4 days ago I delivered

sureyou

You can’t Police the world.

If you simply ask for a review there is nothing wrong with that.

You can’t Police the world.

That’s unnecessary. I’m not talking about “the world.” I’m talking about one’s own business. I can “police” that and I will.

You asked me what my ethics were and I told you. Please don’t ask me if you’re just going to respond with attitude and derision.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asking for a review will not get you a warning.

Oh, yes, yes it will. You need only search the forum to see the many times new sellers have done this, received a warning from Fiverr for doing so, then than came here to the forums to complain. Fiver DOES give warnings to sellers who ask for reviews. It has happened. It does happen. And forum regulars usually always remind new sellers NOT to ask for reviews.

Please don’t make claims that are clearly untrue. Such claims are harmful to other new sellers, and could get them into trouble.

Oh, yes, yes it will. You need only search the forum to see the many times new sellers have done this, received a warning from Fiverr for doing so, then than came here to the forums to complain. Fiver DOES give warnings to sellers who ask for reviews. It has happened. It does happen. And forum regulars usually always remind new sellers NOT to ask for reviews.

Please don’t make claims that are clearly untrue. Such claims are harmful to other new sellers, and could get them into trouble.

Did you watch the video where Fiverr encourage you to leave reviews?

I can’t help but get the feeling on here that some people are deliberately trying to make it harder for new sellers and people who need help by deliberately providing misinformation.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/using-quick-responses Just incase you missed it.

Not sure why Fiverr members think they know best - when all the tools are available on Fiverr that clearly explain the rules.

I can’t help but get the feeling on here that some people are deliberately trying to make it harder for new sellers and people who need help by deliberately providing misinformation.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/using-quick-responses Just incase you missed it.

Not sure why Fiverr members think they know best - when all the tools are available on Fiverr that clearly explain the rules.

Video or not, Fiverr does give warnings to sellers who ask buyers for reviews. This is an indisputable fact. Like I said, the evidence is all over the forum.

Indeed. Please stop spreading misinformation. It hurts new sellers, and we don’t want to see new sellers doing things that earn them warnings or banishment.

Not sure why Fiverr members think they know best

We know how things work from experience, and from hearing the unfortunate negative experiences of other sellers who do the wrong thing.

Video or not, Fiverr does give warnings to sellers who ask buyers for reviews. This is an indisputable fact. Like I said, the evidence is all over the forum.

Indeed. Please stop spreading misinformation. It hurts new sellers, and we don’t want to see new sellers doing things that earn them warnings or banishment.

We know how things work from experience, and from hearing the unfortunate negative experiences of other sellers who do the wrong thing.

Watch the video and come back to me.

You’re right - it’s an indisputable fact. However, you’re only seeing one side of the story.

I am not spreading any misinformation - I have posted a link to a video that Fiverr produced and host on their own site encouraging you to ask the buyer to leave a review.

You’re right - it’s an indisputable fact. However, you’re only seeing one side of the story.

I am not spreading any misinformation - I have posted a link to a video that Fiverr produced and host on their own site encouraging you to ask the buyer to leave a review.

I have seen the video. My comments remain valid.

This is the exact opposite of what the Fiverr Forum is about. 😲

Have you noticed that many experienced sellers who frequent the Forum have tried to tell you that what you are advising may be harmful to new sellers if they follow your advice? :roll_eyes:

I have only been on Fiverr for 2 years, but even in that short time, I have noticed that what Fiverr says and what actually happens can be different. Even the statements in TOS have proven not to be as they are stated in reality. 😐

So now it’s not just those who have had experiences which contradict your “it’s ok to ask for reviews” idea who are liars, now anyone who disagrees with you is a liar?

I agree with you that the video says what you say it does but this isn’t a perfect platform. Support gets it wrong, updates to rules happen all the time and some corrections that should happen don’t get made.

Multiple people have said they had issues when asking for reviews, a support agent said it out straight that asking for reviews isn’t ok. Is the support agent a liar too?

What’s the point of arguing with someone who won’t listen? Despite them thinking:

From reading through this with a nonbiased point of view, I get the feeling that they think they know best and their mind won’t be changed.

What I do know, is that I’ve gotten a lot of great advice from reading through this. I know that once I start getting orders, I’ll be careful with how I word messages. Not only that, but I won’t ask people to review my services. It a personal thing because if I’m already asked by Fiverr, why does the seller also ask?

It’s overkill, no? Getting asked multiple times would actually discourage me from reviewing because, as a buyer, I would feel forced and rushed.

What’s the point of arguing with someone who won’t listen? Despite them thinking:

From reading through this with a nonbiased point of view, I get the feeling that they think they know best and their mind won’t be changed.

What I do know, is that I’ve gotten a lot of great advice from reading through this. I know that once I start getting orders, I’ll be careful with how I word messages. Not only that, but I won’t ask people to review my services. It a personal thing because if I’m already asked by Fiverr, why does the seller also ask?

It’s overkill, no? Getting asked multiple times would actually discourage me from reviewing because, as a buyer, I would feel forced and rushed.

I get the feeling that they think they know best and their mind won’t be changed.

It’s because of what CS has said and the warnings sellers have been given for asking for reviews/ratings.

See this post linked to previously in this thread:

Actually it is against fiverr rules. It is not clarified, I must agree, but it’s against fiverr rules. I already contacted fiverr support for this, and they make it 100% clear that sellers CAN’T ask any kind of review. [feedback]

From a message from CS:

1. It is not permitted to ask the buyer to rate the order….this is not allowed at this time due to the Feedback Policy.

…Just to confirm you may not solicit a review from a buyer.

