All work no reward

shaunacardwell

Anyone else feel like they are doing so much work but not even making all that much money?

I make about £500 a month, that may be a lot to people but not if you want to actually make a living from only fiverr.

I make music/singing/songwriting and I feel like i have wrote millions of songs lol, creating a 3 minute song, writing,singing,producing yourself (that customers want to be very catchy) is hard like every day im writing songs and i never have time for my own music that im extremely passionate about. Anyway im not complaining im extremely grateful for everything and even making £500 is amazing but i feel like its non stop every day working on songs and making very little for it. getting a song done anywhere else is about £400 for just the one song.
Does anyone have any tips or anything to help me out, I feel like if I put the prices up no one will buy it.

I was considering but then i dont think as many people would buy it then

I wouldn’t worry about that. If people understand that you produce top quality music, there’s no reason they would bother spending a few extra dollars. You can try to increase each package just by $5 and then see what happens, if you see a major decrease in buyers, just put it back to where it used to be. Best wishes!

Raise your rates.
I raised my rates on a few of my video gigs, now I get more looks and sales. The majority of my sales come from custom offers.
Its called the Perceived Value Theory and means the worth that your gig service has in the eye of the buyer. Even in the Fiverr-environment where things can get done for $5…thats merely a starting point. By and large buyers are oblivious to the actual cost of the services they buy. They just feel how much they are worth to THEM.
My theory, newly developed, is this, if you fish where everyone else fishes, you’ll catch the same fish, but, if you decide to head to maybe more dangerous waters…you can catch bigger fish. No risk, no reward. 10 gigs x $5 = $50 (or pounds), 5 gigs at $10 = $50 (or pounds) assuming that your number of sales is tied to your pricing and would go down if you raised your price. Even if it did, it’s less work spent on the number of sales for the same amount, but your rate per gig increases so you make more doing less. If your sales are tied to your rating and quality of services, exposure, etc, then your sales, theoretically would up.
Just my thoughts, but worth a chance I think.👍

Hi Shauna,

You are already utilizing the “Package” system, so that’s a good move.

You can just add a $5 bump to your base price for a fortnight or month and check how many orders you get or don’t get.

If you see a positive gain on that, then you can add the $5 bump to your $20 and $40 package as well.

You will have to do some trial & error with the prices that suit and adjust to your clients.

Good Luck! 👍

Hi Shauna,

You are already utilizing the “Package” system, so that’s a good move.

You can just add a $5 bump to your base price for a fortnight or month and check how many orders you get or don’t get.

If you see a positive gain on that, then you can add the $5 bump to your $20 and $40 package as well.

You will have to do some trial & error with the prices that suit and adjust to your clients.

Good Luck! 👍

Your every talk is really true thank s lot give the topics

You are so talented Shauna, don’t sell yourself short. If you don’t want to raise your main gig price, you can always lower the word count or the singing time itself.

Why not add a few more gigs at a higher price point to see if those will take off? I noticed none of your current gigs have the word “Sing” in your gig title. It might be difficult for people to find you.

You could add gigs like:

-I will sing your song (You wouldn’t have to write the lyrics)

-I will compose music to your song ( Not sure if you offer this service)

-I will sing your children’s song ( There are so many YouTube channels for children)

-I will sing your EDM song

-I will be your session singer

Just a few ideas. You have a lovely voice, don’t underestimate the value :).

Good luck!

You are so talented Shauna, don’t sell yourself short. If you don’t want to raise your main gig price, you can always lower the word count or the singing time itself.

Why not add a few more gigs at a higher price point to see if those will take off? I noticed none of your current gigs have the word “Sing” in your gig title. It might be difficult for people to find you.

You could add gigs like:

-I will sing your song (You wouldn’t have to write the lyrics)

-I will compose music to your song ( Not sure if you offer this service)

-I will sing your children’s song ( There are so many YouTube channels for children)

-I will sing your EDM song

-I will be your session singer

Just a few ideas. You have a lovely voice, don’t underestimate the value :).

Good luck!

I will sing your EDM song

I like that! 👍

🎵

Archived