Is Fiverr Itself Gaming Pro Gig Reviews?

cyaxrex

But I am not an employee - would you prefer they went to Upwork?

You know what, tension is high around these and quite frankly I don’t care.

If Fiverr had to buy gigs to promote gigs then that in and of itself proves their failure.

If Fiverr had to buy gigs to promote gigs then that in and of itself proves their failure.

If Fiverr had to buy gigs to promote gigs then that in and of itself proves their failure

What on earth are you talking about?

Fiverr buys services from people of all levels who sell here. Why are you assuming it is a con now that they bought a pro gig? Also, whatever promotion Fiverr does is to ultimately help sell gigs, I hope they do more and more of it.

Tension is always high, and whether you “care” or not isn’t the point. Fiverr are getting access to freelance services that they do not possess in house. That’s all that’s going on here, there is no grand conspiracy.

They are not buying gigs to promote them, they are buying gigs for the exact same reason everyone else does, because it adds value to their business. I am sure you would not be complaining if it were your gigs they were buying.

Tension is always high, and whether you “care” or not isn’t the point. Fiverr are getting access to freelance services that they do not possess in house. That’s all that’s going on here, there is no grand conspiracy.

They are not buying gigs to promote them, they are buying gigs for the exact same reason everyone else does, because it adds value to their business. I am sure you would not be complaining if it were your gigs they were buying.

I am sure you would not be complaining if it were your gigs they were buying.

Preach!

Lots of negativity with Pro gigs, now with what gigs Fiverr staff purchase and why, most people are truly aching for Fiverr to fail somehow.

As if it would further help their cause. But I honestly do wonder what the very same people would say had they gotten an order from Fiverr, or Pro status, or TRS badge etc

Everybody put the hand bags down. There won’t be any agreeing to disagree here. We are all naturally very jealous of the Fiverr Pro sellers who are able to sell their services to Fiverr for more than some of us earn in a month on this platform.

All we all collectively want/hope, though, is that Pro Gigs can appeal to more than just Fiverr itself in the long-term.

Everybody put the hand bags down. There won’t be any agreeing to disagree here. We are all naturally very jealous of the Fiverr Pro sellers who are able to sell their services to Fiverr for more than some of us earn in a month on this platform.

All we all collectively want/hope, though, is that Pro Gigs can appeal to more than just Fiverr itself in the long-term.

That’s currently happening - I have sold or have in the pipeline 30 pro gigs, only three have been sold to Fiverr, all the rest are external buyers.

I also refer 2-3 buyers every day to less expensive Fiverr sellers on the platform.

I did a job for that account a couple of months ago, so not sure if its shady or just them using their own platform instead of hiring elsewhere when they need something… it makes sense they would need marketing work done just like any business.

I did a job for that account a couple of months ago, so not sure if its shady or just them using their own platform instead of hiring elsewhere when they need something… it makes sense they would need marketing work done just like any business.

That’s great, Sue. When the podcast was in early stages, I remember that several sellers sold work to Fiverr, I think stuff related to the podcast. It might have been Fiverr Social since they would have a specific need for promotional content. That was way before Pro existed and I think that one of the sellers who did some music edits was level 2, so I guess they buy from “ordinary” sellers too if they see something they want.

I’m thinking that Fiverr must need services like any other business and going through the gig system is a good way to do a little QA as well. I love a good conspiracy, but I’m not seeing this one.

That’s great, Sue. When the podcast was in early stages, I remember that several sellers sold work to Fiverr, I think stuff related to the podcast. It might have been Fiverr Social since they would have a specific need for promotional content. That was way before Pro existed and I think that one of the sellers who did some music edits was level 2, so I guess they buy from “ordinary” sellers too if they see something they want.

I’m thinking that Fiverr must need services like any other business and going through the gig system is a good way to do a little QA as well. I love a good conspiracy, but I’m not seeing this one.

I love a good conspiracy, but I’m not seeing this one.

haha I’m the same 😁

That’s currently happening - I have sold or have in the pipeline 30 pro gigs, only three have been sold to Fiverr, all the rest are external buyers.

I also refer 2-3 buyers every day to less expensive Fiverr sellers on the platform.

Cool down all of you sellers. They say (Create and they will come) Just create the Pro gig and they will come to buy.

@paulmaplesden remember recommending me to some of your buyers next time.

Cool down all of you sellers. They say (Create and they will come) Just create the Pro gig and they will come to buy.

@paulmaplesden remember recommending me to some of your buyers next time.

Just create the Pro gig and they will come to buy.

You need to be vetted as a Pro seller by Fiverr staff to be able to create a Pro gig.

I´m no PRO but I was recently hired by Fiverr´s staff member too. After speaking I got the impression they usually hire people on the platform to do work. So, I don´t think they are hiring ´´Pros´´ just so they get sells. That´s pointless and means:

1. They will have to do it with all new pros.
  2. The whole thing is a lie
  3. They will definitely go to bankruptcy

So no, I don´t think so…I think they simply needed something done and that gig was the best option for whatever reason.

Actually, it makes me happy to know they hire others in the platform for their own projects. They believe in us! (Insert Haleluya sound here)

Archived