poll  

432 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I like it
    • I don’t like it

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The words “Would you buy this service again” is a trigger for the more passive-aggressive buyers. It allows them to get out that hidden aggression by saying no.

The words “Would you buy this service again”

This is the problem with stars. Maybe it would be better if they add just few words to it.

“If you need this service again, would you buy it” or something like that

We’re going in circles. In the real business world (with the exception of companies that get political), the best performers are protected, not demoted. A stockbroker is expected to bring a minimum amount of business, if he fails to do that, he gets demoted, sometimes fired.

You are looking at Fiverr as a company that we all work for - it isnt. The level badges are not the equivalent of a McDonalds star for being the most smiley employee. If you consider the levels to be more like a guarantee of quality like when a business has “Guaranteed Made in America” or “Certified Organic” on them. Start seeing yourself as a business because that is what Fiverr’s target market want to see you as.

I have no idea why people keep protecting fiverr, you protecting them and you wont get any benefit & they getting more cocky and harsh to us (seller). We need to keep monitoring (aka complaining) fiverr then they only move to a better direction which serves well for more peoples. We need to let them know what they did is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

People have different opinions on this whole subject. If Fiverr was still the “Get someone to do something weird for $5” place that it was 5 years ago then I wouldn’t be getting the type of professional clients I am now. I don’t like the implementation but I do like the idea of increasing the professionalism on the site.

One of the reasons that I myself find it irritating to continuously hear the same people complaining about the Evaluations is that I know some of these people were part of the reason that they were introduced in the first place.

There were “TRSs” who were cancelling 50% of their orders to avoid negative reviews, refunding orders any time there was a sniff of a chance that they might get less than 5 stars; instead of getting stuck in and being professional, they refunded orders and gave the buyers a bad experience which costs Fiverr money and ensures that some buyers leave the platform which affects the rest of us.

Those are the type of people who made it necessary for evaluations to be brought in, yet I see many of them are the most vociferous in complaining about it. If I was going to complain about anything, it would be aimed towards those people, not Fiverr who are simply working towards building a better and more professional platform.

We are almost 5 months into this change, I cant see the evaluations being scrapped. I do hope they improve the implementation soon but in terms of it being reversed, I really hope it isnt as then the people who got away with rubbish in the past will just revert to it and bring the reputation of the whole site down again with them.

There were “TRSs” who were cancelling 50% of their orders to avoid negative reviews

That sounds unlikely. If I have spent time working on a project, I want to get paid! Back in the day, I only cancelled orders that were really difficult and beyond my abilities, and if the client was really unhappy and threatening bad reviews. After all, when you offer “satisfaction guaranteed or your money back,” that’s what your’e expected to do.

My highest cancellation rate was 17% in September 2017, I lost $188 but made $1,457.

Last month, my cancellation rate was 5.44%. I lost $35 but made $514.

Life before monthly evaluations was a lot better. Fiverr’s changes have forced me to make changes. The easiest way to stop cancellations and bad reviews is to delete “problem” gigs, anything under 4.8. The problem with that is you’re also deleting your income, but at least you won’t be getting demoted again, nor you will. This system is so unpredictable that a few “ordered by mistake” refunds can get you demoted.

There were “TRSs” who were cancelling 50% of their orders to avoid negative reviews

That sounds unlikely. If I have spent time working on a project, I want to get paid! Back in the day, I only cancelled orders that were really difficult and beyond my abilities, and if the client was really unhappy and threatening bad reviews. After all, when you offer “satisfaction guaranteed or your money back,” that’s what your’e expected to do.

My highest cancellation rate was 17% in September 2017, I lost $188 but made $1,457.

Life before monthly evaluations was a lot better. Fiverr’s changes have forced me to make changes. The easiest way to stop cancellations and bad reviews is to delete “problem” gigs, anything under 4.8. The problem with that is you’re also deleting your income, but at least you won’t be getting demoted again, nor you will. This system is so unpredictable that a few “ordered by mistake” refunds can get you demoted.

Life before monthly evaluations was a lot better.

Perhaps, but that was then, this is now. I’m pretty sure the evaluations are here to stay, and if we wish to continue hosting our services on Fiverr, we’re going to have to learn how to work within the new rules. Most long-term sellers have already been doing this for the last four months.

The easiest way to stop cancellations and bad reviews is to delete “problem” gigs, anything under 4.8

Those are two very different things. The easiest way to stop cancellations (outside the accidental order ones) is to really laser focus on your gig description, and be strong when someone asks for a cancel. Tell them no and fight for your pay. But I agree this is only partially in your control. On the other hand, the easiest way to stop bad reviews is to deliver great work on time with a great attitude. And you are 100% in control of that.

Life before monthly evaluations was a lot better.

Perhaps, but that was then, this is now. I’m pretty sure the evaluations are here to stay, and if we wish to continue hosting our services on Fiverr, we’re going to have to learn how to work within the new rules. Most long-term sellers have already been doing this for the last four months.

