Feedback Modification has been removed

psychicbunny

So now what am I supposed to do if a client clicks too fast or a glitch causes them to leave less than 5 stars?

You’re focusing on the extremes here. You’re just going to have to be willing to take the good with the bad. In the grand scheme of things, I imagine a buyer “clicking too fast” or review glitches aren’t going to be major problems, nor the majority of reviews you receive. Things happen – including the 4.7 review glitch. – It’s a good thing, then, that Fiverr lowered the rating requirement to 4.7. 😉

You’re focusing on the extremes here.

It’s not that I’m being extreme, I worked very hard to grow my business organically and now with changes like these and me being a perfectionist it drives me nuts. They literally could of removed the revision button instead of this. It is what it is but still.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now what am I supposed to do if a client clicks too fast or a glitch causes them to leave less than 5 stars?

You’re focusing on the extremes here. You’re just going to have to be willing to take the good with the bad. In the grand scheme of things, I imagine a buyer “clicking too fast” or review glitches aren’t going to be major problems, nor the majority of reviews you receive. Things happen – including the 4.7 review glitch. – It’s a good thing, then, that Fiverr lowered the rating requirement to 4.7. 😉

Things happen – including the 4.7 review glitch. – It’s a good thing, then, that Fiverr lowered the rating requirement to 4.7. 😉

You’ve got as bad maths as Fiverr. 4.7 reviews are rounded down to 4.5. All lowering rating requirements has done is keep everything exactly the same as it was before.

Also, blind reviews/taking away the option to modify reviews don’t help protect sellers from bad buyers. Scammers use multiple accounts to get work FOC on Fiverr. The first red flag is always a new to Fiverr buyer who places a high-value order and/or starts asking sellers for extra work and multiple revisions. - All of which is usually followed by a chargeback.

Removing sellers’ right of reply AND removing any ability to have malicious reviews and reviews left in error amended, simply leaves sellers open to more abuse than under the old system.

What would be nice, is if Fiverr CS staff could be provided with some kind of test. Namely, one which trains and checks their ability to distinguish between technical bugs, malicious reviews, and seller attempts at manipulating reviews.

It’s not that I’m being extreme, I worked very hard to grow my business organically

Exactlty

Things happen – including the 4.7 review glitch. – It’s a good thing, then, that Fiverr lowered the rating requirement to 4.7. 😉

You’ve got as bad maths as Fiverr. 4.7 reviews are rounded down to 4.5. All lowering rating requirements has done is keep everything exactly the same as it was before.

Also, blind reviews/taking away the option to modify reviews don’t help protect sellers from bad buyers. Scammers use multiple accounts to get work FOC on Fiverr. The first red flag is always a new to Fiverr buyer who places a high-value order and/or starts asking sellers for extra work and multiple revisions. - All of which is usually followed by a chargeback.

Removing sellers’ right of reply AND removing any ability to have malicious reviews and reviews left in error amended, simply leaves sellers open to more abuse than under the old system.

What would be nice, is if Fiverr CS staff could be provided with some kind of test. Namely, one which trains and checks their ability to distinguish between technical bugs, malicious reviews, and seller attempts at manipulating reviews.

It’s not that I’m being extreme, I worked very hard to grow my business organically

Exactlty

Scammers use multiple accounts to get work FOC on Fiverr.

Oh man Fiverr will spot that stuff FAST. My sister made an account on Fiverr once and my account was suspended for a few days because of the same IP addresses.

That’s one of the things that made me slightly happy about Fiverr - there used to be times when other sellers would make fake accounts to leave competitors reviews. Not anymore!

Exactlty

You’ve got as bad maths as Fiverr. 4.7 reviews are rounded down to 4.5.

They are DISPLAYED (rounded) as 4.5 publicly, but they are counted accurately against your stats (i.e., as a 4.7). If they were rounded for private accounting, then what would be the point of the 4.7 rating requirement in your Analytics, since you would only have accounting ratings at 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0 intervals?

That’s suck.

Hey Fiverr , why not eliminate the review system altogether?

Buyer no need to leave review, Seller no need worry bad review.

Fiverr no need hire more CS to handle review.

Seem a good & simple solution.

Only left out how many sales a seller had been made would make sense.

Logically more sales = better.

Review system not really accurate, everyone opinion and expectation are different.

Like the new iPhone I would only rate 4 star, fanboy would rate 5 stars.

That would be great for new sellers, but for people like you, or other levelled sellers, that would become a problem.

However, how should the quality of a seller be measured in terms of client experiences?

