Monthly Evaluations - Yes or no?

psychicbunny

poll  

432 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I like it
    • I don’t like it

Guest offlinehelpers

If a buyer purchases a logo (for example) would they need to buy one again in the future?

It would be the same for every logo makers !

but I don’t like this system

Many sellers do not appreciate 100% of what is created by Fiverr, but we must adapt if we want to perform here.

It would be the same for every logo makers !

Exactly - there are some services which may only need to be purchased once, which makes the ‘would you buy again’ part redundant, hence less than 5 stars. Then the ‘or recommend’ bit gets ignored as well.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should think about how to increase the satisfaction of your buyers.

That means that 3 out of 5 clients were not 100% satisfied.

And yet if you read the reviews left by those 3 buyers it would seem they were really happy and very satisfied.

Added - could be the ‘would you buy this service again’ part of the feedback? If a buyer purchases a logo (for example) would they need to buy one again in the future?

I’ve had repeat buyers who always leave 5 stars leave 4.7 stars every once in a while. When I asked what I could do better, they were surprised. They thought they had left 5 stars. In two cases they were using the mobile app. Mistakes definitely happen.

I got demoted to new seller because a one buyer give me 4 stars, Is that justice system? and Now I don’t know to work on Fiverr and the buyer request is Zero

I had similar issues with reviews until I deleted my “problem” gigs, which also deleted part of my income.

However, just one refund put me under.

The level system is extremely stressful. All I do is worry about order completion rate.

The “stop complaining” people don’t get it. Some of us have been on Fiverr for a very long time, we haven’t seen any benefits from the level system. We’re not making more money, getting more sales, or even keeping our levels.

Besides, the Fiverr forum is a social media. Imagine if Zuckerberg told everyone on Facebook to “stop complaining” about privacy. Imagine if YouTube said “stop complaining” about censorship.

A platform isn’t just made by IT people and developers, it’s made by the people who work here. I hope Fiverr pays attention to the conversations we’re having.

1158964892_ScreenShot2018-05-02at7_31_22PM.thumb.png.2918fdbbda656e77753859dd74a7906d.png

I had similar issues with reviews until I deleted my “problem” gigs, which also deleted part of my income.

However, just one refund put me under.

The level system is extremely stressful. All I do is worry about order completion rate.

The “stop complaining” people don’t get it. Some of us have been on Fiverr for a very long time, we haven’t seen any benefits from the level system. We’re not making more money, getting more sales, or even keeping our levels.

Besides, the Fiverr forum is a social media. Imagine if Zuckerberg told everyone on Facebook to “stop complaining” about privacy. Imagine if YouTube said “stop complaining” about censorship.

A platform isn’t just made by IT people and developers, it’s made by the people who work here. I hope Fiverr pays attention to the conversations we’re having.

22%20PM

The system is not designed to deliver benefits to you. It is designed to inform buyers who is delivering excellence, and who is not. It is not designed to make you more money, or preserve your levels. It is designed to illustrate how well you perform against others. And you are in charge of that.

Business is stressful and competitive. It is not a social welfare program.

I am not trying to be harsh, but you have been holding this funeral for months now. What are you doing to improve your order completion metrics?

@fastcopywriter You are doing good, based on your stats. It looks like you have a lot of cancellations. Hopefully you find a solution to that somehow.

Maybe you could come up with some kind of gig that everyone accepts without having to cancel, which would improve that ratio.

Maybe you could come up with some kind of gig that everyone accepts without having to cancel, which would improve that ratio.

The issue is $$$. One of my gigs delivers 50% of my income, and while I don’t get as many cancellations from it as I used to, last month my cancellation rate was only 5%, I still get issues from time to time.

The system is not designed to deliver benefits to you.

The system was designed so that I could choose the offering, the price, delivery date, etc. So in a way, it was designed for me and millions like me. For the longest time the system only punished people for the worst conduct.

