Testing our search placement algorithm

mjensen415

My stats/sales/revenue are in free fall since late January. April was the worst month since 2015 for me personally.

I have a funny situation…my stats are pathetic…impressions/views/clicks are very low, getting lower every week…but my earnings in April>March>Feb> Jan. My April 2017 earnings were 15% higher than my 3-year Fiverr average and I am booked till May 31, so have plenty in my to-do. I don’t know if I will continue to make money from June onwards or not, but right now, I can’t really complain, despite the pathetic stats/impressions. [April earnings 20% higher than average actually, calculated again]

I know what you mean. March looked good on paper for me too despite the crappy stats, and non-existent new sales because two really large orders were finally closed (long-term projects) so my revenue seemed fine, and I remember distinctly my “success manager” telling me everything’s A-OK because he only looks at the bottom line.

But waking up to an empty inbox is really cold. 0 prospects, means someone messed up.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean. March looked good on paper for me too despite the crappy stats, and non-existent new sales because two really large orders were finally closed (long-term projects) so my revenue seemed fine, and I remember distinctly my “success manager” telling me everything’s A-OK because he only looks at the bottom line.

But waking up to an empty inbox is really cold. 0 prospects, means someone messed up.

Exactly, eventually the gravy train stops, when it does, you better have a back-up plan.

My stats/sales/revenue are in free fall since late January. April was the worst month since 2015 for me personally.

I have a funny situation…my stats are pathetic…impressions/views/clicks are very low, getting lower every week…but my earnings in April>March>Feb> Jan. My April 2017 earnings were 15% higher than my 3-year Fiverr average and I am booked till May 31, so have plenty in my to-do. I don’t know if I will continue to make money from June onwards or not, but right now, I can’t really complain, despite the pathetic stats/impressions. [April earnings 20% higher than average actually, calculated again]

[April earnings 20% higher than average actually, calculated again]

good for you.

I am down by 50% when compared to last April

Exactly, eventually the gravy train stops, when it does, you better have a back-up plan.

I’m paying Fiverr 20% to keep the gravy coming.

There’s no excuse for them not keeping their end while I keep paying them for a service.

Yeah I do have $$ saved up for a rainy day and a fall-back plan, but Fiverr should be more consistent at my level.

I still don’t understand this Algorithm. I send traffic to my gig daily, and the stat increase for both view and click but no order for the past 2 weeks.
The worst part is that support team keep on telling me everything is okay that my gig is visible, not until I read this from the forum.
This is my worst experience since joining Fiverr 3 years back.
Fiverr Team, please do something fast.

Hi

Will this experiment effect on ads gig?

I do not getting any order even on my ad gig.

It seems to affect a lot of gigs from all over the marketplace, from various categories, if not all. However, it also means that you now have time to reflect back on your gigs and services and make any needed improvements (or even add some new services for that matter) before your sales start going back up 😉

So try using this “free time” to your advantage.

I do have some popular gigs that are getting no sales which do very well when people can find them.It would be nice to have potential buyers see those, so after this testing is over I will work on those and update them. I know that my own efforts are the best indicator of sales. But overall I’m happy with how things are.

Thank you for saying it out.

But this has drastically affected my profile overall.
I DID NOT give a year to fiverr for this testing which later ruins everything.

Due to this, my ALL gigs are showing no to zero activity.
As if someone just pulled out my profile.

I have tried to complain CS and what they always say is " THEY CAN’T FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY YOUR GIGs"

I mean seriously? When you are not showing them, its not ranked, and due to this testing new sellers are on top and old sellers on bottom and no where HOW ON EARTH WILL BUYERS BUY YOUR GIG?

I AM VERY VERY FRUSTATED.
For the last 1 month, my revenues are near to ZERO :@

**I BADLY NEED YOU TO RE-POSITION my gig **

Now this drop in sales will affect me in future as well, as you will consider them that my profile was inactive.

Guest offlinehelpers

I have tried to complain CS and what they always say is " THEY CAN’T FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY YOUR GIGs"

I mean seriously? When you are not showing them, its not ranked, and due to this testing new sellers are on top and old sellers on bottom and no where HOW ON EARTH WILL BUYERS BUY YOUR GIG?

Now this drop in sales will affect me in future as well, as you will consider them that my profile was inactive.

Please stop shouting, and take a deep breath.

As you’ll see from all the posts above and in several different threads, most of us are in the same boat.

Compensation - don’t think so - is there some sort of insurance you can take out for freelancing? 🙂

I BADLY NEED YOU TO COMPENSATE ME

This is NONSENSE…

As you’ll see from all the posts above and in several different threads, most of us are in the same boat.

Compensation - don’t think so - is there some sort of insurance you can take out for freelancing? 🙂

Compensation - don’t think so - is there some sort of insurance you can take out for freelancing?

I call my insurance policy - Save, invest, don’t buy a fancy car with your Fiverr money.

Guest offlinehelpers

Compensation - don’t think so - is there some sort of insurance you can take out for freelancing?

I call my insurance policy - Save, invest, don’t buy a fancy car with your Fiverr money.

In my case, it’s called a pension!

No, not insurance But when you are working hard day and night and something like this results.

its not really something we signed up for.

I am really frustrated. I have been waiting from almost 2 weeks now for this problem to be sorted out.

By compensation I meant pulling my gig back to where it was regardless of what happened in the previous month.

Guest offlinehelpers

No, not insurance But when you are working hard day and night and something like this results.

its not really something we signed up for.

I am really frustrated. I have been waiting from almost 2 weeks now for this problem to be sorted out.

By compensation I meant pulling my gig back to where it was regardless of what happened in the previous month.

I think all we can all do it wait and see what the future brings. Fiverr’s acknowledged there’s a problem - it would be nice if everybody’s gigs went back to where they were - who knows - the might well do!

In the meantime, have a wee walk and a cup of tea, and you’ll feel much better. 🙂

It is, however, a good lesson on having more than one source of income if you can - good luck!

I’m paying Fiverr 20% to keep the gravy coming.

There’s no excuse for them not keeping their end while I keep paying them for a service.

Yeah I do have $$ saved up for a rainy day and a fall-back plan, but Fiverr should be more consistent at my level.

This is exactly what I meant, we are paying 20% of every order.

They should really look into this.

Lets all pray this work out for us all. As we know new seller/gig can’t make sales the way we old seller does, and if we don’t make sales, Fiverr will not earn 20%. Am sure they are affected too.
Let’s just pray it work well. Programmers in the room, please send some helping stuff to Fiverr Staff.

Archived