Scammers use multiple accounts to get work FOC on Fiverr.

Oh man Fiverr will spot that stuff FAST. My sister made an account on Fiverr once and my account was suspended for a few days because of the same IP addresses.

That’s one of the things that made me slightly happy about Fiverr - there used to be times when other sellers would make fake accounts to leave competitors reviews. Not anymore!

Sadly, spoofing IP addresses is altogether easy.

They are DISPLAYED (rounded) as 4.5 publicly, but they are counted accurately against your stats (i.e., as a 4.7).

That’s interesting. Prior to 4.7 reviews being displayed as 4.7, they were counted as 4.5. Are you sure about this? Also, if 4.7 reviews are counted as 4.7, why even bother displaying them as 4.5?

They are DISPLAYED (rounded) as 4.5 publicly, but they are counted accurately against your stats (i.e., as a 4.7).

That’s interesting. Prior to 4.7 reviews being displayed as 4.7, they were counted as 4.5. Are you sure about this? Also, if 4.7 reviews are counted as 4.7, why even bother displaying them as 4.5?

if 4.7 reviews are counted as 4.7, why even bother displaying them as 4.5?

That was the point I was making, that for some strange reason, fiverr wants sellers to have more bad reviews, along with all the other things that have been done to affect reviews lately that hurt sellers.

if 4.7 reviews are counted as 4.7, why even bother displaying them as 4.5?

That was the point I was making, that for some strange reason, fiverr wants sellers to have more bad reviews, along with all the other things that have been done to affect reviews lately that hurt sellers.

I have an idea… You don’t think buyers have threatened Fiverr with lawsuits over this stuff? Like a seller “soliciting” a review and the buyer finding out their review was changed without their permission? Or maybe certain websites are talking about the Fiverr Review system negatively?

I honestly have no idea why Fiverr displays rounded ratings publicly. Perhaps they feel that adds consistency and “balances things out” in terms of what a buyer sees from gig to gig? Maybe data that was too precise was confusing to buyers? … [shrug]

The fact is this, buyers don’t need reviews, nor need them to be shown. Why? In the past, having buyer reviews made public would make sense but now, this is moot. How so?

Scenario//
Buyer with a 1.5 star rating makes a purchase. The seller recognizes this and wishes not to do business with this buyer, so what does the seller do? The seller can cancel and take a hit to their cancellation statistics and so with too many of these they’ll eventually lose their levels or the seller can accept, have a hard time with the buyer and get a 1 star rating, taking a hit to their star rating. Now because the seller can’t respond to the bad review, the seller may have done a good job but now has a bad rating with no counter from the seller’s side. So yeah, buyer reviews make no sense now.

To add, with feedback removal being removed with so many bugs crawling around: bugs in the app, bugs in browsers. I got a 1 star rating three weeks ago, the reason? The buyer said I never responded to their revision request and that I had marked the order complete (mind you 5 days after delivery, even after I mentioned if there were any adjustments needed as the order will soon be closed). I told them, I never received any revisions. When the buyer checked, he was perturbed to see his messages never reached me. Needless to say, I worked with him, and we got that entire thing sorted. All of that is because of a browser issue, Safari (and this happened to many of my buyers) does not do well with Fiverr’s chat system. So yeah, this new take on blind feedback and modification on feedback is going to hurt up this marketplace, I mean hurt up!

The fact is this, buyers don’t need reviews, nor need them to be shown. Why? In the past, having buyer reviews made public would make sense but now, this is moot. How so?

Scenario//

Buyer with a 1.5 star rating makes a purchase. The seller recognizes this and wishes not to do business with this buyer, so what does the seller do? The seller can cancel and take a hit to their cancellation statistics and so with too many of these they’ll eventually lose their levels or the seller can accept, have a hard time with the buyer and get a 1 star rating, taking a hit to their star rating. Now because the seller can’t respond to the bad review, the seller may have done a good job but now has a bad rating with no counter from the seller’s side. So yeah, buyer reviews make no sense now.

To add, with feedback removal being removed with so many bugs crawling around: bugs in the app, bugs in browsers. I got a 1 star rating three weeks ago, the reason? The buyer said I never responded to their revision request and that I had marked the order complete (mind you 5 days after delivery, even after I mentioned if there were any adjustments needed as the order will soon be closed). I told them, I never received any revisions. When the buyer checked, he was perturbed to see his messages never reached me. Needless to say, I worked with him, and we got that entire thing sorted. All of that is because of a browser issue, Safari (and this happened to many of my buyers) does not do well with Fiverr’s chat system. So yeah, this new take on blind feedback and modification on feedback is going to hurt up this marketplace, I mean hurt up!