The #1 salesman at a car dealership doesn’t get demoted because a few orders fell through. So let’s not compare what’s happening here to the real business world. In fact, Fiverr is a place of opportunity. Outside of Fiverr, you need a full-time job to work, experience, etc. On Fiverr, anyone can sell anything, even people with no reviews can get orders.

There’s no other place like Fiverr. I tried joining Rover but their application process is too long and they want me to e-mail friends and family so they can provide testimonials on my behalf. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

Also, I’m well aware it’s not a social welfare program, those programs pay you for doing nothing. I on the other hand pay when I work. So why wouldn’t Fiverr want me to work more? If I make $2,000 in sales, Fiverr makes $400. If I make $500, they make $100. Why wouldn’t they want me to make $2,000?

The issue is $$$. One of my gigs delivers 50% of my income, and while I don’t get as many cancellations from it as I used to, last month my cancellation rate was only 5%, I still get issues from time to time.

The system was designed so that I could choose the offering, the price, delivery date, etc. So in a way, it was designed for me and millions like me. For the longest time the system only punished people for the worst conduct.

The #1 salesman at a car dealership doesn’t get demoted because a few orders fell through. So let’s not compare what’s happening here to the real business world. In fact, Fiverr is a place of opportunity. Outside of Fiverr, you need a full-time job to work, experience, etc. On Fiverr, anyone can sell anything, even people with no reviews can get orders.

There’s no other place like Fiverr. I tried joining Rover but their application process is too long and they want me to e-mail friends and family so they can provide testimonials on my behalf. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

Also, I’m well aware it’s not a social welfare program, those programs pay you for doing nothing. I on the other hand pay when I work. So why wouldn’t Fiverr want me to work more? If I make $2,000 in sales, Fiverr makes $400. If I make $500, they make $100. Why wouldn’t they want me to make $2,000?

So let’s not compare what’s happening here to the real business world.

And that right there is your problem. It IS the real business world, and the sooner you start treating it that way, the sooner you will see benefits.

Why wouldn’t they want me to make $2,000?

They do want you to. They will however, not do it for you. If you don’t do it someone else will and they still get paid. Business man.

Ok, all my orders on Fiverr I get it from buyer request section, Now I’m a new seller and No any request in this section, What I can do? because this bug system

As a creative 3D Artist, i see the evaluation system as a distraction while getting things done. Previously, me and my team had full freedom and focus on the project rather than keeping an eye on the rankings,ratings and levels each 15 days. This has caused major down time on creative ideas and executing them within the team as well.

After all, fiverr is a good platform and we are sellers. There is nothing much we can do.

So let’s not compare what’s happening here to the real business world.

And that right there is your problem. It IS the real business world, and the sooner you start treating it that way, the sooner you will see benefits.

Why wouldn’t they want me to make $2,000?

They do want you to. They will however, not do it for you. If you don’t do it someone else will and they still get paid. Business man.

We’re going in circles. In the real business world (with the exception of companies that get political), the best performers are protected, not demoted. A stockbroker is expected to bring a minimum amount of business, if he fails to do that, he gets demoted, sometimes fired.

Fiverr isn’t like that. Before, demotions were based over conduct. The guy who’s late all the time and who keeps getting cancellations for lateness would get demoted. That’s understandable. If a McDonalds has the slowest cashiers, that’s not acceptable, they have to go. Now good people are demoted over phony numbers, “ordered by mistake,” and nonsense.

I’m not asking them to do it for me. I’m asking them to get rid of the new system and restore everyone to the place they earned before the demotion massacre.

Ok, all my orders on Fiverr I get it from buyer request section, Now I’m a new seller and No any request in this section, What I can do? because this bug system

I would work on my gigs, change the tags, edit the description, and make sure I’m being found on search, because buyers requests is the last tool you should use, not the first one.

i see the evaluation system as a distraction while getting things done. Previously, me and my team had full freedom and focus on the project rather than keeping an eye on the rankings,ratings and levels each 15 days. This has caused major down time on creative ideas and executing them within the team as well.