I’m pretty sure the evaluations are here to stay, and if we wish to continue hosting our services on Fiverr, we’re going to have to learn how to work within the new rules.

My experience with Fiverr is that nothing is forever, so I still hope the new rules will go away.

The easiest way to stop cancellations (outside the accidental order ones) is to really laser focus on your gig description, and be strong when someone asks for a cancel. Tell them no and fight for your pay.

I think my gig descriptions are crystal clear. Even then, there are people who see a gig video and think that’s what they’re buying. I have one of a bullet breaking through letters, and got one order thinking that’s what I’m selling, when the gig title has nothing to do with that.

Quality control is relative. If I ask you to come up with brand names for a sign making supply store, how will you know if you are delivering quality or not? I am the client, I will make that decision. If you refuse to give me a refund, I will complain to CS and they will refund the order.

So you see? It’s the client who’s 100% in control of that. Before the monthly evaluations, I used to complain about all that money I was losing though cancellations. I was very shortsighted, I should have focused on all the money I was making. Now I’m losing a pittance from cancellations.

I’m pretty sure the evaluations are here to stay, and if we wish to continue hosting our services on Fiverr, we’re going to have to learn how to work within the new rules.

My experience with Fiverr is that nothing is forever, so I still hope the new rules will go away.

The easiest way to stop cancellations (outside the accidental order ones) is to really laser focus on your gig description, and be strong when someone asks for a cancel. Tell them no and fight for your pay.

I think my gig descriptions are crystal clear. Even then, there are people who see a gig video and think that’s what they’re buying. I have one of a bullet breaking through letters, and got one order thinking that’s what I’m selling, when the gig title has nothing to do with that.

Quality control is relative. If I ask you to come up with brand names for a sign making supply store, how will you know if you are delivering quality or not? I am the client, I will make that decision. If you refuse to give me a refund, I will complain to CS and they will refund the order.

So you see? It’s the client who’s 100% in control of that. Before the monthly evaluations, I used to complain about all that money I was losing though cancellations. I was very shortsighted, I should have focused on all the money I was making. Now I’m losing a pittance from cancellations.

, there are people who see a gig video and think that’s what they’re buying.

I don’t think videos are helpful for most gigs, unless you sell videos.

I skip those gigs that have videos since it is time consuming to watch them and they usually are extremely dull.

An eye catching graphic is usually much better. If you want to give more info you can use a PDF file.

, there are people who see a gig video and think that’s what they’re buying.

I skip those gigs that have videos since it is time consuming to watch them and they usually are extremely dull.

An eye catching graphic is usually much better. If you want to give more info you can use a PDF file.

Every book I read about making money on Fiverr suggested videos, but now I see that my #1 gig has no video and I’m stilling getting orders.

Sometimes buyers will compliment you for a video, other times they don’t.

Since I’ve been focused on gig images, and videos interfere with that, I’ve removed many videos.

Every book I read about making money on Fiverr suggested videos, but now I see that my #1 gig has no video and I’m stilling getting orders.

Sometimes buyers will compliment you for a video, other times they don’t.

Since I’ve been focused on gig images, and videos interfere with that, I’ve removed many videos.

I have never used a video in my gigs.

Only people who should are V/Os, video sellers etc. The rest don’t need them.

It hit me by surprise and I have lost revenues but I think there were issues with me and those issues were shadowing my real potential. Issues like answering at will to messages, ignoring buyers etc. And I was gradually drawing into a comfort zone and content with $600 to $1k side income on here. But the evaluation system has dragged me out of that situation and I became more careful which helped me improve the quality of service and consequently get more orders. I was whining, but not anymore as I am making a lot more than I would normally have and may even get promoted to TRS. Thanks 🙂

I have never used a video in my gigs.

Only people who should are V/Os, video sellers etc. The rest don’t need them.

The gig video can be treated like a commercial for a gig. It can be used to explain/sell the gig, the seller can appear on camera or do an animation, it shouldn’t be discounted. Some of my favorite sellers use videos.

The gig video can be treated like a commercial for a gig. It can be used to explain/sell the gig, the seller can appear on camera or do an animation, it shouldn’t be discounted. Some of my favorite sellers use videos.

I’ve hired over 90 different sellers. I only ever watch the videos of the video creators.

I find the majority of videos are monotonous, boring, contain no real useful info and all have the same 3 annoying free-to-use music tracks.

I’ve hired over 90 different sellers. I only ever watch the videos of the video creators.

I find the majority of videos are monotonous, boring, contain no real useful info and all have the same 3 annoying free-to-use music tracks.

If I could share links of gigs with gig videos I like, I would. But the forum doesn’t allow that, so I won’t.

If you feel like a video would help. Go for it! :ok_hand:t4:

Personally, I love watching videos. Not just in the VO cat but the others as well.

I’ll use @cyaxrex as an example, his videos are pretty awesome.

If you feel like a video would help. Go for it! :ok_hand:t4:

Personally, I love watching videos. Not just in the VO cat but the others as well.

The one with the insects mating is beyond words.

Archived