Monthly Evaluations - Yes or no?

psychicbunny

poll  

432 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I like it
    • I don’t like it

I agree that there can be improvements to the system. The point that I responded to was one that suggested that reviews are bad because they are stressful. Business is stressful. Whatever review system is in place will be unfair to someone. And will require work to maintain top status, otherwise it would be useless if it is little more than a participation trophy.

I agree only criteria that is under the seller’s control should be in the mix. That was not the point to which I responded. 😀

I agree that there can be improvements to the system. The point that I responded to was one that suggested that reviews are bad because they are stressful. Business is stressful. Whatever review system is in place will be unfair to someone. And will require work to maintain top status.

Yes, I agree to that. Sorry to have quoted you, in fact I was replying a bit in general. Just wanted to point out the fact that we can stress for something we control, but if not, the stress of the evaluation system is unnecesary, it’s flawed.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

What about the small sellers like me who have the low amount of sales?

Maybe this is deliberate, so that low volume sellers are kept at low levels, unless they somehow have very low cancellations? All of this might be deliberate, how they want it to be. I’m not saying it’s right, just wondering if they want it like this for some reason.

I think if they did NOT want it this way they would have changed it by now. Low volume sellers with low numbers of sales are affected more by cancellations. So maybe they want low volume sellers to be at lower levels for some reason.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I don’t have any space or room to manage this situation. Because I am a mid-level seller and have a low amount of sales.

As I said, there is certainly room to improve the system. My comment was directed at the “reviews are stressful” comment. I was seriously asking what alternative they would suggest. No reviews?

What about the small sellers like me who have the low amount of sales?

Maybe this is deliberate, so that low volume sellers are kept at low levels, unless they somehow have very low cancellations? All of this might be deliberate, how they want it to be. I’m not saying it’s right, just wondering if they want it like this for some reason.

I think if they did NOT want it this way they would have changed it by now. Low volume sellers with low numbers of sales are affected more by cancellations. So maybe they want low volume sellers to be at lower levels for some reason.

I already did all the math about this in another thread. Yes, I think you are right, but it also impacts low volume, high revenue sellers, usually gigs that require more time to complete and are more valued.

The reason behind promoting fast gigs is beyond my understanding. Perhaps they don’t want to overlap with other freelancing platforms more focused on professional work (you know which ones, maybe same investors?). It is something I am wondering for a while, well, wondering since January 😉

While I agree that evaluations are a good way of making sure that those Sellers whose level of service has fallen off in some way don’t keep their higher level, I also agree that it needs tweaked for all the reasons already stated.

In MY case, I’m quite unhappy because I got demoted from Level 2 to Level 1 in Feb due to only a 93% Response Rate due to spam email. By March’s eval, I was “all green”, but am STILL at Level 1! Why? Under “Next Level Requirements”, it notes that my Lifetime Earnings must be $2000 or more and I’m still at only $1900+. WTF is THIS crap? Now, had that been a requirement to GET to Level 2 in the first place (which it obviously was NOT), I could understand it, but to use THAT as the reason to not put me back to where I was? How the heck are you gonna require me to do something to get to where I’ve been when it wasn’t required to get there originally?! That’s some bull right there!

While I agree that evaluations are a good way of making sure that those Sellers whose level of service has fallen off in some way don’t keep their higher level, I also agree that it needs tweaked for all the reasons already stated.

In MY case, I’m quite unhappy because I got demoted from Level 2 to Level 1 in Feb due to only a 93% Response Rate due to spam email. By March’s eval, I was “all green”, but am STILL at Level 1! Why? Under “Next Level Requirements”, it notes that my Lifetime Earnings must be $2000 or more and I’m still at only $1900+. WTF is THIS crap? Now, had that been a requirement to GET to Level 2 in the first place (which it obviously was NOT), I could understand it, but to use THAT as the reason to not put me back to where I was? How the heck are you gonna require me to do something to get to where I’ve been when it wasn’t required to get there originally?! That’s some bull right there!

I’m quite unhappy because I got demoted from Level 2 to Level 1 in Feb due to only a 93% Response Rate due to spam email… Under “Next Level Requirements”, it notes that my Lifetime Earnings must be $2000 or more and I’m still at only $1900+. WTF is THIS crap? Now, had that been a requirement to GET to Level 2 in the first place (which it obviously was NOT), I could understand it, but to use THAT as the reason to not put me back to where I was?