Thanks for writing that. I agree. Fiverr used to be fun, now it’s stressful, now there are real world consequences over things we can’t control. Can anyone stop a buyer from ordering by mistake? Nope, impossible. You can be crystal clear, and someone will order by mistake.

I have no idea why people keep protecting fiverr, you protecting them and you wont get any benefit & they getting more cocky and harsh to us (seller). We need to keep monitoring (aka complaining) fiverr then they only move to a better direction which serves well for more peoples. We need to let them know what they did is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Seller is their most important thing, without us seller, fiverr is nothing. Be realistic.

The new evaluation system FORCE me accept some orders which I normally don’t do, like drawing pets. Because of the stupid Completion Rate I’m rather force to do it, it’s easy get 2 or 3 orders then will lost my TRS.

So you said this is a good thing? I don’t think so.

FYI, I keep my TRS for since Feb, I got perfect score but it’s giving me unnecessary stress every day because I do fiverr full time and I can’t let it clear my funds longer than 7 days, you know what I mean?

FIVERR need to adjust this evaluations system to make more sense to a normal human being seller. That’s it.

I have no idea why people keep protecting fiverr, you protecting them and you wont get any benefit & they getting more cocky and harsh to us (seller). We need to keep monitoring (aka complaining) fiverr then they only move to a better direction which serves well for more peoples. We need to let them know what they did is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Seller is their most important thing, without us seller, fiverr is nothing. Be realistic.

The new evaluation system FORCE me accept some orders which I normally don’t do, like drawing pets. Because of the stupid Completion Rate I’m rather force to do it, it’s easy get 2 or 3 orders then will lost my TRS.

So you said this is a good thing? I don’t think so.

FYI, I keep my TRS for since Feb, I got perfect score but it’s giving me unnecessary stress every day because I do fiverr full time and I can’t let it clear my funds longer than 7 days, you know what I mean?

FIVERR need to adjust this evaluations system to make more sense to a normal human being seller. That’s it.

I have no idea why people keep protecting fiverr, you protecting them and you wont get any benefit & they getting more cocky and harsh to us (seller).

I have never seen Fiverr “get cocky” with us. Fiverr’s representatives have always been open, friendly, and honest. None of these things are part of the definition of “cocky”.

As to me being among those who you view as “protecting Fiverr”, I get no direct benefits from defending Fiverr’s actions, but I do have the opportunity to encourage other sellers – like you – to look more objectively at the events that take place, rather than playing the “woe is me” card whenever something happens that you don’t like.

Fiverr is doing what they do to improve their business. You can learn to accept the changes and rules, or you can take your business elsewhere. That’s how business relationships work.

We need to keep monitoring (aka complaining) fiverr then they only move to a better direction which serves well for more peoples. We need to let them know what they did is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Not good enough for you, you mean. There are plenty of sellers who appreciate the changes, and are operating their freelance services within the rules. Just because you don’t like the rules, does not mean Fiverr is going to change them to suit YOUR preferences. Fiverr’s changes are improving their service. While there are some things that could be addressed, angrily pumping your fists at Fiverr, here on the forums, isn’t likely to change anything.

Alright, since you told me to be realistic… buyers are actually “the most important thing” here on Fiverr. Without them, no one – not even Fiverr – would be making any money/profit. And without that income, there would be no Fiverr, and thus no great freelance hosting site for all of us to be working with.

The new evaluation system FORCE me accept some orders which I normally don’t do, like drawing pets.

If this is such a problem, for you, then maybe you need to take a look at how YOU are promoting your services. If people keep ordering drawings that you don’t do, then there must be a better, more informative way that you could be presenting your gig description. Obviously people think you draw pets, when you clearly don’t want to. So… take a look at your own gigs, and develop a solution there, instead of blaming Fiverr for your buyers’ confusion.