So yeah, buyer reviews make no sense now.

Exactly. I’ve had buyers tell me they left a 1-star for another seller, got a 1-star review back, but left 5-stars for me. Maybe they genuinely DID have a bad experience with another seller. Unless I see a buyer who’s had like 3 straight negative reviews, I’d be cautious. But that is so rare, come on.

Scenario//

Sellers will be able to block/ignor buyers they don’t wish to work with. Did you not see the recent announcement? 😉

FIV011_Social_v1-Blog-1.jpg.0fadf2a3990861f280cd1461585b48a9.jpgBeing part of Fiverr means being part of one of the largest digital communities in the world. We want people we can trust, people we can communicate with (whether that means problem-solving or politely leaving some arguments alone), and people who look out for the good of the community as a whole. These basics of good communication, safety and trust are all part of the foundation of the marketplace we have created together, and improving on these things is part of gro…

Sellers will be able to block/ignor buyers they don’t wish to work with. Did you not see the recent announcement? 😉

[FIV011_Social_v1-Blog-1]Being part of Fiverr means being part of one of the largest digital communities in the world. We want people we can trust, people we can communicate with (whether that means problem-solving or politely leaving some arguments alone), and people who look out for the good of the community as a whole. These basics of good communication, safety and trust are all part of the foundation of the marketplace we have created together, and improving on these things is part of gro…

Sellers will be able to block/ignor buyers they don’t wish to work with. Did you not see the recent announcement?

Yeah but if they buy your gig already you either take a cancellation hit or a possible negative review. What would you do?

[FIV011_Social_v1-Blog-1]Being part of Fiverr means being part of one of the largest digital communities in the world. We want people we can trust, people we can communicate with (whether that means problem-solving or politely leaving some arguments alone), and people who look out for the good of the community as a whole. These basics of good communication, safety and trust are all part of the foundation of the marketplace we have created together, and improving on these things is part of gro…

This is after the fact, you still have an initial order. Remember this is after you come in contact with the buyer, read again, you still don’t accept or decline orders, so an order can still come through before you block. 😉

Sellers will be able to block/ignor buyers they don’t wish to work with. Did you not see the recent announcement?

Yeah but if they buy your gig already you either take a cancellation hit or a possible negative review. What would you do?

This is after the fact, you still have an initial order. Remember this is after you come in contact with the buyer, read again, you still don’t accept or decline orders, so an order can still come through before you block. 😉

There are no magic solutions that fix every situation.

There are no magic solutions that fix every situation.

We aren’t saying that’s the case, but at the same time, you don’t downgrade, this will do much more harm than good especially, especially because of the bugs that exist.

I cannot answer this specifically, because every order, and every buyer is different. I, personally, take orders as they come, rather than worry about what might happen. I also work with buyers to provide solutions rather than just clicking the cancel button automatically, or demanding something that might result in an unhappy buyer.

Perhaps they will add the feature back once they start to get twice as many tickets, all asking them to correct a review buyer placed mistakenly 😂 Though they do have the copy paste prepared for those tickets, so shouldn’t take more than 10 seconds to handle them!

Perhaps they will add the feature back once they start to get twice as many tickets

Crossing my fingers lmao

It’s a disservice to potential buyers to not give explanations when there is a bad review left for a seller. It is removal of needed information, just as it is a removal of information to not show the lifetime number of reviews a gig has without making people hover their mouse over each gig.

Why block people from having positive, needed information about a gig and a seller?
It seems like it is meant to discourage sales.

I have no interest in leaving a “blind review” for any buyer. The only time I’ve ever left a review for a buyer was to explain the bad reviews.

It’s a disservice to potential buyers to not give explanations when there is a bad review left for a seller. It is removal of needed information, just as it is a removal of information to not show the lifetime number of reviews a gig has without making people hover their mouse over each gig.

Why block people from having positive, needed information about a gig and a seller?

It seems like it is meant to discourage sales.

I have no interest in leaving a “blind review” for any buyer. The only time I’ve ever left a review for a buyer was to explain the bad reviews.

I’m nervous to leave feedback now because I don’t want to leave a “Happy to help! Many blessings to you!” If my buyer writes “Damn this chick has some bad readings!” Lol

I’m nervous to leave feedback now because I don’t want to leave a “Happy to help! Many blessings to you!” If my buyer writes “Damn this chick has some bad readings!” Lol

Just leave a response to a bad review under the next review 🙂

Archived