Capgras Syndrome: What IF People Really are Being Replaced?

cyaxrex

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Here is a revelation. Every word of the Bible was written by men and a lot of books of the time were deliberately left out. I read the book of Judah, Book of Mary, Book of Thomas, and it’s clear why when certain people were trying to put together a coherent set of “beliefs” it was necessary to discredit and leave out lots of important books written even before most of the New Testament.

This sums it pretty well:

https://www.quora.com/Why-were-the-books-of-Enoch-Thomas-Mary-and-Judas-omitted-from-the-Bible/answer/Paul-Blase-2

He says:

The Christian Old Testament is identical with the Jewish Scriptures, if in a slightly different order.

There are also certain historical books, such as Maccabees, which are good for historical and even liturgical purposes but are not considered inspired by God and inerrent.

The New Testament is comprised of four Gospels, or accounts of Jesus’ ministry, death, and resurrection written by either eyewitnesses (Matthew and John) or first-generation converts who knew eyewitnesses (Mark and Luke, who famously interviewed everyone available including Jesus’ mother Mary); a number of pastoral letters, or epistles, written by Apostles or first-generation pastors; and a book of prophecy by St. John, the writer of the gospel.

The criteria for inclusion in the New Testament are: 1) It must be written by someone who was an eyewitness or accepted by eyewitnesses. 2) It must speak of Jesus. 3) It must not contradict known Scripture.

The books you cite are either apocryphal (the Book of Enoch) or Gnostic forgeries written long after the first century, and certainly not by their supposed authors.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a revelation. Every word of the Bible was written by men and a lot of books of the time were deliberately left out. I read the book of Judah, Book of Mary, Book of Thomas, and it’s clear why when certain people were trying to put together a coherent set of “beliefs” it was necessary to discredit and leave out lots of important books written even before most of the New Testament.

This sums it pretty well:

https://www.quora.com/Why-were-the-books-of-Enoch-Thomas-Mary-and-Judas-omitted-from-the-Bible/answer/Paul-Blase-2

He says:

The Christian Old Testament is identical with the Jewish Scriptures, if in a slightly different order.

There are also certain historical books, such as Maccabees, which are good for historical and even liturgical purposes but are not considered inspired by God and inerrent.

The New Testament is comprised of four Gospels, or accounts of Jesus’ ministry, death, and resurrection written by either eyewitnesses (Matthew and John) or first-generation converts who knew eyewitnesses (Mark and Luke, who famously interviewed everyone available including Jesus’ mother Mary); a number of pastoral letters, or epistles, written by Apostles or first-generation pastors; and a book of prophecy by St. John, the writer of the gospel.

The criteria for inclusion in the New Testament are: 1) It must be written by someone who was an eyewitness or accepted by eyewitnesses. 2) It must speak of Jesus. 3) It must not contradict known Scripture.

The books you cite are either apocryphal (the Book of Enoch) or Gnostic forgeries written long after the first century, and certainly not by their supposed authors.

I’ve studied this extensively but whatever you want to believe is ok with me. There are some excellent documentaries on this subject available also. As someone fascinated with archeology and ancient texts this is one of my interests.

Even only 200 years after the death of Jesus no one could agree on these books and which were genuine or to be believed and not much has changed. Only we now have dating techniques so at least we know when they were written.

I’ve studied this extensively but whatever you want to believe is ok with me. There are some excellent documentaries on this subject available also. As someone fascinated with archeology and ancient texts this is one of my interests.

Even only 200 years after the death of Jesus no one could agree on these books and which were genuine or to be believed and not much has changed. Only we now have dating techniques so at least we know when they were written.

I’ve studied this extensively but whatever you want to believe is ok with me.

I have too as I’m paranoid about pretty much everything! I once had a theory that the various religions were another divide and conquer strategy for control but having seen the malevolent hatred towards man, Jesus, witnessing the reality of His authority over real demonic activity, knowing that true joy and love lie in what He taught, and seeing the extent of the evil and subversion operated by the dark powers to mislead mankind and deny Christ Jesus as the way, then I’m pretty convinced, more so when I have seen a few people who had divine experience.

Archived