Capgras Syndrome: What IF People Really are Being Replaced?

cyaxrex

Conspiracy time everyone!

Now to be fair, this is a friend of a friend story, not a personal experience. However, an older woman from Australia moved to my sleepy fishing village last autumn and despite seeing her almost every morning, I only today discovered something extraordinarily interesting about her. It goes like this:

For most of the 70’s and 80’s, my kind of friend Ann Marie was happily married to her husband Michael, They had a house, great lifestyle, kids, and were very happy. Then in 1988, Michael came home from work early while Ann Marie was making dinner and seemed to be acting odd. There was no affection, his body language was all off, and the most creepy part was that as time went on, Ann Marie and her oldest son always had the feeling that when Michael made reference to the past or personal details about them, it was like he was reciting something out of an encyclopedia.

Long story short, Ann quickly became 100% certain that her husband had been replaced by a stranger. However, the worst part for her was not knowing what had happened to her real husband. This and that the person who had replaced him seemed to enjoy toying with her when they were alone together.

In the end, Ann was diagnosed with Capgras Syndrome, a delusion where people suddenly believe that a loved one has been replaced by a stranger. Rather, however, than accepting this diagnosis, Ann got a divorce, raised her children herself and has been traveling the world since the late 90’s, still 100% certain that Capgras isn’t a delusion but a convenient way for society to put a band aid on a huge and very disturbing conspiracy.

All that said, Ann doesn’t talk about this often, purely becuse of the ridicule she expects from people who haven’t experienced the phenomena themselves. More to the point, she’s as sane as anyone else I know, (or at least was until this morning).

So, without ANY REFERENCE AT ALL TO INDIAN POLITICS, what would your take on a case like this be? Are some people just mental? Or could there be something much more to this and if so, what? Demonic possession? Aliens? Foreign spies somehow transplanted into body doubles? Or something even more sinister?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know about your friend but I know a walk-in. She is perfectly sane. She had the personality that inhabited her body replaced by a new, more enlightened personality from another star system many years ago. She has an entire following of devoted friends who absolutely believe her.

Her life is very successful unlike previously with the old, absent, disturbed personality. She is a single mom of a very well adjusted son. The old replaced personality now inhabits the planet the new personality is from and is being helped.

I’ve seen too much that is weird to not be open minded to these things.

I don’t know about your friend but I know a walk-in. She is perfectly sane. She had the personality that inhabited her body replaced by a new, more enlightened personality from another star system many years ago. She has an entire following of devoted friends who absolutely believe her.

Her life is very successful unlike previously with the old, absent, disturbed personality. She is a single mom of a very well adjusted son. The old replaced personality now inhabits the planet the new personality is from and is being helped.

I’ve seen too much that is weird to not be open minded to these things.

What? So this is/can be like possession?

Conspiracy time everyone!

Now to be fair, this is a friend of a friend story, not a personal experience. However, an older woman from Australia moved to my sleepy fishing village last autumn and despite seeing her almost every morning, I only today discovered something extraordinarily interesting about her. It goes like this:

For most of the 70’s and 80’s, my kind of friend Ann Marie was happily married to her husband Michael, They had a house, great lifestyle, kids, and were very happy. Then in 1988, Michael came home from work early while Ann Marie was making dinner and seemed to be acting odd. There was no affection, his body language was all off, and the most creepy part was that as time went on, Ann Marie and her oldest son always had the feeling that when Michael made reference to the past or personal details about them, it was like he was reciting something out of an encyclopedia.

Long story short, Ann quickly became 100% certain that her husband had been replaced by a stranger. However, the worst part for her was not knowing what had happened to her real husband. This and that the person who had replaced him seemed to enjoy toying with her when they were alone together.