I can’t let it clear my funds longer than 7 days, you know what I mean?

No, I have no idea what you mean.

FIVERR need to adjust this evaluations system to make more sense to a normal human being seller.

It makes perfect sense to me. And I am, last time I checked, “a normal human being seller”.

I’ve had repeat buyers who always leave 5 stars leave 4.7 stars every once in a while. When I asked what I could do better, they were surprised. They thought they had left 5 stars. In two cases they were using the mobile app. Mistakes definitely happen.

Oh yes, the app. And now you have to watch out for every 4.78469486 rating because a few of those on a bad month can affect you pretty dramatically.

My suggestion is to differentiate the impact of cancellations (buyer’s fault / seller’s fault) for instance before implementing the monthly evaluations that rely so heavily on the cancellations rate.

To, you know, create an illusion of balance in this. Otherwise, like I said, it adds some angst with the bit of an occasional hopelessness to all this.

I’ve never went lower than 95 percent on any of the stats yet it doesn’t help me feel better at all. Some semblance of fairness wouldn’t hurt.

I’m all for a strict evaluation system if I don’t get the chair knocked out from under me, btw.

There are sites that are downright sadistic with it yet at the very least they give you an option to say no to a contract with no consequences.

You should think about how to increase the satisfaction of your buyers.

That means that 3 out of 5 clients were not 100% satisfied.

And yet if you read the reviews left by those 3 buyers it would seem they were really happy and very satisfied.

Added - could be the ‘would you buy this service again’ part of the feedback? If a buyer purchases a logo (for example) would they need to buy one again in the future?

Is that still in there after all the changes? I’d hope not, it has been mentioned often enough on the forum most certainly as a very real wording problem, but haven’t bought anything in a while, so I don’t know.

Guest offlinehelpers

Is that still in there after all the changes? I’d hope not, it has been mentioned often enough on the forum most certainly as a very real wording problem, but haven’t bought anything in a while, so I don’t know.

When you get a feedback from a buyer, it’s still there as ‘Buy Again or Recommend’ with stars as well. ☀️

When you get a feedback from a buyer, it’s still there as ‘Buy Again or Recommend’ with stars as well. ☀️

Thanks. Then that’s still no good. We all know you can’t expect people to take it as it’s meant, not as it’s written. We’ve had people who knew buyers took it as literally as it’s asked and not as “Would you buy this gig again if you needed this service again” Words matter. Really. 😉

We’re going in circles. In the real business world (with the exception of companies that get political), the best performers are protected, not demoted. A stockbroker is expected to bring a minimum amount of business, if he fails to do that, he gets demoted, sometimes fired.

Fiverr isn’t like that. Before, demotions were based over conduct. The guy who’s late all the time and who keeps getting cancellations for lateness would get demoted. That’s understandable. If a McDonalds has the slowest cashiers, that’s not acceptable, they have to go. Now good people are demoted over phony numbers, “ordered by mistake,” and nonsense.

I’m not asking them to do it for me. I’m asking them to get rid of the new system and restore everyone to the place they earned before the demotion massacre.

I would work on my gigs, change the tags, edit the description, and make sure I’m being found on search, because buyers requests is the last tool you should use, not the first one.

i see the evaluation system as a distraction while getting things done. Previously, me and my team had full freedom and focus on the project rather than keeping an eye on the rankings,ratings and levels each 15 days. This has caused major down time on creative ideas and executing them within the team as well.

Thanks for writing that. I agree. Fiverr used to be fun, now it’s stressful, now there are real world consequences over things we can’t control. Can anyone stop a buyer from ordering by mistake? Nope, impossible. You can be crystal clear, and someone will order by mistake.

You are looking at Fiverr as a company that we all work for - it isnt. The level badges are not the equivalent of a McDonalds star for being the most smiley employee. If you consider the levels to be more like a guarantee of quality like when a business has “Guaranteed Made in America” or “Certified Organic” on them. Start seeing yourself as a business because that is what Fiverr’s target market want to see you as.

