Should Buyers Be Vetted Like Sellers

darrentunstall

You can refuse to work for anyone you don’t want to

Without consequences?

Without consequences?

You can refuse anytime you want, but if someone messages you and asks, and you refuse them, then no consequences. If you cancel a bunch of orders it can affect your completion rate. But you always have the choice.

I think Fiverr should provide more options to customize our gigs and how we sell them.

For example, if I want all my orders to be approved then I should be able to turn it on for any gig I want. People who don’t need it can turn it off.

If I wish to use calling feature to discuss my projects with clients then I should be able to turn it on. Others can stick to messages if they like it more.

Or if I wish to turn on office hours then I should be able to do that. I need my sleep and I prefer to spend weekends with my family without worrying response rate. Sellers who are online 24/7 can disable it.

The reason why I’m slowly transitioning out of Fiverr is that they are creating too many rules that don’t support my way of working. If I wanted 9 to 5 job then I would get one. I became a freelancer to spend more time with my family, choose my own clients and work when I see fit. That’s not the case anymore here, but fortunately, I’m able to do this outside of Fiverr. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who feels this way and most likely Fiverr will lose some sellers because of it. It won’t make any impact in terms of revenue so I doubt they will change their course.

Vetting buyers would not benefit the platform and us sellers, in a sense that it would add friction and roadblocks to an actual purchase being placed.

However I think that IP blocking and checking, plus VPN shady stuff should be in place.

So that fraudulent buyers should be automatically banned if they open up a new account.

Vetting buyers would not benefit the platform and us sellers, in a sense that it would add friction and roadblocks to an actual purchase being placed.

However I think that IP blocking and checking, plus VPN shady stuff should be in place.

So that fraudulent buyers should be automatically banned if they open up a new account.

us sellers, in a sense that it would add friction and roadblocks to an actual purchase being placed.

It depends on a seller and service. I prefer when buyers contact me first.

I just wish that Fiverr allowed us to set our own rules. A lot of us are using “Contact me first” line in their description, so there definitely is a group of sellers(probably small group) who would need it.

If Fiverr is concerned about revenue then fine, set a requirement like make $2K a month and we will let you approve your orders. For some sellers it’s easier than dealing with cancellations where buyers order something they don’t actually understand or need.

us sellers, in a sense that it would add friction and roadblocks to an actual purchase being placed.

It depends on a seller and service. I prefer when buyers contact me first.

I just wish that Fiverr allowed us to set our own rules. A lot of us are using “Contact me first” line in their description, so there definitely is a group of sellers(probably small group) who would need it.

If Fiverr is concerned about revenue then fine, set a requirement like make $2K a month and we will let you approve your orders. For some sellers it’s easier than dealing with cancellations where buyers order something they don’t actually understand or need.

Yeah I get what you are saying.

I personally want people to purchase my gigs with 0 friction. my services are different I guess.

Yeah it would be great for developers though for sure.

Yeah I get what you are saying.

I personally want people to purchase my gigs with 0 friction. my services are different I guess.

Yeah it would be great for developers though for sure.

And that’s absolutely fine. I wouldn’t force my way of doing business on anyone else 🙂

It doesn’t have to be a black or white scenario. I wish Fiverr would let us choose how we want to do business.

We want to make money just as much as they do, so give us the right tools.

I think Fiverr should provide more options to customize our gigs and how we sell them.

For example, if I want all my orders to be approved then I should be able to turn it on for any gig I want. People who don’t need it can turn it off.

If I wish to use calling feature to discuss my projects with clients then I should be able to turn it on. Others can stick to messages if they like it more.

Or if I wish to turn on office hours then I should be able to do that. I need my sleep and I prefer to spend weekends with my family without worrying response rate. Sellers who are online 24/7 can disable it.

The reason why I’m slowly transitioning out of Fiverr is that they are creating too many rules that don’t support my way of working. If I wanted 9 to 5 job then I would get one. I became a freelancer to spend more time with my family, choose my own clients and work when I see fit. That’s not the case anymore here, but fortunately, I’m able to do this outside of Fiverr. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who feels this way and most likely Fiverr will lose some sellers because of it. It won’t make any impact in terms of revenue so I doubt they will change their course.

or example, if I want all my orders to be approved then I should be able to turn it on for any gig I want. People who don’t need it can turn it off.

I like that!

BRAVO! I like that.

I think the “Contact Me” should be an option the sellers can enable or disable.

Why not let sellers replace the “Order Now” at their discretion?

It won’t deter purchases. All 5r has to do is have a filter option for buyers to search only for sellers with Order Now . That way, buyer’s who prefer to order with less hassle can and won’t waste time looking at those gigs.

Everyone is happy.

Why not let sellers replace the “Order Now” at their discretion?

It won’t deter purchases. All 5r has to do is have a filter option for buyers to search only for sellers with Order Now . That way, buyer’s who prefer to order with less hassle can and won’t waste time looking at those gigs.

Everyone is happy.

Now, that’s a fascinating, non-invasive option. I actually like it – a seller being able to chose the functional nature of that green button – making it either an “order now” that directs to the payment page, or a “contact me first” button that directs to a private message.

Simple… yet effective. An excellent idea!

Now, that’s a fascinating, non-invasive option. I actually like it – a seller being able to chose the functional nature of that green button – making it either an “order now” that directs to the payment page, or a “contact me first” button that directs to a private message.

Simple… yet effective. An excellent idea!

I agree, it’s a great idea. I’d just add that the option to contact the seller should always be there, with the Order Now button available or not (green or gray?), depending on the seller’s choice.

It would be nice to get a prompt

“Do you accept an order from JohnDoe33?”

I’d like to see the buyer’s cancellation rate.

the country where buyers are from

That is irrelevant, you’re going to get difficult buyers from all over the world, including America and Canada.

The goal is to have better quality control.

I agree, and if we created a system where orders are rejected before they start, where failing one metric doesn’t demote you, then we’d be better off.

However, I just want to get orders as fast as possible, that’s my main concern.

You’re right. There are difficult buyers from all over the world. The reason why I think sellers should be able to choose the buyers from specific countries is mostly due to culture and language. These two things alone can cause miscommunication in a transaction.

You’re right. There are difficult buyers from all over the world. The reason why I think sellers should be able to choose the buyers from specific countries is mostly due to culture and language. These two things alone can cause miscommunication in a transaction.

The reason why I think sellers should be able to choose the buyers from specific countries is mostly due to culture and language.

That’s the thing. I can’t tell you which countries are difficult, I’ve had difficult and great buyers from all over the world.

Besides, nobody needs to write perfect English to communicate clearly, and I can assure you that there are plenty of native English speakers who don’t communicate clearly, who don’t know what they want, who write entire paragraphs instead of a few sentences.

At least someone who barely speaks English is forced to get to the point.

Archived