In the end, Ann was diagnosed with Capgras Syndrome, a delusion where people suddenly believe that a loved one has been replaced by a stranger. Rather, however, than accepting this diagnosis, Ann got a divorce, raised her children herself and has been traveling the world since the late 90’s, still 100% certain that Capgras isn’t a delusion but a convenient way for society to put a band aid on a huge and very disturbing conspiracy.

All that said, Ann doesn’t talk about this often, purely becuse of the ridicule she expects from people who haven’t experienced the phenomena themselves. More to the point, she’s as sane as anyone else I know, (or at least was until this morning).

So, without ANY REFERENCE AT ALL TO INDIAN POLITICS, what would your take on a case like this be? Are some people just mental? Or could there be something much more to this and if so, what? Demonic possession? Aliens? Foreign spies somehow transplanted into body doubles? Or something even more sinister?

So, without ANY REFERENCE AT ALL TO INDIAN POLITICS,

Damn you Cy…

What? So this is/can be like possession?

Apparently it is total possession, although that term refers to the previous personality still somewhere inside the body but in hiding. In your friend’s case, and my friend’s case, the old personality seems to have left.

Your friend’s husband may be a walk-in too.

Walk-ins very much enjoy the earthly pleasures.

Apparently it is total possession, although that term refers to the previous personality still somewhere inside the body but in hiding. In your friend’s case, and my friend’s case, the old personality seems to have left.

Your friend’s husband may be a walk-in too.

Walk-ins very much enjoy the earthly pleasures.

Well, Ann hasn’t spoke to her ex in almost 20 years so it’s not like it’s a present issue. It does put a very different perspective on things, though, when you meet someone so convinced that they had someone in their life replaced.

Well, Ann hasn’t spoke to her ex in almost 20 years so it’s not like it’s a present issue. It does put a very different perspective on things, though, when you meet someone so convinced that they had someone in their life replaced.

It’s a worldwide phenomenon that’s been going on for several decades at least.

There are walk-in conventions. They feel it is a soul exchange that takes place.

• 2 years later...

It has happened to me. I don’t understand what has happened, but you know, as Ann Marie did. It happened to me in 2015 with family, ex-partner and then 2y ago with my wife 10 days after we married. 18mths before anything happened I was told of exactly this by the CEO of a UK company as being operated as a ‘program’ by British intelligence/ security services to ‘security clear’ you for work with govt and corporations. At the time I had patents, technology and phenomenal product. I wouldn’t play ball with ‘the system’ and started trying to expose fm;'s, govt corruption etc. My life was destroyed. It seems to be a conspiracy, but it is not just real world as it is satanic and I have been tormented by the devil/ demon (as per Ann Marie’s experience of being toyed with when alone). I still hope that love is the answer, but I fear that the truth really is just this sinister. Please find Jesus Christ.

They are walk-ins. A switch up of personality and soul into different bodies.
Narcissism can also mimic a walk in when they finally drop the very convincing masks they wear but that is something totally different.
That often can happen soon after a marriage when the mask is felt to be no longer needed.

The walk-in I know was a hard core drug addict most of her life when suddenly she left her body and the “meat suit” she was wearing, as some call the body, was inhabited by a new enlightened personality, with a different name, way of speaking, way of living, etc. There was no question in anyone’s mind this absolutely was the case. No one who knows her disbelieves her.

It has happened to me. I don’t understand what has happened, but you know, as Ann Marie did. It happened to me in 2015 with family, ex-partner and then 2y ago with my wife 10 days after we married. 18mths before anything happened I was told of exactly this by the CEO of a UK company as being operated as a ‘program’ by British intelligence/ security services to ‘security clear’ you for work with govt and corporations. At the time I had patents, technology and phenomenal product. I wouldn’t play ball with ‘the system’ and started trying to expose fm;'s, govt corruption etc. My life was destroyed. It seems to be a conspiracy, but it is not just real world as it is satanic and I have been tormented by the devil/ demon (as per Ann Marie’s experience of being toyed with when alone). I still hope that love is the answer, but I fear that the truth really is just this sinister. Please find Jesus Christ.