People have different opinions on this whole subject. If Fiverr was still the “Get someone to do something weird for $5” place that it was 5 years ago then I wouldn’t be getting the type of professional clients I am now. I don’t like the implementation but I do like the idea of increasing the professionalism on the site.

One of the reasons that I myself find it irritating to continuously hear the same people complaining about the Evaluations is that I know some of these people were part of the reason that they were introduced in the first place.

There were “TRSs” who were cancelling 50% of their orders to avoid negative reviews, refunding orders any time there was a sniff of a chance that they might get less than 5 stars; instead of getting stuck in and being professional, they refunded orders and gave the buyers a bad experience which costs Fiverr money and ensures that some buyers leave the platform which affects the rest of us.

Those are the type of people who made it necessary for evaluations to be brought in, yet I see many of them are the most vociferous in complaining about it. If I was going to complain about anything, it would be aimed towards those people, not Fiverr who are simply working towards building a better and more professional platform.

We are almost 5 months into this change, I cant see the evaluations being scrapped. I do hope they improve the implementation soon but in terms of it being reversed, I really hope it isnt as then the people who got away with rubbish in the past will just revert to it and bring the reputation of the whole site down again with them.

Lots of sellers don’t know how to be professional. Even some very talented ones still don’t quite know how to take this seriously enough to maintain high standards or make the needed changes, and keep their analytics high. Hopefully in time they will catch on.

Personally i love monthly evaluation it challenges us to be more competitive and work hard to achieve and maintain those rank and standards

but mutually cancelled order should not affect our seller standards
some buyers place orders and say that they have placed it mistakenly it still hurts our standards when it should not

You are looking at Fiverr as a company that we all work for - it isnt. The level badges are not the equivalent of a McDonalds star for being the most smiley employee. If you consider the levels to be more like a guarantee of quality like when a business has “Guaranteed Made in America” or “Certified Organic” on them. Start seeing yourself as a business because that is what Fiverr’s target market want to see you as.

People have different opinions on this whole subject. If Fiverr was still the “Get someone to do something weird for $5” place that it was 5 years ago then I wouldn’t be getting the type of professional clients I am now. I don’t like the implementation but I do like the idea of increasing the professionalism on the site.

One of the reasons that I myself find it irritating to continuously hear the same people complaining about the Evaluations is that I know some of these people were part of the reason that they were introduced in the first place.

There were “TRSs” who were cancelling 50% of their orders to avoid negative reviews, refunding orders any time there was a sniff of a chance that they might get less than 5 stars; instead of getting stuck in and being professional, they refunded orders and gave the buyers a bad experience which costs Fiverr money and ensures that some buyers leave the platform which affects the rest of us.

Those are the type of people who made it necessary for evaluations to be brought in, yet I see many of them are the most vociferous in complaining about it. If I was going to complain about anything, it would be aimed towards those people, not Fiverr who are simply working towards building a better and more professional platform.

We are almost 5 months into this change, I cant see the evaluations being scrapped. I do hope they improve the implementation soon but in terms of it being reversed, I really hope it isnt as then the people who got away with rubbish in the past will just revert to it and bring the reputation of the whole site down again with them.

Start seeing yourself as a business because that is what Fiverr’s target market want to see you as.

Like Jay-Z says, “I’m not a businessman, I’m a Business, Man!”

Kudos! Mr. Finnegan. 🎉 After reading your post, I think it’s safe to say you deserve some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and I’ll toss in a glass of :milk_glass:

P.S~ I wonder how many people googled the fancy word vociferous. 😛

Treat for Mr. F

Sorry, I couldn’t resist, so I took a bite out of one 🍪

chocolatecookies.thumb.jpg.d2068ae479148f2d651e370dc1f50f54.jpg

Archived