.

WARNING: do not name the countries directly, it is forbidden on the forum

Out of curiosity, what is the net daily salary, say for example for 1 day of work as a farmworker (work in the fields) ?

Here, in the land of wine and cheese 🍷, it’s $ 95 (€ 80 euros) per 8 hour day.

I don’t think it’s against the forum rules to ever mention a country - it’s more a case of not saying things like “this user from _____ just did _____” or “all people from ____ are ____” etc. You can mention where you live, especially in a non-offensive conversation like this.

To your question;

We live in the UK - according to Indeed (major recruitment site), field workers here earn £9.37 per hour. Times that by 8 and I guess you have a daily rate of £74.96, or around $105. Which comes to an annual salary of about £18,000 (if you assume that most people working these roles likely don’t get much in the way of paid leave or benefits, and I’d suspect many are on zero-hours contracts, with no guarantee of work).

This might sound like a lot to some people viewing the forum, but the cost of living in much of the UK is extremely expensive, especially in the large cities. Rent on a 1 bedroom flat here in London will be a minimum of £1,000 plus per month.

Uhh, the state where I am in, most farm work is performed by individuals who are not citizens of the country and are paid a rate in which they agree from the farm/orchard owner/foreman/director, which is normally below minimum wage.

So in short, I can’t really give you an accurate answer since the pay rate varies wildly.

@cubittaudio Yes you’re right, you have to compare the salary against the cost of living, but where it is interesting on Fiverr is that this report does not exist since the payments are made with the same number of USD, whatever the country.

@enunciator Ok, it’s the same here, but what then is the minimum wage, say for non-foreigners? here it’s 10 € / hour ($ 12)

I do not know, but, I would guess that some agriculture companies or farmers hire illegal aliens “under the table” and pay them a less than admirable wage - basically, slave wages. They take advantage of the person being here illegally and do not pay them what a worker here who is legal, filing taxes etc would get. So, it could be only a few dollars a day. Seriously. And, there have been exposes showing how they “house” these migrant workers in shacks without running water, electricity etc on the property.

Very sad.

GG

@cubittaudio Yes you’re right, you have to compare the salary against the cost of living, but where it is interesting on Fiverr is that this report does not exist since the payments are made with the same number of USD, whatever the country.

@enunciator Ok, it’s the same here, but what then is the minimum wage, say for non-foreigners? here it’s 10 € / hour ($ 12)

In my state, currently $14 per hour, but minus SSI and taxes, a bit less. But the job market in my state is in shambles so good luck trying to find full time work without specialized qualifications while competing against hundreds of other applicants. There are so many long-term unemployed or homeless dwelling here due to the mild weather and laissez faire attitude; it’s quite grim actually.

As a graphic designer still I’m getting less than $20 Per day 😆

that’s why I’m here. I took only 10 Mins to complete one of my previous order ($25).

But nowadays, there is no order 😭

Did you read the OP? He asked what a field worker makes - you know, someone who works on a farm, in an orchard etc. He didn’t ask what a graphic designer makes or what YOU make.

Reading comprehension is really important if you are to get ahead in life.

Could be why so many here complain they never get any action in Buyer’s Requests. I bet they do not even read the request and speak directly to it. They just talk about what they want to talk about.

GG

This is interesting, why did you withdrawn your comment?

Worker on the farm, it was an example, what interests me it is really the wages, whatever the trade 😁

Because I chastised him for not staying on topic.

You asked what a farm worker earned, not what a bank teller earned.

Re reading your post - I could be wrong. Oy! You only used the farm worker thing as an example not what you wanted as the example. I guess I need a course in reading comprehension. ha! I suck badly right now. Sorry.

GG

Minimal wage (for legal workers, in this context) is a little less than 2 euros an hour - comes up to about 14 per day (for 8 hours a day). People who work under the table tend to earn a little more (because, taxes) but it’s not so wide-spread here anymore I’d think.
Obviously, things are cheaper here (but not so much anymore.) I actually spent less in a restaurant in the land of cheese and wine than I would here, mais c’est la vie. (trans.: that’s life. hope I didn’t butcher that one!)
(I’m still not Italian, Fiverr has yet to update my location - but the flag colours do match :D)

Because I chastised him for not staying on topic.

You asked what a farm worker earned, not what a bank teller earned.

Re reading your post - I could be wrong. Oy! You only used the farm worker thing as an example not what you wanted as the example. I guess I need a course in reading comprehension. ha! I suck badly right now. Sorry.

GG

Yes you are right, I should have insisted that it was just an example of trade. I took this example because I told myself that it existed in all countries, and that it would be easier to compare. But I am interested in the salary, whatever the job

Minimal wage (for legal workers, in this context) is a little less than 2 euros an hour - comes up to about 14 per day (for 8 hours a day). People who work under the table tend to earn a little more (because, taxes) but it’s not so wide-spread here anymore I’d think.

Obviously, things are cheaper here (but not so much anymore.) I actually spent less in a restaurant in the land of cheese and wine than I would here, mais c’est la vie. (trans.: that’s life. hope I didn’t butcher that one!)

(I’m still not Italian, Fiverr has yet to update my location - but the flag colours do match :D)

c’est la vie

Oui c’est correct

=

Yes that is correct

=

igen, ez helyes

In country that has one region named as the white dog with black spots the average monthly salary for cash register lady is 706 USD, so that makes it 3.8 USD per hour.

According to government publication on their page daily salary for farmworker is 12$.

Price of bread and 1l of milk is 1$. One kg of bananas is 2$.

Yes you are right, I should have insisted that it was just an example of trade. I took this example because I told myself that it existed in all countries, and that it would be easier to compare. But I am interested in the salary, whatever the job

The problem is, in the US, a lot of the farm or orchard work is performed by migrants who are here illegally and they get taken advantage of badly. So, they make very low wages. I remember growing up in Southern California and migrants would literally either be standing on the corner of a major intersection or parking lot OR in the parking lot of a Home Depot or other hardware place waiting for construction companies to come by and hire them for the day - cash, under the table. This means that the business owner was NOT claiming these people, not paying taxes, not checking green card status, and probably paying these men very low wages. But, being these men come from very impoverished situations, they just wanted to work and could care less if they were making less than half of what their legal/citizens of the U.S. were making.

It’s a new form of slavery really.

GG

in my country, people earn an average 8$/h after taxes according to stats but IRL only 5$/h I think. Everything is priced like the USA but at least utility bills and rents are cheap. There isn’t much farmer in my country (weird I know) but there are herders, they are && rich if they sell all their livestock mostly thousands of sheep, cow, and goats they can live without working until death. But instead, most of them choose to be nomads herders and live frugally.

Archived