Gig from first to last page, Search Algorithm Problem - HERE IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME!

insects44

poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Asia
    • Europe
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Australia

Like if you have in your skill list that you are a psychic medium they might think you do psychic readings (as that’s one thing some psychics do) even though you don’t. You could try changing the listed skills.

I get asked for all kinds of spells. Nothing to do with the skills I list. Nothing to do with my gigs. It’s only been in the past 6 months this has been happening.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you get orders by not seeing your gigs in the search because you don’t search the right way. Figure out what buyers type to find you.

I don’t search myself obsessively to try and figure this out. There used to be gig stats. You’d look at the views and the impressions and if they were 0 (or significantly lower than your average), you could safely assume that your gig was down for whatever reason. Plus, orders from new buyers. If you get them, you’re visible (unless someone bookmarked your gig a year ago and now came forward with a purchase). If you don’t, you’re not.

I am TRS with 1200 plus orders completed in 3 Years. Have worked 7 days a week for 3 years. Have replied to messages at midnight waking up from the sleep. Have done revisions at 3 AM waking up from sleep as clients wanted their revisions urgently for a meetings. And today I am struggling to be in the business.

I am TRS with 1200 plus orders completed in 3 Years. Have worked 7 days a week for 3 years. Have replied to messages at midnight waking up from the sleep. Have done revisions at 3 AM waking up from sleep as clients wanted their revisions urgently for a meetings. And today I am struggling to be in the business.

Ok, that’s not ok, that’s something Fiverr should correct. Top sellers must have better positions than new sellers.

@myexplainervid, Fiverr wants you to start all over again. Imagine you just started. What would you do? Do the same, and you will be successful again.

I don’t think changing gig images regularly is a good option.

1. You have to design the complete image from scratch and make sure that it looks good from the rest of the gigs in the market.
  2. Gig images are like your presence in the market. If you have the same image(perfect) everyone will know you and it’s easier to find you.

But I agree we should change description a little bit time to time, add keywords. Improve the tags so algorithm thinks we are updating our gigs.

You have 5 orders in your queue? I would be happy.

Its very tough to do it all over again. It takes months to build a good profile when you are competing at global level.

Once you get noticed, it will become easier, and you will climb back to first page again. At least that’s what I think.

You have 5 orders in your queue? I would be happy.

They are from repeat clients. I think I will be just doing 30% of my average business this month. Let’s see what happens next. I don’t know what is happening. I use to track gig rank every week. All other gigs which used to be my competitors are ranking as is. Only mine has been thrown back.

I am wondering how much harder I can try. It gets to a point where you do all you can do and put in 12 hours a day 7 days a week and have new images on gigs that have been extremely popular but still, something is wrong. I’m not complaining about last month, it was great. But suddenly to have everything come to a halt makes me wonder why. I wonder if it was due to blocking someone.

This is a long topic and thread. There are a lot of things you could disagree for. If you notice something which is not correct, tag me and tell me what needs to be corrected.

I recently noticed this “bug”: Top sellers from the first page get thrown to the last page and then forgotten forever. If you came here to learn why and how I fixed it, you’ve come to the right place. However, this may take a lot of effort from your side, so, get ready! 🚀

Before I show you the steps to fix your gig’s position in the search, I wanna explain how the search algorithm works and why so many people are confused about it.

Why am I getting demoted?

Fiverr decided to insert a new tactic, which confused a lot of sellers, and they don’t know what to do. Fiverr want’s to give chance to new sellers, that’s why there is always circulation on the first page in the search. A random amount of new sellers are getting promoted on the first page, so they have a little bit of chance to grow into successful sellers.

Fiverr decided to demote old gigs that were not edited for a long time. For example, you may have a thousand of reviews, however, you haven’t updated your gig from a year, Fiverr randomly decides that your gig is old, and boring, and throws it back to the last page, where it will be forgotten if you don’t do anything about it. This is probably a new clean-up strategy to remove old gigs from the first pages.

No matter if your gig is active, with a lot of orders in queue, whether you have any rank or not, you lose it in minutes. Then you have to regain everything again the way you started, however this time it must be easier because you have reviews.

This didn’t seem to occur before, so I think there is a change that has been made in the algorithm.

How do I get on the first page again?

First, make sure you are searching for your gig right. If you search you gig with “animation”, it may not be on first place, however, if you search it with “loading animation”, it may be in the first place! If you tried every possible search and you couldn’t find your gig, then you may continue reading this thread.