Spam email does not affect you negatively if you respond to is by saying not, and then block the sender. The only reason it affects you negatively is because you let it sit in your inbox unaddressed. That’s your fault, not Fiverr’s.

All sellers seeking to be promoted to Level 2, must have earned $2,000. Since you had been promoted to Level 2 in the past, without having to meet that requirement then, now that that requirement exists, you have to meet it just like everyone else. You don’t deserve special treatment just because you want it.

It’s an unnecessary level of stress even for those who can keep up with the stats.

What would you suggest as an alternative? How would you differentiate between a seller who delivers 100% on time and someone who is consistently late?

Buyers deserve to know who is paying attention and who is not.

My suggestion is to differentiate the impact of cancellations (buyer’s fault / seller’s fault) for instance before implementing the monthly evaluations that rely so heavily on the cancellations rate.

To, you know, create an illusion of balance in this. Otherwise, like I said, it adds some angst with the bit of an occasional hopelessness to all this.

I’ve never went lower than 95 percent on any of the stats yet it doesn’t help me feel better at all. Some semblance of fairness wouldn’t hurt.

I’m quite unhappy because I got demoted from Level 2 to Level 1 in Feb due to only a 93% Response Rate due to spam email… Under “Next Level Requirements”, it notes that my Lifetime Earnings must be $2000 or more and I’m still at only $1900+. WTF is THIS crap? Now, had that been a requirement to GET to Level 2 in the first place (which it obviously was NOT), I could understand it, but to use THAT as the reason to not put me back to where I was?

Spam email does not affect you negatively if you respond to is by saying not, and then block the sender. The only reason it affects you negatively is because you let it sit in your inbox unaddressed. That’s your fault, not Fiverr’s.

All sellers seeking to be promoted to Level 2, must have earned $2,000. Since you had been promoted to Level 2 in the past, without having to meet that requirement then, now that that requirement exists, you have to meet it just like everyone else. You don’t deserve special treatment just because you want it.

To clarify, I do understand the reason for the demotion and worked to get back to where I was (including responding to Spam and marking it as such), so I was not complaining about that part in particular… And I’m not seeking special treatment; I just didn’t realize that all new sellers must meet that requirement, as it was not that way when I came aboard last Feb, so it seemed as if I have to now meet a requirement that I didn’t have to originally.

It would be really nice if Fiverr emailed a Weekly Digest or something, that notes these things so we’re aware of such changes. If I don’t visit the Forums and there’s no pop-up when I come to check my Orders, I don’t know things for sometimes months!

My suggestion is to differentiate the impact of cancellations (buyer’s fault / seller’s fault) for instance before implementing the monthly evaluations that rely so heavily on the cancellations rate.

To, you know, create an illusion of balance in this. Otherwise, like I said, it adds some angst with the bit of an occasional hopelessness to all this.

I’ve never went lower than 95 percent on any of the stats yet it doesn’t help me feel better at all. Some semblance of fairness wouldn’t hurt.

My suggestion is to differentiate the impact of cancellations

I think everyone agrees with you on that one. There is a problem with all cancellations being a ding on the seller.

To clarify, I do understand the reason for the demotion and worked to get back to where I was (including responding to Spam and marking it as such), so I was not complaining about that part in particular… And I’m not seeking special treatment; I just didn’t realize that all new sellers must meet that requirement, as it was not that way when I came aboard last Feb, so it seemed as if I have to now meet a requirement that I didn’t have to originally.

It would be really nice if Fiverr emailed a Weekly Digest or something, that notes these things so we’re aware of such changes. If I don’t visit the Forums and there’s no pop-up when I come to check my Orders, I don’t know things for sometimes months!

If I don’t visit the Forums and there’s no pop-up when I come to check my Orders

There was a pop-up about the new analytics (including new level requirements), and it was there for two months before the new evaluation system started.

It would be really nice if Fiverr emailed a Weekly Digest

Not a bad idea at all. Maybe even a monthly communication of changes, etc.

If I don’t visit the Forums and there’s no pop-up when I come to check my Orders

There was a pop-up about the new analytics (including new level requirements), and it was there for two months before the new evaluation system started.

I must’ve missed it. Thanks for letting me know, though.

I know this was in response to @tee_hi but I wanted to chime in here.

We shouldn’t be forced to reply to spam mail period. point. blank. Even when I utilized the report spam feature my RR plummeted; when I was told it wouldn’t affect my stats as long as I flagged it (no response needed). It sure as heck did! So, I took matters into my own hands and started replying to spam messages. Is it annoying? Hell, yeah! But in order to keep my RR above the threshold that’s what I’m forced to do.

