Block / hide posts by user (Resolved)

visualstudios

On 4/7/2020 at 12:29 PM, ahmwritingco said:

Click your profile pic in the top right. Then click on your username. Then go to “preferences”. Then select “users”. You’ll have the option to add people to your ignore list.

Thanks! It’s a bit hidden, they should make it available straight from right clicking a user on the forum.

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

Every experience has been bad since i got on here, It’s been so many times that people promise me to contact me after a certain date then when that does not happen they ignore me like seriously? Same with someone who asked my files to look at it and never ever responded to me after that like they just stole and have my personal files they can easily just use make and sell… This platform is such a scam and there is no way to report someone since the button does not exist! You legit have to contact support for that and that doesn’t even do anything…

• Like 3

On 4/12/2021 at 8:16 PM, mahabubulhoq said:

misleading new sellers here on Fiverr forum!!

If you feel someone on the Fiverr Forum is misleading you, you can flag them by clicking on the 3 … dots in the lower right-hand corner of their post.

There you will see a black flag. Click on the flag, and a menu comes up. Now you will have a choice of reasons to report the post.

If none of the reasons in the checklist fit, pick “Something Else,” and there, you can write a message to a moderator to explain the issue. 

• Like 10

On 4/12/2021 at 11:30 PM, ayushshukla102 said:

Every experience has been bad since i got on here, It’s been so many times that people promise me to contact me after a certain date then when that does not happen they ignore me like seriously? Same with someone who asked my files to look at it and never ever responded to me after that like they just stole and have my personal files they can easily just use make and sell… This platform is such a scam and there is no way to report someone since the button does not exist! You legit have to contact support for that and that doesn’t even do anything…

Are you talking about buyers or people in the forum? This guy is asking about other forum users giving misleading or incorrect information. Your post seems to be on another subject entirely.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:20 AM, mahabubulhoq said:

options to ignore

You were already guided how to report someone. You can ignore or block users in the forum whom you do not want to participate with, see their posts etc. Click on their name in the forum post - and then click again on their name when their info pops up. From there, it will take you to their page in the forum and on the RIGHT hand side, there will be an icon that will say “Normal” - click on the drop down menu tab thingee and you will have the option to either “MUTE” or “IGNORE” them. When you click either of these, you no longer have to view their posts. I think though, that if you come upon their posts in a thread, you will still have a choice to view them, but you have to click on a link that says, “View Ignored Content”.

GG

• Like 14
  • Up 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Expand "Ignore" to hide threads which the Ignored user started

Maybe this is a bug. I tried cleaning up Tips for Buyers by putting all the sellers who post their gigs there on Ignore. I checked all the boxes for the three available ignore types. I gave it an hour it case it took time to apply. I still see their threads. All Ignore does is hide their post within the thread. 

• Like 15
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, moikchap said:

Maybe this is a bug. I tried cleaning up Tips for Buyers by putting all the sellers who post their gigs there on Ignore. I checked all the boxes for the three available ignore types. I gave it an hour it case it took time to apply. I still see their threads. All Ignore does is hide their post within the thread.

I've noticed this too. It seems that checking all three boxes only actually hides replies they make within other threads.

You still see them in the right hand column if they're the most recent post in a thread, and you still see every topic they start themselves, all of which sort of defeats the purpose of the feature.

@mjensen415 Any chance we'll get a version of ignore that covers everything?

• Like 11

• 1 year later...

Question - How to Block Closed Group Posts?

I use the "Unread Content" button to see what's new on the Fiverr Forum when I visit. Alongside all the other scintillating posts, I get everything posted in the  Fiverr Community Club: Bangladesh Discussion. I am not Bangladeshi and I am not a member of this club. 

How can I stop getting these posts in the list? 

General suggestion to Fiverr: Do not put closed group posts where everyone can see them. That seems counterintuitive to the idea of 'members only' groups. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 2

• 8 months later...