SUMMARY, if you don't have time to read this topic:

If you have tried everything, editing your gig, tags, images, video… and nothing worked, the best thing for you, if you are one of those sellers with a lot of orders getting demoted is buyer requests. If you have more time to read, continue reading, and find out yourself…

I contacted support about this issue and they answered exactly what I expected:

Regularly refresh your Gigs with new photos and descriptions

Before I tell you what I did, let me show you the results of it:

This is my gig:

These are my tags:

screenshot_427

And this is my spot in the search when I search for “Loading GIF and GIF loading animation”:

Tags are the main reason I’m there. I purposely thought of every input possible and set my tags to the most common inputs I thought I buyer would type.

My 5 tags, which are Loading, Animation, Gif, Animated, Logo, can form a lot of searches. For example, my 5 tags can form those phrases: GIF, Loading GIF, Animated logo GIF, Animated GIF, Loading Animation, Logo animation GIF.

The search algorithm is NOT based on SEO, and any SEO will not affect your gig’s rank. At least, that’s what I think. If I’m wrong, here is how to improve SEO. If you use tags that people will never type in the search bar, you aren’t gonna get in front.

Click me for SEO stuff:

Make sure your tags are what people will search in the search bar. Then:

1. Use tags all separated, no two words in one tag. Try to use synonyms instead of 2-worded tags. This is what I use:

screenshot_418

2. Use your tags in your title:

screenshot_419

3. Use more of your tags in your description, without making them way too many (I tried my best to add as many tags as possible without making it too much):

Once you edit a gig, it may disappear from the search for about 24 hours, but you have a chance to get it in front of other gigs once it appears again. If your gig becomes viral (receives a lot of orders), NEVER edit your gig, as it may go back in the search results page.

The most important step: BE ACTIVE!

Once you update your gig, as CS recommended, I really doubt that it will immediately go in front of others. I think the only solution is more activity from us, the sellers. If you got demoted, I recommend you to actively start using buyer requests.

One more thing which may help is nice test results. Take the tests you can, so you get more attention.

ATTENTION! None of this guarantees you coming back from hell to heaven. You should be really active in order to do so. You should be doing everything you possibly could think of to correct your gigs, including correcting your gig’s spelling, grammar, using buyer requests, sharing your gig somewhere, where the audience might be interested, and so on.

@nikavoice, @misscrystal, @sarikaverma007, @bodmas, @sameed_webdev, @fittranslate, @toner2d, @oyinstudio, @cyaxrex, @eoinfinnegan, and all others which I didn’t mention, Thank you all of sharing info with me! I think it would have been impossible without you. Thanks for the votes in the poll too! I learned from your experiences to create this giant conclusion. Here are the results from the poll:

I already know there are a lot of mistakes, this is such a big post that I can’t make sure everything is correct. I will appreciate if you tell me if you spot something! Please, give a like for my hard work, I wanna see your support! ❤️

Fiverr decided to insert a new tactic, which confused a lot of sellers, and they don’t know what to do. Fiverr want’s to give chance to new sellers, that’s why there is always circulation on the first page in the search. A random amount of new sellers are getting promoted on the first page, so they have a little bit of chance to grow into successful sellers.

Fiverr decided to demote old gigs that were not edited for a long time. For example, you may have a thousand of reviews, however, you haven’t updated your gig from a year, Fiverr randomly decides that your gig is old, and boring, and throws it back to the last page, where it will be forgotten if you don’t do anything about it. This is probably a new clean-up strategy to remove old gigs from the first pages.

Where did you get the information above? Who told you about this new tactic and that it is based on how often a gig is edited.

All I see here is support giving you the standard information and you taking it to really mean something this time. Customer support just has standard answers they are given to reply with for some questions - these are standard customer support agents on average wages; they wouldn’t have access to algorithm details. I see nothing new in the post aside from a nice way to explain how to make tags. Not really rocket science though.

The information that someone like me should consider myself as someone new starting over at the beginning is especially disturbing. I’ve built up a steady successful business over a long period of time. I get people telling me frequently they’ve heard of me and the success of my gigs.

The information that someone like me should consider myself as someone new starting over at the beginning is especially disturbing. I’ve built up a steady successful business over a long period of time. I get people telling me frequently they’ve heard of me and the success of my gigs.

starting over at the beginning is especially disturbing.