I was told of exactly this by the CEO of a UK company as being operated as a ‘program’ by British intelligence/ security services to ‘security clear’ you for work with govt and corporations.

I’m sorry this happened to you. I’m also guessing by your username that you just joined Fiverr to comment on this thread after searching for Capgras information via search engines? If so, I should point out that I am in no way an expert.

I don’t know this person any longer. However, she did mention that her problem stated after she and her husband were trying to set up some kind of ISP service. (That was a big deal at the time.)

That said, I do understand the demonic angle you are hinting at. I’m sorry you have had to deal with this yourself. You seem to have already found the right solution though. All I will add is that from my own experience, you also have to treat spirits and demons like animals.

In one sense, they are like sharks in the unseen ether of the world. - Meaning they can smell you thinking about them from a mile away. At the same time, they are like dogs, in that they come when you call them. - And when you think about them, you kind of call them.

It’s a Catch 22 of the world we can’t see. You are having an experience that is immediate, real, threatening, and just like if there was a serial killer trying to break into your house, you want to talk about it and start sounding the alarm. Sadly, all this does in practice is feed the attention seeking nature of your enemy.

In short, you have to find a way to lock down your mind. It is not easy. (I still sleep with the light on.) However, it is possible. You just need to realize your authority over yourself and what you allow into your life.

Of course, that is easy to say, but I imagine, a lot harder in practice when close family are suddenly replaced, possessed, or manipulated through other means. However, that is the best advice I can give.

I hope the new year sees you rebuild, continue to keep faith, and continue healing.

I was told of exactly this by the CEO of a UK company as being operated as a ‘program’ by British intelligence/ security services to ‘security clear’ you for work with govt and corporations.

I’m sorry this happened to you. I’m also guessing by your username that you just joined Fiverr to comment on this thread after searching for Capgras information via search engines? If so, I should point out that I am in no way an expert.

I don’t know this person any longer. However, she did mention that her problem stated after she and her husband were trying to set up some kind of ISP service. (That was a big deal at the time.)

That said, I do understand the demonic angle you are hinting at. I’m sorry you have had to deal with this yourself. You seem to have already found the right solution though. All I will add is that from my own experience, you also have to treat spirits and demons like animals.

In one sense, they are like sharks in the unseen ether of the world. - Meaning they can smell you thinking about them from a mile away. At the same time, they are like dogs, in that they come when you call them. - And when you think about them, you kind of call them.

It’s a Catch 22 of the world we can’t see. You are having an experience that is immediate, real, threatening, and just like if there was a serial killer trying to break into your house, you want to talk about it and start sounding the alarm. Sadly, all this does in practice is feed the attention seeking nature of your enemy.

In short, you have to find a way to lock down your mind. It is not easy. (I still sleep with the light on.) However, it is possible. You just need to realize your authority over yourself and what you allow into your life.

Of course, that is easy to say, but I imagine, a lot harder in practice when close family are suddenly replaced, possessed, or manipulated through other means. However, that is the best advice I can give.

I hope the new year sees you rebuild, continue to keep faith, and continue healing.

they are like sharks in the unseen ether of the world. - Meaning they can smell you thinking about them from a mile away. At the same time, they are like dogs, in that they come when you call them. - And when you think about them, you kind of call them.

Interesting comparison there describing demons and narcissists, both with that trait. Or at least some narcissists if they need something from you come when you think about them. Others just know it but ignore it. Narcisists seem to be psychic about how they are aware of the thought processes of others they know. I won’t describe the other entities I mentioned as that only feeds them.

Yep. I waste my life endlessly trawling for answers. I’ve been left homeless/ penniless and stranded in USA. I still cling to the hope that somehow it’s a matter of my heart and that I am just failing to love, but the terror is so great that something horrific happened to my wife. It’s impossible and distressing.

Its interesting that Ann Marie’s was also related to significant commercial opportunity. This is the satanic kingdom on earth operating.

