4 days ago I delivered

sureyou

Never ask for a review. This cultivates bias and no buyer owes you one. This isn’t the way to get reviews.

And writing in all-caps is hard to read. It doesn’t make your point more pronounced. It just makes you look aggressive and irrational.

I disagree.

Always ask for a review. It may encourage somebody to do so.

Fiverr encourage you to ask for feedback and reviews.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are actively encouraged by Fiverr to ask for a review.

What you are not allowed to do it influence the content of that review.

Well the current state of things is that the word “Feedback”, “Review” or “Rating” are gettting flagged, I get this a lot when I ask for some “Feedback on improving my service” (which again is something different). SO I would be carefull with this.

My persective is that it should be allowed, as long as it does not sound suggestive or like begging for a good rate. Does not have to be a “Star rating” any constructive feedback in any form is allways a good thing if you ask me 🙂

Not all buyers will give feedback, it is a normal thing, and you should not be too concerned about. If you geta rround 60% of the clients to give feedback you are doing good 🙂
That being said, be very carefull with your wording, as asking for a review or rating will get you warnings or even a banned account for repeated violations.

Make sure to go trough the Terms of Service!

All the best to you and loads of success! 🙂

Regardless of it being against Fiverr’s terms of services or not, asking for a review after order completion is just an unneeded act and it might be misleading to some buyers too.

Since i use Fiverr for both selling and buying, i do understand how a review is so important, specially for those who are still starting out. But what’s the point in asking for a review if i’ll be redirected to the review page anyway? Fiverr also sends a reminder email if you haven’t submit a review yet.

If a buyer wants to leave a review, there is no way he is going to miss the review page or the email being sent afterwards. No need to ask for one which might lead to negative impacts either from the buyer or Fiverr. Stay safe.

Same as me pretty much, 65-70% and that didn’t change when I stopped asking for reviews.

Same as me pretty much, 65-70% and that didn’t change when I stopped asking for reviews.

I stopped asking for reviews long ago after I started buying on Fiverr. I realized asking for reviews was redundant. Even though I do not ask for reviews, my review percentage is 82% right now. 😊

I stopped asking for reviews long ago after I started buying on Fiverr. I realized asking for reviews was redundant. Even though I do not ask for reviews, my review percentage is 82% right now. 😊

You must have completed close to 600 orders now. (@maitasun will know the exact maths. I’m happy to estimate!)

An 82% review percentage over that many orders is amazing!!

You must have completed close to 600 orders now. (@maitasun will know the exact maths. I’m happy to estimate!)

You must have completed close to 600 orders now.

Wow! You are smart! 593 is the exact number.

It is my silver hair. 👵

People generally respect their elders and like to give them a bit of joy in the brief life they have left to them. 😉

It is my silver hair. 👵

People generally respect their elders and like to give them a bit of joy in the brief life they have left to them. 😉

Ah, nice to know I was in the ball park. Looks like I can give Maitasun a run for her money when it comes to maths. 😉

You’re too humble! We all know that working with you is as joyous and as stress-free as driving a Rolls Royce.

It is my silver hair. 👵

It is my silver hair. 👵

There’s always the exception to the rule, and those “exceptional people”, seem to not have been taught at home to do so.

Regardless of it being against Fiverr’s terms of services or not, asking for a review after order completion is just an unneeded act and it might be misleading to some buyers too.

Since i use Fiverr for both selling and buying, i do understand how a review is so important, specially for those who are still starting out. But what’s the point in asking for a review if i’ll be redirected to the review page anyway? Fiverr also sends a reminder email if you haven’t submit a review yet.

If a buyer wants to leave a review, there is no way he is going to miss the review page or the email being sent afterwards. No need to ask for one which might lead to negative impacts either from the buyer or Fiverr. Stay safe.

To each their own.

But it’s not misleading in anyway.

Not all buyers will give feedback, it is a normal thing, and you should not be too concerned about. If you geta rround 60% of the clients to give feedback you are doing good 🙂

That being said, be very carefull with your wording, as asking for a review or rating will get you warnings or even a banned account for repeated violations.

Make sure to go trough the Terms of Service!

All the best to you and loads of success! 🙂

Asking for a review will not get you a warning.

To each their own.

No, i’m not talking about your own personal perspective on the situation. I’m talking about buyers in general (based on what we have read and seen for the past few years on the platform.) It might not be misleading to you as a buyer, but it is to others. Specially that we have seen many buyers before rant on forum about sellers asking for reviews after order completion.

That’s not 100% correct. Asking for a review did get other sellers a warning. Thus, we can’t really say that what you’re saying is correct. Indeed it’s biased on your own experience only. What works for you might not work for others.

I’m sure buyers appreciate your ethical practices. 82% is awesome!!!

No, i’m not talking about your own personal perspective on the situation. I’m talking about buyers in general (based on what we have read and seen for the past few years on the platform.) It might not be misleading to you as a buyer, but it is to others. Specially that we have seen many buyers before rant on forum about sellers asking for reviews after order completion.

That’s not 100% correct. Asking for a review did get other sellers a warning. Thus, we can’t really say that what you’re saying is correct. Indeed it’s biased on your own experience only. What works for you might not work for others.

There is nothing misleading at all about the words ‘if you wouldn’t mind leaving review of your experience I’d appreciate it’.

If people have been getting warning I’m going to suggest there’s more to it.

"Asking for review. It’s not forbidden to ask for a review, unless you ask for a positive review (or for 5 stars), but Fiverr already does it for you. Buyers get notified twice to review the work. Some buyers might get annoyed if you ask them for a review, and give you a lower rating "

This is what I meant by “be careful about the wording”, I have gotten many automated warnings (and flagged messages) for certain keywords used in a different context.

Also keep in mind that english is not the first language of many sellers, so they might break the rule regarding “asking for a POSITIVE review” without being aware of it 🙂

Out curiosity, why do you see asking a buyer to leave a review as unethical, if that’s what you meant?

It depends on how or what the seller solicits.

If they feel coerced or obligated in any way, this can create bias, which is unethical because reviews are supposed to be honest to serve the needs of buyers, not the sellers of the product.

It’s possible to solicit a review ethically, but accomplishing that depends on many factors and, as @patrickcharlie points out, it is tricky to do. Many sellers here have poor communication skills and that makes it even trickier.

It depends on how or what the seller solicits.

If they feel coerced or obligated in any way, this can create bias, which is unethical because reviews are supposed to be honest to serve the needs of buyers, not the sellers of the product.

It’s possible to solicit a review ethically, but accomplishing that depends on many factors and, as @patrickcharlie points out, it is tricky to do. Many sellers here have poor communication skills and that makes it even trickier.

You can’t Police the world.

If you simply ask for a review there is nothing wrong with that.

I guess there’s not really any point debating this any further with you. I have agreed with you that the video you linked seems to suggest Fiverr encourages people to ask for reviews which makes your point valid. I also agree it shouldn’t be an issue and that there is nothing ethically wrong with asking.

However, when it’s been pointed out that people have reported that they have received warnings for doing exactly what you say, you simply dismiss them as liars (politely of course) despite having no reason to do so. It was also pointed out that a customer support rep said exactly the opposite to you, namely that even asking for a review is against the rules, yet you still don’t see that caution should be exercised when advising people about this.

Finally, we both get around 65-70% of buyers reviewing us so the very idea of taking the risk of asking seems to be pointless anyway. In that situation, surely it makes more sense not to ask?

Archived