My guess is that the lack of communication from staff to sellers is to keep the complaints down. Because that seems to be the result whenever staff does reach out to us. Why encourage that? They would then have to read them.

A weekly or monthly newsletter would be good but might just lead to more of the same type of response.

I know this was in response to @tee_hi but I wanted to chime in here.

We shouldn’t be forced to reply to spam mail period. point. blank. Even when I utilized the report spam feature my RR plummeted; when I was told it wouldn’t affect my stats as long as I flagged it (no response needed). It sure as heck did! So, I took matters into my own hands and started replying to spam messages. Is it annoying? Hell, yeah! But in order to keep my RR above the threshold that’s what I’m forced to do.

So, I took matters into my own hands and started replying to spam messages. Is it annoying? Hell, yeah! But in order to keep my RR above the threshold that’s what I’m forced to do

You can always have fun wasting their time a bit before you block them. On a similar note, have you seen rescam.org? It is a brilliant AI bot that you put scammers on to and it communicates with them and wastes their time forever.

88110_1.png lenasemenkova:

It’s an unnecessary level of stress even for those who can keep up with the stats.

What would you suggest as an alternative? How would you differentiate between a seller who delivers 100% on time and someone who is consistently late?

Buyers deserve to know who is paying attention and who is not.

The problem is that the evaluation system does not measure the real perfomance of the seller. Things that are not under our control can make a mess. Arbitrary orders, rating blackmails, chargebacks… just to name a few a seller can’t avoid no matter the strategy, as we can’t choose our buyers/orders or control chargebacks, not to mention blackmails.

What I can see reading the forum opinions is that sellers that got penalized by the evaluation system tend to critizice it, while the ones that for now are safe or their selling system (short gigs and lots of orders) gets the benefit of the percentage calculations, usually defend it.

Unfortunately, whatever reason that are not under the seller control is unacceptable for an evaluation of perfomance. Is like going to school and having a test on completely random subjects you are not supposed to know. How accurate would be that test regarding student performance? Same here.

Oh, BTW… I am not affected, nor now or past evaluations, by the system. I pass it completely. So no, I am not ranting or defend anything for myself.

Yes, exactly. Thank you.

So, I took matters into my own hands and started replying to spam messages. Is it annoying? Hell, yeah! But in order to keep my RR above the threshold that’s what I’m forced to do

You can always have fun wasting their time a bit before you block them. On a similar note, have you seen rescam.org? It is a brilliant AI bot that you put scammers on to and it communicates with them and wastes their time forever.

Nope, never heard of it. :thinking: It’s coolio tho!

It is a brilliant AI bot that you put scammers on to and it communicates with them and wastes their time forever.

I’ll give 'em a taste of their own 💉 medicine… Sounds like fun. :ok_hand:t4:

I got demoted to new seller because a one buyer give me 4 stars, Is that justice system? and Now I don’t know to work on Fiverr and the buyer request is Zero

I got demoted to new seller because a one buyer give me 4 stars,

There is not only 1 buyer who left a 4 stars.

I have just visited your profile and I see that 3 of the last 5 reviews are under 5 stars. That means that 3 out of 5 clients were not 100% satisfied.

You should think about how to increase the satisfaction of your buyers.

I have just visited your profile and I see that 3 of the last 5 reviews are under 5 stars. That means that 3 out of 5 clients were not 100% satisfied.

That means that 3 out of 5 clients were not 100% satisfied.

And yet if you read the reviews left by those 3 buyers it would seem they were really happy and very satisfied.

Added - could be the ‘would you buy this service again’ part of the feedback? If a buyer purchases a logo (for example) would they need to buy one again in the future?

OK, but I don’t like this system. Now I work on peopleperhour and everything is just fine

And yet if you read the reviews left by those 3 buyers it would seem they were really happy and very satisfied.

Added - could be the ‘would you buy this service again’ part of the feedback? If a buyer purchases a logo (for example) would they need to buy one again in the future?

it would seem they were really happy and very satisfied.

Yes, I have seen the positive comments.

They can’t have left less than 5 stars by accident ?

Sometimes it would be interesting to know exactly what happened during an order to understand the reviews and stars!

I am sure that the seller knows what happened.

If a buyer purchases a logo (for example) would they need to buy one again in the future?

It would be the same for every logo makers !

but I don’t like this system

Many sellers do not appreciate 100% of what is created by Fiverr, but we must adapt if we want to perform here.

Archived