I don’t know what to do anymore. When your world is turned into dystopia and whatever you say sounds implausible then its impossible. I think I was attacked so hard as I was extremely credible with what I had done and due to a very good reputation with my previous career at UBS. So, destroying me to discredit me is plausible.

Yep. I waste my life endlessly trawling for answers. I’ve been left homeless/ penniless and stranded in USA. I still cling to the hope that somehow it’s a matter of my heart and that I am just failing to love, but the terror is so great that something horrific happened to my wife. It’s impossible and distressing.

Its interesting that Ann Marie’s was also related to significant commercial opportunity. This is the satanic kingdom on earth operating.

I don’t know what to do anymore. When your world is turned into dystopia and whatever you say sounds implausible then its impossible. I think I was attacked so hard as I was extremely credible with what I had done and due to a very good reputation with my previous career at UBS. So, destroying me to discredit me is plausible.

You probably just were dealing with a smart sneaky manipulative narcissist. Watch some youtube videos on this increasingly common phenomenon and the victims left in their wake as they move through life sucking away your essence.

They wear a completely convincing mask as they “harvest” you, which falls away when no longer needed.

I’ve been homeless. What kept me going was having a book to read and reminding myself every evening that although I hand no food, money, home, or opportunities to make like better, no one could take away the air I was breathing. In this case, it was a case that logically, life had to continue. All I couldn’t do was see how life would continue.

Are you still in the U.S? Are you still stranded there?

I don’t know what to do anymore. When your world is turned into dystopia and whatever you say sounds implausible then its impossible.

There is always a way. Just because you haven’t found one yet doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

Most of what I say sounds implausible but that’s understandable when you have implausible, but real, experiences.

I waste my life endlessly trawling for answers.

You also will get answers if you have an open mind and ears to hear them.

I was just reading about capgras syndrome, a type of psychosis.

It’s a weird situation. I am still trying to find a way to reconcile everything so that I can make the marriage work, but the experience that I’ve been through has been one of total spiritual destruction and I fear that actually, having seen/ known/ pursued the enemy then I am condemned. Seriously, it is horrific but I cannot exist where love cannot be the answer. I am in the apt with her now, but not living here and I have been trapped in position of homelessness for years and seen all sorts of stuff of ‘conspiracy theory’ since this started. You could say that there was a period of deep psychosis but the weird thing is the CEO, or who I believed he was at time, told me about this ‘program’ 2y before and asked if it’s something I ‘wanted’. Stupidly I said I guess so and I believe this was a permission to the demonic realm to wreak havoc. In the program he described in great detail how you are trained as an MI6 officer and gave detail of a lot of spycraft, countersurveillance, fieldcraft, escape methods etc and told me the objective is to use the skills you develop to unmask the gang of doppelgangers.

I ended up in a horror movie something like a Bourne movie rolled up with all manner of horror movies and everything from real world physical attack and technological through to supernatural/ demonic. Ran around various countries trying to find ‘the truth’ being drawn deeper and deeper into a shadowy world that you have no way to comprehend. When you think maybe I’m imagining it, eg being marked in Istanbul, something happens - I was shot in face with some kind of non lethal projectile from a side of van at 5.30am on a route I’d run every day after being aware of being surveilled and laser marked for a few days. My doppelganger sister (who lives there) saw my swollen bloody face when I returned and just said oh what happened to you, I told her and she said, oh don’t you go into shock!!!

Anyway, I ended up homeless/ penniless in Dublin and after I started praying, I met ‘angel of light’ and ended up here in Nebraska married - and then 10days after we married, same thing.

During the time I’ve been here I made friends with a veteran 32y US 5th special forces and CIA SOG. He has been in and done the nasty end of the stuff the govt don’t even know about for his career. He says that everything I have been through is plausible under the circumstances (patents and not playing ball), is something that was pioneered by the British, and that it sounds like I was being set up to be a ‘fall guy’. The stuff that I was ‘trained’ in, that I know is not available on web and he said that it had to come from ‘inside’ his world.