True… also I don’t see any kind of reason for Fiverr to do this… Old sellers with good reviews that have proven themselves could inspire trust to most buyers… Also about the changing the cover images and so on , I think this makes no sense at all … My cover is like my logo , why would I change if I had success with it in the past years ? Sorry if I made mistakes , I am typing from a mobile device

starting over at the beginning is especially disturbing.

True… also I don’t see any kind of reason for Fiverr to do this… Old sellers with good reviews that have proven themselves could inspire trust to most buyers… Also about the changing the cover images and so on , I think this makes no sense at all … My cover is like my logo , why would I change if I had success with it in the past years ? Sorry if I made mistakes , I am typing from a mobile device

Surely someone with a stellar reputation who pulls in newcomers due to hearing about me would be something fiverr appreciates. The idea of remaking my gigs and applying to buyer’s requests seems invalidating. I don’t see that message from customer support as implying this.

I think you get orders by not seeing your gigs in the search because you don’t search the right way. Figure out what buyers type to find you.

I think you get orders by not seeing your gigs in the search because you don’t search the right way.

It should also be noted that, as is the case with all algorithms, each person viewing the search results will see a different configuration of gigs. This is because each user has different factors associated with their searches and use of Fiverr, and Fiverr wants to make sure that each user sees gigs/results that are more likely to interest them. So, it’s not just a matter of tags and content that determines search engine appearance, there are personal use factors as well. What I see when I do a gig search (either as a seller or a buyer) is not going to be the same arrangement someone else sees when they conduct the same exact search.

I think this is something most new sellers and those who are complaining the loudest choose not to realize. There is no ranking in the search results. It is a varied system that always turns up rotating results for each user.

I think you get orders by not seeing your gigs in the search because you don’t search the right way.

It should also be noted that, as is the case with all algorithms, each person viewing the search results will see a different configuration of gigs. This is because each user has different factors associated with their searches and use of Fiverr, and Fiverr wants to make sure that each user sees gigs/results that are more likely to interest them. So, it’s not just a matter of tags and content that determines search engine appearance, there are personal use factors as well. What I see when I do a gig search (either as a seller or a buyer) is not going to be the same arrangement someone else sees when they conduct the same exact search.

I think this is something most new sellers and those who are complaining the loudest choose not to realize. There is no ranking in the search results. It is a varied system that always turns up rotating results for each user.

It is a varied system that always turns up rotating results for each user.

This.

But also, if you had a response from a different Fiverr staff member you might get a different response. I would suggest that constantly changing your gig would actually have a negative impact. There have been so many topics stating that their gigs drop off the radar after editing.

Once you get thrown back in the search. If you are in a good spot, don’t edit your gig, because the opposite may happen.

Howdy @insects44. Since you tagged me. I’ll definitely give you credit for being so passionate about this. 😁

Fiverr is like Narnia, even Aslan would have a hard time figuring out things. :lion:

It is a varied system that always turns up rotating results for each user.

This.

But also, if you had a response from a different Fiverr staff member you might get a different response. I would suggest that constantly changing your gig would actually have a negative impact. There have been so many topics stating that their gigs drop off the radar after editing.

I would suggest that constantly changing your gig would actually have a negative impact.

I agree. Gigs are made to be edited, but it is always wise to edit them within reason. Fiverr might actually view constant editing as a certain seller trying to game the algorithm, and I’m pretty sure that behavior would be frowned upon.

I would suggest that constantly changing your gig would actually have a negative impact.

I agree. Gigs are made to be edited, but it is always wise to edit them within reason. Fiverr might actually view constant editing as a certain seller trying to game the algorithm, and I’m pretty sure that behavior would be frowned upon.

Constantly changing a gig could also be seen as constantly changing what you have to offer. Making reviews on that gig redundant and misleading.

@insects44 you are missing a very crucial piece of information.

The algorithm is looking to serve relevant gigs to buyers.

Old gigs that the algo now deems irrelevant, due to a change in category or a rise in competition will surely be pushed down and editing will be needed to jolt them back for re-evaluation.

But I doubt editing your gigs repeatedly is the trick you think it is and does what you think it does.

You are free of course to do what you think is right for you, and experiment with your business.

We of course thank you for trying to be helpful but you haven’t proved anything nor have enough hard data to back up any of your claims. So I personally think you jumped the gun in sharing your “findings” and giving other users advice on the matter.

Also for the millionth time: search results are dynamic. Location, time of day, category, keywords, we all get served different results. And incognito search doesn’t help you as much as you think to get a proper search result.

Archived