:man_facepalming: My [bad] first impression of the Skills Test feature

woofy31

It’s odd but we were using the same textbooks and materials and case studies they use at Harvard. I’m not sure those four Ps are exactly from an advanced course.

My point is that the “four Ps of marketing” are not something like a thing every marketing expert is taught, as if it’s a basic thing people should have memorized.

That’s not to say they are not correct, just not on the top of every marketing professionals mind.

It’s odd but we were using the same textbooks and materials and case studies they use at Harvard.

4Ps have been developped by a professor at Harvard University (and popularised by Kotler).

I can’t believe that they don’t speak about 4Ps.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s odd but we were using the same textbooks and materials and case studies they use at Harvard.

4Ps have been developped by a professor at Harvard University (and popularised by Kotler).

I can’t believe that they don’t speak about 4Ps.

It’s possible someone mentioned it. I just don’t recall it or remember having it drilled into my mind. We were studying actual cases, companies, brands, etc.

The thing is I just highlighted and searched “what is 4P?” (Marketing).” and the 4 Ps popped up. Essentially anyone will be able to do that, to pass one of these lame, outdated tests.

The thing is I just highlighted and searched “what is 4P?” (Marketing).” and the 4 Ps popped up. Essentially anyone will be able to do that, to pass one of these lame, outdated tests.

It would be interesting to know the score of someone who doesn’t know anything about a topic and uses google for the test. Let’s try and tell us what is your score!

It would be interesting to know the score of someone who doesn’t know anything about a topic and uses google for the test. Let’s try and tell us what is your score!

😮!!! LOL - Well I consider myself considerably knowledgeable as far as social marketing goes - it’s what I do! But, I’ll likely never take the tests - until they are updated, and grammatically correct. 😶

My first experience with this entire test concept was a “logo design” test on a competing platform. 50% of the questions were about Corel Draw, a.k.a. the extinct dinosaur of a software, a.k.a. the subject of countless “how do I even open this?” threads on every design forum ever.

I just can’t treat online tests seriously since then. And selling them to potential buyers as an adequate tool for measuring the actual, practical skills the person has (because this is where this is going for sure) doesn’t help anyone, buyers or sellers alike.

My first experience with this entire test concept was a “logo design” test on a competing platform. 50% of the questions were about Corel Draw, a.k.a. the extinct dinosaur of a software, a.k.a. the subject of countless “how do I even open this?” threads on every design forum ever.

I just can’t treat online tests seriously since then. And selling them to potential buyers as an adequate tool for measuring the actual, practical skills the person has (because this is where this is going for sure) doesn’t help anyone, buyers or sellers alike.

That’s exactly how I see it. How does an outdated, terribly flawed online test - filled with grammatical errors - over-ride years of practical experience…

And to try to persuade sellers to take them, so they can help build confidence in potential buyers, is actually pretty laughable. (and kind of insulting to the sellers, at the same time…)

😮!!! LOL - Well I consider myself considerably knowledgeable as far as social marketing goes - it’s what I do! But, I’ll likely never take the tests - until they are updated, and grammatically correct. 😶

But, I’ll likely never take the tests - until they are updated, and grammatically correct. 😶

… and completely faultless. Wthout gaps, flaws and no correct answers to choose from… 😉

That’s exactly how I see it. How does an outdated, terribly flawed online test - filled with grammatical errors - over-ride years of practical experience…

And to try to persuade sellers to take them, so they can help build confidence in potential buyers, is actually pretty laughable. (and kind of insulting to the sellers, at the same time…)

so they can help build confidence

So they can build statistics.

I have just seen a profile of a seller who passed different tests with very high scores: 9.2, 9.8 and 10.
I am 100% sure that when buyers will be informed that there are skill tests they will try to find those who have the higher scores (as they do on another platform…) and this seller will attract many customers!
Buyers are not aware of the problems we (sellers) are facing. For them, a skill test implemented by Fiverr is an easy and perfect way to find good sellers.
So, be positive… forget your connection problems, grammar mistakes or similar answers in the tests… We all have these issues but some sellers manage to get 10 out of 10!
Skill tests are a new opportunity to show that you know what you are talking about and to MAKE THE DIFFERENCE with other sellers who don’t know anything! It’s the most important thing to keep in mind.
Good Luck with your tests!

I have just seen a profile of a seller who passed different tests with very high scores: 9.2, 9.8 and 10.

I am 100% sure that when buyers will be informed that there are skill tests they will try to find those who have the higher scores (as they do on another platform…) and this seller will attract many customers!

Buyers are not aware of the problems we (sellers) are facing. For them, a skill test implemented by Fiverr is an easy and perfect way to find good sellers.

So, be positive… forget your connection problems, grammar mistakes or similar answers in the tests… We all have these issues but some sellers manage to get 10 out of 10!

Skill tests are a new opportunity to show that you know what you are talking about and to MAKE THE DIFFERENCE with other sellers who don’t know anything! It’s the most important thing to keep in mind.