Go figure. This shit is horrific. He knows more but is too scared to say and spends his life in torment from the things he’s done and seeking deliverance through exorcism etc.

My advice is never look for it, seek it and never give it permission. Turn away from the things of this world and follow Christ Jesus. It may be too late for me, but please know that everything that I’ve seen and experienced (which includes some direct encounters with demonic manifestations) leads me to believe in His truth.

Unfortunately I don’t know where to go from here as I have ended up entrapped by my own corrupt heart, mind and iniquity and I am torn between trying to do what seems to be right to everyone else in loving someone but living with torment over that which I can’t reconcile, or being self-centered and hard and just going and never having a life - I can’t even just go and as I am stranded.

I have pics, videos etc in which there is no way I can reconcile the physical differences as being same physical wife, before we get to spiritual/ personality etc and the manifestations/ torment. Even weirder, after the change, a bunch of old pics were changed right before my eyes as I scrolled through. So, this is where you lose any grasp of reality.

I am exhausted and heartbroken. Heartbroken for life, for what happened to my wife, for what I am doing to her if this is some sick trick, and for everyone in this world who is suffering.

It’s a weird situation. I am still trying to find a way to reconcile everything so that I can make the marriage work, but the experience that I’ve been through has been one of total spiritual destruction and I fear that actually, having seen/ known/ pursued the enemy then I am condemned. Seriously, it is horrific but I cannot exist where love cannot be the answer. I am in the apt with her now, but not living here and I have been trapped in position of homelessness for years and seen all sorts of stuff of ‘conspiracy theory’ since this started. You could say that there was a period of deep psychosis but the weird thing is the CEO, or who I believed he was at time, told me about this ‘program’ 2y before and asked if it’s something I ‘wanted’. Stupidly I said I guess so and I believe this was a permission to the demonic realm to wreak havoc. In the program he described in great detail how you are trained as an MI6 officer and gave detail of a lot of spycraft, countersurveillance, fieldcraft, escape methods etc and told me the objective is to use the skills you develop to unmask the gang of doppelgangers.

I ended up in a horror movie something like a Bourne movie rolled up with all manner of horror movies and everything from real world physical attack and technological through to supernatural/ demonic. Ran around various countries trying to find ‘the truth’ being drawn deeper and deeper into a shadowy world that you have no way to comprehend. When you think maybe I’m imagining it, eg being marked in Istanbul, something happens - I was shot in face with some kind of non lethal projectile from a side of van at 5.30am on a route I’d run every day after being aware of being surveilled and laser marked for a few days. My doppelganger sister (who lives there) saw my swollen bloody face when I returned and just said oh what happened to you, I told her and she said, oh don’t you go into shock!!!

Anyway, I ended up homeless/ penniless in Dublin and after I started praying, I met ‘angel of light’ and ended up here in Nebraska married - and then 10days after we married, same thing.

During the time I’ve been here I made friends with a veteran 32y US 5th special forces and CIA SOG. He has been in and done the nasty end of the stuff the govt don’t even know about for his career. He says that everything I have been through is plausible under the circumstances (patents and not playing ball), is something that was pioneered by the British, and that it sounds like I was being set up to be a ‘fall guy’. The stuff that I was ‘trained’ in, that I know is not available on web and he said that it had to come from ‘inside’ his world.

Go figure. This shit is horrific. He knows more but is too scared to say and spends his life in torment from the things he’s done and seeking deliverance through exorcism etc.

My advice is never look for it, seek it and never give it permission. Turn away from the things of this world and follow Christ Jesus. It may be too late for me, but please know that everything that I’ve seen and experienced (which includes some direct encounters with demonic manifestations) leads me to believe in His truth.