It’s not worth the risk of asking for a review. It can get a warning to your account if Fiverr sees it, eg. if the message is flagged as spam etc.

I get the feeling that they think they know best and their mind won’t be changed.

It’s because of what CS has said and the warnings sellers have been given for asking for reviews/ratings.

See this post linked to previously in this thread:

Actually it is against fiverr rules. It is not clarified, I must agree, but it’s against fiverr rules. I already contacted fiverr support for this, and they make it 100% clear that sellers CAN’T ask any kind of review. [feedback]

From a message from CS:

1. It is not permitted to ask the buyer to rate the order….this is not allowed at this time due to the Feedback Policy.

…Just to confirm you may not solicit a review from a buyer.

It’s not worth the risk of asking for a review. It can get a warning to your account if Fiverr sees it, eg. if the message is flagged as spam etc.

Which is exactly why I won’t be asking for reviews once I start getting orders. That and because it just doesn’t seen ethical? How many of those reviews are honest, you know?

Getting asked multiple times would actually discourage me from reviewing because, as a buyer, I would feel forced and rushed.

You’ve captured exactly how I would feel and why I wouldn’t ask for a review here. Getting asked twice feels pushy and takes up my time.

Which is exactly why I won’t be asking for reviews once I start getting orders. That and because it just doesn’t seen ethical? How many of those reviews are honest, you know?

That and because it just doesn’t seen ethical? How many of those reviews are honest, you know?

I totally get it.

Whether people are conscious of it or not, being asked to do something does affect how you do that action. That is bias and I’m not okay with it. First: because it can impact the value of the messaging my audience sees and second because bias tends to invite a sketchy, untrustworthy narrative that not only lacks transparency, but also lacks value and insight. Do I really want to create that impression on my page?

That and because it just doesn’t seen ethical? How many of those reviews are honest, you know?

I totally get it.

Whether people are conscious of it or not, being asked to do something does affect how you do that action. That is bias and I’m not okay with it. First: because it can impact the value of the messaging my audience sees and second because bias tends to invite a sketchy, untrustworthy narrative that not only lacks transparency, but also lacks value and insight. Do I really want to create that impression on my page?

I agree wholeheartedly. People should want to review because they genuinely appreciated the time, effort, and service that was put into the gig. Asking for a review will skew how a buyer will respond, as you said. If they’re putting in a five start review because they feel like they have to, how does one get better at their gig?

I agree wholeheartedly. People should want to review because they genuinely appreciated the time, effort, and service that was put into the gig. Asking for a review will skew how a buyer will respond, as you said. If they’re putting in a five start review because they feel like they have to, how does one get better at their gig?

Beautifully put. It should be organic and it should be genuine insight. If it’s forced in any way, these things won’t happen.

Honest insight is what makes reviews valuable to sellers and buyers.

I know that once I start getting orders, I’ll be careful with how I word messages. Not only that, but I won’t ask people to review my services. It a personal thing because if I’m already asked by Fiverr, why does the seller also ask?

Now, that’s what I call being a smart girl!

It only takes one annoyed buyer to report you and put you into trouble, and just one word for the system to catch you!

Being so, is it worth the risk swimming against the current? I guess not! 😉

No, it’s not.

Fiverr encourage the seller to ask for a review.

Don’t believe me, watch this video: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/using-quick-responses

35 seconds in.

As I said earlier, you cannot ask for a specific rating or message - but you can ask for a review.

No, it’s not.

Don’t believe me, watch this video: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/using-quick-responses

35 seconds in.

As I said earlier, you cannot ask for a specific rating or message - but you can ask for a review.

Just to make it clear. Leaving a feedback isn’t the same than leave a review. A feedback can also be a modification request.

Fiverr support already made clear that ANY KIND of rating request (positive or negative or neutral) isn’t allowed.

No, it’s not.

35 seconds in.

Just to make it clear. Leaving a feedback isn’t the same than leave a review. A feedback can also be a modification request.

Fiverr support already made clear that ANY KIND of rating request (positive or negative or neutral) isn’t allowed.

Leaving a feedback isn’t the same than leave a review.

A very important distinction. I’ve seen many here in the forum who seem to think it is the same thing and I suspect that is partly why they get into trouble with CS.

@ mariashtelle1 @ eoinfinnegan @ humanissocial @ jonbaas

The video was uploaded 2 years back. Fiverr changed their policy since then.

I figured it was something like that. I assume Fiverr just isn’t aware that that “advice” was still noted within a video still active on their site. The discussed rules on the forums are always more up-to-date.

Excellent observation. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! It’s so annoying when companies either don’t keep their public content up to date or don’t clear the cache of old content that is no longer valid.

thank you @sparx_intros for the great observation.

Now it explains everything. fiver updated their polices regarding reviews manipulation only a couple of months ago.

So advice to ask for reviews as @personalletters suggests is still remains potentially harmful for other sellers. As fiverr is known for updating their policies without notifications or updating their website in time.

I have posted a link to a video that Fiverr produced and host on their own site encouraging you to ask the buyer to leave a review.

As @sparx_intros pointed out, that video was uploaded 2 years ago. Official Fiverr videos/guidelines can (and sometimes are) obsolete, so relying just on them could get sellers in trouble.

Also, I’m not sure that asking for review really helps. You say you ask for review every time and that the percentage of reviews you get is

About 65% usually…

I never ask for a review, and 76% of my orders are rated.

Perhaps you’d get more reviews if you didn’t ask for them?

Archived