So, be positive… forget your connection problems, grammar mistakes or similar answers in the tests…

good_luck_with_your_tests.jpg.3d93ddd1b70fcbffc7937f23146f785c.jpg

10??? 😳 So there’s still hope for some sellers :roll_eyes: Can you please tell us what category was it?

Regarding the 9.8, 9.2 and buyers finding those with the higher scores, let me paste what I said on this thread What if I failed the fiverr skill test due to slow Internet? Please excuse me for quoting myself.

Maitasun:

"When something is wrong from the beginning, it can’t stand logical reasoning.

In the long run, as the amount of people taking the tests rises, anybody who got rated lower than 9.8 to 9.5 will be shown simply as “passed” - which for itself is weird - but… (there’s always a but) … not everyone who was rated as “passed” would have had a lower rate than the stated above.

Let me put it this way and with simple round numbers to better understand.

Let’s say 100 sellers took X test and 15 of them got 9.8. If only 10% of the sellers with the highest scores will be rated as Top 10% (10 sellers), what happens with the other 5 that also got 9.8? Well, the system will consider them just “passed”… 🤨

May I say, this example can happen… :roll_eyes:

In addition to all the gaps and flaws, this type of test is not for massive evaluation. At best, it could be useful for recruiting personnel or evaluating staff skills."

Sorry to disagree with you on this. I don’t know how to say this in English but in Spanish we say “the walk is demontrated by walking” (El caminar se demuestra andando).

Buyers seeking sellers who took faulty tests that can be cheated will only lead to frustrated buyers and sadly, there are already many of them. This type of tests doesn’t make the difference and they’re an opportunity to show nothing, WE ourselves are the ones that make the difference with or without tests.

That’s good news. How does one pass a test with either no correct answers to some questions, or duplicate answers? That is my question.

So I don’t sell anything here, I just saw the skill tests when I logged on to approve some work and figured I’d take some to fill in half an hour. Was immediately annoyed by the general terribleness of them (especially anatomy, questions that are easily checked eg. the weight of a human heart with four wildly incorrect answers) and searched to see if anybody else was complaining. Saw this post and figured why not, so I just took the English to Spanish translation one by asking my phone each question (I don’t speak a word of Spanish) - took me 17 minutes out of the 40 allowed, I got 7.2/10.

So I don’t sell anything here, I just saw the skill tests when I logged on to approve some work and figured I’d take some to fill in half an hour. Was immediately annoyed by the general terribleness of them (especially anatomy, questions that are easily checked eg. the weight of a human heart with four wildly incorrect answers) and searched to see if anybody else was complaining. Saw this post and figured why not, so I just took the English to Spanish translation one by asking my phone each question (I don’t speak a word of Spanish) - took me 17 minutes out of the 40 allowed, I got 7.2/10.

so I just took the English to Spanish translation one by asking my phone each question (I don’t speak a word of Spanish)

I also cheated when answering the 4Ps to @carineb 😂 Please don’t tell her 🥺

It took me a second to find the answer searching Google 😉

Therein lies the problem. Many of us think it’s infuriating - or just wrong to have buyers deceived into thinking that sellers who pass faulty, cheatable tests - with flying colors - are somehow are the better option to go with, than someone that hasn’t.

My 8 years experience as an advertiser, with close to 6000 positive reviews - are my “test” results.

My actual hands-on work results should supersede any written test result. That is the point I am trying to make.

The tests as they are now, are faulty, misleading and deceptive.

That’s good news. How does one pass a test with either no correct answers to some questions, or duplicate answers? That is my question.

I have passed different tests and had this problem. This problem always occured on the first question and only once in a test. There are 39 other questions…

so I just took the English to Spanish translation one by asking my phone each question (I don’t speak a word of Spanish)

I also cheated when answering the 4Ps to @carineb 😂 Please don’t tell her 🥺

It took me a second to find the answer searching Google 😉

Spanish)

😉

Every answers will not be so easy to find on google.

Everyone here is able to find the answer about for 4Ps but the web sites who are supposed to give the answers are not able to give such a basic answer! There are so many mistakes on these websites that I think that they have been created to be sure that cheaters won’t succeed!

I have passed different tests and had this problem. This problem always occured on the first question and only once in a test. There are 39 other questions…

If this problem always happens - at least in all the tests you have taken - how could anyone get a 10??? 😮

There are so many mistakes on these websites that I think that they have been created to be sure that cheaters won’t succeed!

There’s no need of these webs you’re talking about. Cheaters are cheaters till the end of time and will always find a way to cheat 😉

Spanish)

😉

Every answers will not be so easy to find on google.

Everyone here is able to find the answer about for 4Ps but the web sites who are supposed to give the answers are not able to give such a basic answer! There are so many mistakes on these websites that I think that they have been created to be sure that cheaters won’t succeed!

Actually, no, you can find the why if you look, it is them wanting people to buy their service (the correct answers or people to take the tests for them), not to provide cheaters with all the correct answers for nothing from the goodness of their heart. “We only guarantee that you pass if you buy our service”. Whether you’d want to trust that guarantee, of course, is a different thing again.

Archived