My personal experiments that have made me upto $1250 per order :)

imwithsahil

Luckily, you have my laziness firmly on your side.I just want to get paid for writing–which I would be doing anyway. Video seems like a lot of busy work with bit of a learning curve to go.

Of course, I haven’t even bothered to sign up for a free Powtoon account, so you can see how seriously I’m taking this ambition.

You can put the battle axe away–for now! Most of my new gig ideas floating around are in the writing category with the video ideas being geared around scriptwriting (and I still haven’t gotten around to studying that…)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then I shall pack away my kayak and Greek Fire for today and not cross the Mediterranean as I initially planned to tonight. My wee dog will rest happy after all. Thank you emmaki.

Obviously, though I’m not serious. However, if you did want to do vids, drop me a PM and I will let you know who I use. they’re not as fancy as Powtoon but the annual subscription is way cheaper. - Especially if you buy around Black Friday in the US.

I’m very impressed with your prices and average order, but why do you have 4 gigs that are basically the same thing? Do you think that helps you get more orders?

“I’d rather sell 2 videos on Fiverr and make $100 from it investing 2-3 hours. Or maybe selling 2 simple WordPress theme based sites making the same amount of money.”

I can respect that, but it’s not for me. If I can make $50 from one gig in 30 minutes, I’m very happy. I could never invest 2-3 hours because some buyers don’t appreciate my time and will demand a refund if they don’t like the work. I can’t afford that risk.

With that said, if you can manage to earn $200 a day that’s $73,000 a year. $400 a day is $146,000. Or $6,083/$12,166 a month.

Amazing advice ! And to the point. I think Fiverr is all about selling something to someone who has more worth for the product than u have. I just started and i have some traffic gigs which are working well for me.

The new package system developed by fiverr helps us great in getting more amount from single order.

I’ve focused on a service where point no. 2 that you’ve mentioned is applied totally. 🙂

Normally, one thins that Fiverr is a platform where buyers are looking to spend as low money as possible but your story stands out uniquely.

In my case, the scenario is different. I provide a service (I sell picture quotes with buyer’s branding, i.e. logo and url) which can be sold to ‘n’ number of times and requires less time and energy but at the same time I can not charge more for it. (So your points no. 1 and 2 gets mixed here for me… he he).

But what I sell has a big and wide range of buyer realm and I’m really hoping to reach to a slight of portion of it to make a full time income here on Fiverr.

Cheers !

Hmm… this post is what I may call a “double edged weapon” post! I know you wanted to give a boost for new sellers and to motivate others who have lost motivation, but this would have a TREMENDOUS negative effect, not only on your own gig but on the whole white board animation/presentation videos business. A lot of buyers may read your post and find out that it’s not that time consuming and hard to make a white board animation presentation video as it seems, and they may also discover that a lot of sellers have scammed them and squeezed every penny they had out of their pockets in an automatic and easy process any one can learn and do for hem self for less than half of the price offered for the gig. Also, the market will be flooded with rubbish and low quality gigs for lower prices and of course some buyers may go for those cheap gigs regardless of the low quality-for now! I am not trying to blame you or anything, but I believe that every successful seller should keep the “know how” for him/her self because he/she is not revealing his/her own success secrets, but it’s a success secrets of a whole business and thousands of sellers out there. Giving advice and motivating others is a totally different thing (my own opinion of course).
Best of luck to you 🙂

What you’re forgetting here is that animators on Fiverr have to initially invest heavily in the necessary licencing rights to be able to sell any videos they create. Think $600-$1500 per year. Also using any kind of platform still requires users to practice and learn the ropes. Most buyers on Fiverr simply won’t do this and will rarely have an eye for how to put together different design elements etc.

In like regard, novice Fiverr sellers often won’t be willing to invest in software licences which might not bring them any returns. Selling itself is an art form after all.

Just think about it like making a burger. For the price of a Big Mac you can buy a tray of fresh minced meat and all the ingredients you need to make several healthier and more filling meals. The only problem is, most people today don’t know how to boil an egg right and will in this case always choose to pay someone else to do it for them.

I understand your point. But there is that type of buyers who like to “investigate” how things done and how much that seller is making on average, not for competition or to become sellers, but to know if there’s any way possible to pay much more less price for the service they want.

• 2 months later...

Archived