Unfortunately I don’t know where to go from here as I have ended up entrapped by my own corrupt heart, mind and iniquity and I am torn between trying to do what seems to be right to everyone else in loving someone but living with torment over that which I can’t reconcile, or being self-centered and hard and just going and never having a life - I can’t even just go and as I am stranded.

I have pics, videos etc in which there is no way I can reconcile the physical differences as being same physical wife, before we get to spiritual/ personality etc and the manifestations/ torment. Even weirder, after the change, a bunch of old pics were changed right before my eyes as I scrolled through. So, this is where you lose any grasp of reality.

I am exhausted and heartbroken. Heartbroken for life, for what happened to my wife, for what I am doing to her if this is some sick trick, and for everyone in this world who is suffering.

The terrifying thing to me is that as per Anne Marie’s take, this is very real, in this world and is even paraded in front of us through entertainment industries. Mocking us.

There is no way to figure it out, which I believe is why the Bible does not expand on anything but instead tells you to be innocent and keep your thoughts and eyes on Christ. The darkness tries to get you to see it and will draw you deeper and deeper if you pursue it or give it entry to your life.

The terrifying thing to me is that as per Anne Marie’s take, this is very real, in this world and is even paraded in front of us through entertainment industries. Mocking us.

There is no way to figure it out, which I believe is why the Bible does not expand on anything but instead tells you to be innocent and keep your thoughts and eyes on Christ. The darkness tries to get you to see it and will draw you deeper and deeper if you pursue it or give it entry to your life.

The darkness tries to get you to see it

It does a really good job of that. We are supposed to see it and figure out what to do about it. At least that’s one reason I’m here.

And lately I’ve been thinking about this: is the darkness we experience and see really just a judgement call we are making without real understanding.

If we could literally truly understand all there is would our judgement of things change?

The darkness tries to get you to see it

It does a really good job of that. We are supposed to see it and figure out what to do about it. At least that’s one reason I’m here.

And lately I’ve been thinking about this: is the darkness we experience and see really just a judgement call we are making without real understanding.

If we could literally truly understand all there is would our judgement of things change?

You can expose the works of darkness, but looking for it isn’t good. Keep everything turned towards God. The darkness was defeated by the crucifixion of Christ. Don’t end up in a situation like me where it’s able to gain too much traction in raising your awareness too much of itself. All you need to know is evil is real, there is a spiritual realm and Christ defeated the evil already so give Him your attention.

You can expose the works of darkness, but looking for it isn’t good. Keep everything turned towards God. The darkness was defeated by the crucifixion of Christ. Don’t end up in a situation like me where it’s able to gain too much traction in raising your awareness too much of itself. All you need to know is evil is real, there is a spiritual realm and Christ defeated the evil already so give Him your attention.

Ok we have differing points of view in my case based on one of my missions in life in this current incarnation but that’s ok we are all on the same path.

I try to be as educated about all this as I possibly can be so I know what I’m dealing with and can respond accordingly.

I learned something new from this thread, about capgras syndrome. What a pleasant surprise to learn about this on the forum.

Ok we have differing points of view in my case based on one of my missions in life in this current incarnation but that’s ok we are all on the same path.

I try to be as educated about all this as I possibly can be so I know what I’m dealing with and can respond accordingly.

I learned something new from this thread, about capgras syndrome. What a pleasant surprise to learn about this on the forum.

I have wondered to what extent we create our own reality and the idea of whether we view things darkly or in light, i.e duality, but I don’t think that’s entirely the case as it negates the existence of external malevolent forces which do exist. I don’t think we can ever come close to understanding what reality is, and it kind of kills me that the world is so beautiful and fascinating when you are a child and that innocent, and over time, through life, we lose that innocence and presence. That, and the gentle heart like an innocent child are so precious and that is essentially what darkness tries to destroy. That’s why it’s so distressing to find oneself in a position in which loving doesn’t seem to be the correct answer and I hope that no one else ends up in this place.

Archived