Testing our search placement algorithm

mjensen415

Glad to hear something finally.

It’s frustrating to work so many years on Fiverr, only to find my best gig completely disappear from the rankings. I’m not even listed on the Average Rating setting either. Gigs that are new or just getting reviews are higher than me with 1,600+ reviews, even in that category. That’s really frustrating.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear something finally.

It’s frustrating to work so many years on Fiverr, only to find my best gig completely disappear from the rankings. I’m not even listed on the Average Rating setting either. Gigs that are new or just getting reviews are higher than me with 1,600+ reviews, even in that category. That’s really frustrating.

this is not acceptable. My Gigs disappeared too. I see Gigs with 2 reviews are top rated or featured while Gigs with hundreds of reviews aren’t showing within the first 3 pages. I am not receiving any messages for my best seller Gigs. I don’t know what they are doing but its ridiculous.

Hi Doers!

Some of you may have noticed some… strange things happening to your searched Gig placements in the marketplace. Not to fear, we’re running some tests on the search placement algorithm in order to best maximize placement for all Gigs.

The goal of these tests is to make sure that we’re surfacing the best Gigs for the intended search. For example, we don’t want to show Gigs that are not active, sellers who are on vacation, etc, etc. We’re weighing a multitude of factors for these tests and not one specific aspect of a Gig is the focus.

We are constantly working to improve the marketplace and appreciate your patience while we work to make the marketplace even better for sellers!

Please post any questions you have below and we will do our best to address any concerns you have about these marketplace upgrades.

Hi Mjensen,

I have a gig with over 200+ 5-star reviews. It is my “I will give you an ACCURATE Psychic reading” gig.

When you searched through the “High Average Ratings” section, this gig was in the first 2 rows.

Now my gig is not even remotely close to the first page!

There are gigs with 11 star reviews that are being replaced by my gig, this is not fair! I worked 2 hard years to get my gig to this position and you are giving my position away to someone with 11 reviews. There is a gig with 0 reviews that costs $995! Obviously the higher the gig price is, the better placement it will receive.

Is there anyway I can message you so you can put this gig back on top? My sales are very slow - I was atleast $300-400 short last month. I would really appreciate it. This is not fair that you are treating your veterans like this!

Is there anyway I can message you so you can put this gig back on top? My sales are very slow - I was atleast $300-400 short last month. I would really appreciate it. This is not fair that you are treating your veterans like this!

I can’t help but ask, why do you think you should be treated differently to every other seller on the platform?

What’s the news please

Some of you may have noticed some… strange things happening to your searched Gig placements in the marketplace. Not to fear, we’re running some tests on the search placement algorithm in order to best maximize placement for all Gigs.

The goal of these tests is to make sure that we’re surfacing the best Gigs for the intended search. For example, we don’t want to show Gigs that are not active, sellers who are on vacation, etc, etc. We’re weighing a multitude of factors for these tests and not one specific aspect of a Gig is the focus.

We are constantly working to improve the marketplace and appreciate your patience while we work to make the marketplace even better for sellers!

Please post any questions you have below and we will do our best to address any concerns you have about these marketplace upgrades.

Finally a news from official! Now I can die in peace 😛

Please make a popup notification for all Fiverr users. Some of them don’t use the forum.

Please make a popup notification for all Fiverr users. Some of them don’t use the forum.

I agree this should be done and would be very useful.

At the same time, I suggest that all sellers check the forum at least every 3-4 days to see if there is something useful for them. When there is big news, bugs, updates, changes etc, often the first mention of them is on the Forum and it is an exceptional resource.

Similarly, many questions that users post here are answered by other experienced sellers. Although these are opinions and for serious issues CS should be contacted, questions can often receive answers within a matter of minutes.

The average time it takes for a first reply on the forum is 2 MINUTES which is much better than 24-48 hours for Customer Support!

Let’s hope they bring back the system that worked so well for so many years. Too much thinking/analysis.

I was puzzled by the ones on top rows with 2 reviews that sat there for months in the recommended section. I don’t understand how that section chooses which gigs to display. Those gigs never get new reviews yet have the highest visibility positions.

One has a one sentence gig description.

Well Fiverr messing up search results globally, then pretending everything’s fine for about a month, then finally admitting they messed up is not at all hopeful in my book.

Not sure why everyone is ecstatic about the official Fiverr response.

I am a TRS, who went from 6-7 orders per day to 0.

I haven’t had a “walk-in” sale for 15 days now.

All the sales I had were deals I had to close on my own, after extended negotiations with new buyers.

But Fiverr still got their 20% cut.

All promoted gig sales have also stopped abruptly.

So while I welcome the fact that Fiverr is in fact openly addressing an issue affecting level 0/1/2 and TRS sellers, I can’t help to wonder just how much they screwed things up this time, that they actually thought they should let us know something’s up.

My stats/sales/revenue are in free fall since late January. April was the worst month since 2015 for me personally.

Well Fiverr messing up search results globally, then pretending everything’s fine for about a month, then finally admitting they messed up is not at all hopeful in my book.

Not sure why everyone is ecstatic about the official Fiverr response.

I am a TRS, who went from 6-7 orders per day to 0.

I haven’t had a “walk-in” sale for 15 days now.

All the sales I had were deals I had to close on my own, after extended negotiations with new buyers.

But Fiverr still got their 20% cut.

All promoted gig sales have also stopped abruptly.

So while I welcome the fact that Fiverr is in fact openly addressing an issue affecting level 0/1/2 and TRS sellers, I can’t help to wonder just how much they screwed things up this time, that they actually thought they should let us know something’s up.

My stats/sales/revenue are in free fall since late January. April was the worst month since 2015 for me personally.

I have a funny situation…my stats are pathetic…impressions/views/clicks are very low, getting lower every week…but my earnings in April>March>Feb> Jan. My April 2017 earnings were 15% higher than my 3-year Fiverr average and I am booked till May 31, so have plenty in my to-do. I don’t know if I will continue to make money from June onwards or not, but right now, I can’t really complain, despite the pathetic stats/impressions. [April earnings 20% higher than average actually, calculated again]

Archived